Kotobukiya Iron Man Movie Statue *Pics*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys please I desperately need some advise.

First up apologies if this is now classed as a dead thread, and I'm resurectting - if anyone can tell me how to start a new post I'll be glad to! here's what my situation is.

I've got a Bowen Captain America FS for sale (Modern Version; original, not the newer classic release).

Now I've also ordered the Koto Iron Man statue, that should be arriving Monday.

But I got an offer from a guy that sells statues and he's asked that I exchange my Bowen Captain America, with his Iron Man Electroplated (Diamond Select). You can find out more about the Electroplated Iron Man from this Statue Forums thread:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=51739&highlight=chrome+iron

So I've got 3 questions:

Should I swap my Bowen Cap with the EP Iron Man, and simply return the Koto Iron Man when it arrives

How does the Koto Iron Man compare with the Diamond Select EP Iron Man

How rare are the Bowen Cap FS these days. Personally I consider it the second best cap (behind the SideShow PF EX). Am I grossly over-rating this statue? Because I think it's worth more than the Diamond Select EP Iron Man

Please advise guys, I'd really appreciate any helpful replies :)

Koto's IM MkV (6) Gonk's pics of statueforum

6fdda7cc.jpg

e157d29d.jpg

99b98486.jpg

6d69c038.jpg

Mk 3 and 6
f00cdaf0.jpg

Koto's Mk3, Mk4 and Mk6
xpx54k.jpg

Last edited:
Both the mkiv and mkV look great, but I could only get one.

It does look like they suffer from being slightly too thin. Kinda like the Hot Toys figures from the first movie. Not too big a distraction for me though.

It's a pity the statue with the best pose and possibly the best paint is a PVC ARTFX statue :(

Upcoming MK VI: The paint job seems pretty good but I don't like the kechup-like color or the grey areas that don't seem to match with the rest of the statue. I do like the painting of his helmet and detailing of the other areas. The central light does not look like it has depth like the other statues. The pose does not look dynamic or heroic, more questioning. I like the older statues more.

Mk IV (4) being PVC... Mk VI (6) being polystone.... Mk V not yet revealed... but WarMachine is a PVC like Mk IV (cheaper).

nytf_pamphlet_13.jpg

too bad the production pieces were so dark..

Exactly! Mine in particular had a pretty poor paint job. The black was dripping slightly from the mouth area and the gold part of the right leg didn't even have the line on the upper part of the thigh. The paint overall looks kind of 'greasy' to me and I don't think the statue feels layered enough.

Exactly! Mine in particular had a pretty poor paint job. The black was dripping slightly from the mouth area and the gold part of the right leg didn't even have the line on the upper part of the thigh. The paint overall looks kind of 'greasy' to me and I don't think the statue feels layered enough.

whoa, that sounds bad :( got any pics? I was thinking of picking him up but that doesn't sounds good.

Just to point out. Mark IV and WarMachine are the (sligltly) cheaper PVC ARTFX..... Mk 3 and 6 are the more expensive polystone... So, has the Mk 6 retail price been revealed?

Just to point out. Mark IV and WarMachine are the (sligltly) cheaper PVC ARTFX..... Mk 3 and 6 are the more expensive polystone... So, has the Mk 6 retail price been revealed?

Mark VI is $175, same as the original. And I thought they were porcelain, not polystone.

Love the Mark IV statue. The VI is growing on me, I really like the triangle arc reactor.

JB

Really pumped for these statues.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tJRP8ss5KR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tJRP8ss5KR0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My local collectible store will have these for sale.
WOOT !

Back