Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Chapter. As you said it's always a good idea to have a plan because if not you can easily find yourself buying various things just cause leading to that extra work as you mentioned.

Thank you!

I speak from experience and it was no fun! The clutter gets overwhelming and it's a pain in the butt selling, especially if you choose venues like eBay. Too much risk nowadays.

Thank you!

I speak from experience and it was no fun! The clutter gets overwhelming and it's a pain in the butt selling, especially if you choose venues like eBay. Too much risk nowadays.

I completely second that. To sell something can be a HUGE pain and it sucks when you have a lot of statues you can't even display due to lack of space.

I completely second that. To sell something can be a HUGE pain and it sucks when you have a lot of statues you can't even display due to lack of space.

And eBay, nowadays, you can't trust anyone. The seller is ALWAYS the 'bad guy.' Heaven forbid if you cross the wrong buyer. You're doomed! Too many scams. And then you got seller's fees! Sheesh!

I had no clue how much eBay seller fees had increased, I found out the hard way, eBay is now dead to me......

I had no clue how much eBay seller fees had increased, I found out the hard way, eBay is now dead to me......

I only buy from Ebay now and stopped selling after my Ebay monthly invoice came which I did not know of. Not only does Ebay take a small percentage from each auction that ends, they screw you again with a huge monthly percentage of your total sales. Nice. If I remember correctly, their total take was close to 15%. Again nice.

After that monthly fee garbage, I stopped selling and kept my toys and collection in storage in the garage. If only there is an alternative to Ebay or another just like it. Hmmmm...

I only buy from Ebay now and stopped selling after my Ebay monthly invoice came which I did not know of. Not only does Ebay take a small percentage from each auction that ends, they screw you again with a huge monthly percentage of your total sales. Nice. If I remember correctly, their total take was close to 15% of my monthly sales. Again nice.

After that monthly fee garbage, I stopped selling and kept my toys and collection in storage in the garage. If only there is an alternative to Ebay or another just like it. Hmmmm...

Oh, yeah. It adds up and quick. Before you know it, you've lost all of your profit. You really have to jack up the price now to compensate fro the all of the miscellaneous fees that you incur. It's really something. Makes me think twice before I list anything, especially when it comes to determining my sale price.

Wow...the Koto Spidey is starting to sell for tall $$$ on the bay. I'm seeing prices for over $600 on sealed/unopened pieces and around $500 for displayed ones. I am so glad I'm not trying to hunt one of these down in the aftermarket.

This just goes to show what a great job Sosa did on this sculpt. Obviously, a lot of Spidey fans are willing to pay top $$$ for this amazing statue.

Wow...the Koto Spidey is starting to sell for tall $$$ on the bay. I'm seeing prices for over $600 on sealed/unopened pieces and around $500 for displayed ones. I am so glad I'm not trying to hunt one of these down in the aftermarket.

This just goes to show what a great job Sosa did on this sculpt. Obviously, a lot of Spidey fans are willing to pay top $$$ for this amazing statue.

They re-released the Jim Lee Batman 3 times so i'm hoping this gets another release. I'm sure they will do a black costume version regardless.

They re-released the Jim Lee Batman 3 times so i'm hoping this gets another release. I'm sure they will do a black costume version regardless.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't own the Lee Bats), but those were plastic statues that didn't have any kind of edition size to them. The Koto Spidey doesn't fall into that category. This was released with an ES of 1900 and is made of cold cast porcelain. That's a major difference between the 2 pieces.

Also, a Koto Rep (Gonk) stated that the fine art statue line won't be reissued. I clearly remember when Koto found a few Fine Art Magneto statues in their inventory (after they were sold out everywhere and ebay prices were high) and sold them for retail, many collectors were crying foul. They were *****ing on the forums that they were reissued pieces and Koto was trying to cash in. Gronk was kind enough to address the issues head on. He stated that there were only a very few pieces found in inventory and that they were all a part of the original run. He then went on to say that the Fine Arts line will not be reissued.

That doesn't mean a reissue on Spidey won't happen. I have seen a corporations need for profit outweigh any promises made. However, Gonk has put his neck out on the line saying that reissues in the Fine Arts line aren't going to happen. I haven't seen any reason to doubt him...yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't own the Lee Bats), but those were plastic statues that didn't have any kind of edition size to them. The Koto Spidey doesn't fall into that category. This was released with an ES of 1900 and is made of cold cast porcelain. That's a major difference between the 2 pieces.

Also, a Koto Rep (Gonk) stated that the fine art statue line won't be reissued. I clearly remember when Koto found a few Fine Art Magneto statues in their inventory (after they were sold out everywhere and ebay prices were high) and sold them for retail, many collectors were crying foul. They were *****ing on the forums that they were reissued pieces and Koto was trying to cash in. Gronk was kind enough to address the issues head on. He stated that there were only a very few pieces found in inventory and that they were all a part of the original run. He then went on to say that the Fine Arts line will not be reissued.

That doesn't mean a reissue on Spidey won't happen. I have seen a corporations need for profit outweigh any promises made. However, Gonk has put his neck out on the line saying that reissues in the Fine Arts line aren't going to happen. I haven't seen any reason to doubt him...yet.

Yeah Bats is vinyl. And I was issued one of those leftover Magnetos.

Those are BIN prices. I sold mine for a little over 300 but have seen it go for as high as 400.

Don't judge me I needed the Comic Thor PF!!!!! :)

Those are BIN prices. I sold mine for a little over 300 but have seen it go for as high as 400.

The last 2 that sold at auction (Dec 17th & 18th) were for $450 and $462.75 shipped. This is an upward trending piece right now. With some of those ridiculous BIN prices that have already sold, this piece shows no sign of slowing down soon.

I can't judge. As much as I like this Spidey, I am considering selling mine as well. There are a couple things I want just a little more right now. But I haven't pulled the trigger and listed him anywhere yet.

I can't judge. As much as I like this Spidey, I am considering selling mine as well. There are a couple things I want just a little more right now. But I haven't pulled the trigger and listed him anywhere yet.

Holy crap! I just snagged another one for 210 after taxes from my LCS. Going to try and trade it for Koto Modern Thor or just keep it. I'm getting the new Spidey Comi so I'm on the fence.

That's correct. The ArtFX line is vinyl and unnumbered, and sometimes they re-release them based on demand. But the Fine Arts are polystone and have an ES, and none of them have been re-released. They haven't even done variants of the Fine Arts, even in cases where you'd expect them to (like converting X-Force Archangel into traditional Archangel).

I lucked up and got a Colossus for a little above retail on EvilBay. Hopefully I can get a Sagat from PCS like that, but I won't hold my breath.

Back