Kotobukiya X-MEN ArtFx+ is Coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or how he shoots his beam with no visor... that mask is pretty ****ing dumb unless now he literally is a cyclops with one eye in the middle and he shoots out of the red X :lol

Or how he shoots his beam with no visor... that mask is pretty ****ing dumb unless now he literally is a cyclops with one eye in the middle and he shoots out of the red X :lol

He does lol. The red X is his visor now

latest

Ah... so he literally only has one eye in the comics now? :lol

For real? It looks like he has two indentations for eyes on the statue. Not one in the middle. Either way the costume makes zero sense to me. But, I haven't read comics in a long time. Is he blind? One eyed? Or just likes wearing a costume with a big X on the head to look cool?

Yeah, If he has two eyes I'm not sure how he can open his eyes and have it shoot from an X in the middle of his face :lol

Stupid design IMO

They (Marvel) should never have changed his visor design. An X on his costume should have been enough ...he didn't need an X on his face.

Since his powers don't work properly anymore, and is a liability, I always thought the X was more symbolic. Plus most artists draw it illuminated, so its a very nice visual.

I'm mostly excited for Emma, Magneto, and Magik.

I'm on the fence with this line...I've been reading this entire X-Men arc for the past couple of years, and love the new team (though it looks like it's a mix of just random X-Men over any particular team due to the inclusion of Rogue for the most part. I like her character, but Kitty has played a bigger part in the Uncanny/All-New ongoing series that most of this line stems from); however, I'm just not sure about the 1/10 detail.

Cyclops looks pretty solid, but Koto makes such great pieces in larger sizes, that it's odd their 1/10th line aren't just as well made, only smaller. Emma Frost above looks like a mixed bag. I'll wait to see more shots from Koto (which will probably pop up this week) and think about it more. If I did delve into the line, I'd probably only nab Cyclops, Emma, Magik...and possibly Rogue. While she's not a part of the group I've read, I still like the character. All that said, I may still pass on the line entirely. I wish they'd done them like the DC Superman For Tomorrow/Batman/Wonder Woman 1/6 pieces! That'd be fantastic.

I'll probably get Magneto, Wolverine and Rogue if they come out good. Not sure about any of the others.

Ah yeah, Magneto possibly too. Wolverine would be a "wait and see" figure, as he really could go either way. Plus, I'm not a fan of anyone who was against Cyclops after the whole Phoenix saga. :lol Especially Beast! :p

I'm probably out on this line. I dunno, just not feeling it and have funds tied up elsewhere. When I saw the initial press release that these were coming I was excited, but this one underwhelmed and I'm not sure it's worth just getting Cyclops. Wish these were on par with their DC ArtFX line I mentioned before (not their 1/10th, but Superman for Tomorrow, etc...) as then it'd likely be a no brainer, as those pieces are beautiful!

Paint job could have been better but its a nice statue.

Based on the size (1/10) and the price point (most are $60 or under), I can accept the paint job being a little subpar. Much more understandable than a poor paint job on a $400 1/4 scale piece.

I'd agree the paint job is what I would expect for the price and scale. I'm fine with it

Based on the size (1/10) and the price point (most are $60 or under), I can accept the paint job being a little subpar. Much more understandable than a poor paint job on a $400 1/4 scale piece.

I agree. $60 is a good price point. I'd be upset if the paint job was on a $400 statue. *looks at sideshow

Back