Kotobukiya Fine Art line (Avengers 1/10 Art Fx - Pg 38)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kotobukiya Fine Art line

I have it. I can never choose just one but it might be my favorite statue in my collection. But it's gonna be displayed separately with my other X-Men PFs.

But for the LSBs I like using smaller scales so I was looking at the Koto. In pics it looks better than the Bowen and it costs less. Plus I like the light up feature. But I don't need bad paint.

Any word on the size of the Magneto?? Didn't see it mentioned on the BBT site like it did for Spidey

Any word on the size of the Magneto?? Didn't see it mentioned on the BBT site like it did for Spidey

Never mind, I feel like an idiot. Noticed the title of the page says "Magneto 1/6 Scale Fine Art Statue" :lol:rotfl

Yeah, I actually saw the Gambit at my local comic shop on Monday and it was pretty bad. Let's hope they don't make those mistakes with Mags, Spidey, and Venom. Cause if there's no issues with them, they'll be pretty sick.

really? ive got the gambit and colossus, and both paint apps have been perfect for me. i thought they were fixing the paint issues. maybe it was just a bad one?

really? ive got the gambit and colossus, and both paint apps have been perfect for me. i thought they were fixing the paint issues. maybe it was just a bad one?
It could be a case of "some good, some bad", but these photo's put me off the Koto Gambit. Does yours look like this?

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The Koto Colossus looks way nicer.

22.jpg

01.jpg

I really want the Mag & Spidey to be nice. The Koto Mag pose is my fav that I've seen of that character, in statue form. & the Koto Spidey, is classic Spidey. Dynamic pose.

The Koto Mag pose is my fav that I've seen of that character, in statue form. & the Koto Spidey, is classic Spidey. Dynamic pose.

Yeah, they both look great. I wanna see some in-hand pics before deciding, though.

It could be a case of "some good, some bad", but these photo's put me off the Koto Gambit. Does yours look like this?

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The Koto Colossus looks way nicer.

22.jpg

01.jpg

I really want the Mag & Spidey to be nice. The Koto Mag pose is my fav that I've seen of that character, in statue form. & the Koto Spidey, is classic Spidey. Dynamic pose.

nope. not at all. the five oclock shadow is less defined on mine, and blends in better with the face. the mask edges are clean on mine, as well as the eyebrows. the colossus looks pretty close to mine, the only thing being the suit on mine looks like its less gloss. the thing ive noticed with koto is that - their release pictures dont always mimic the final product accurately, and the dont take the best photo's on top of it. seems like sideshow and hot toys actually take some time to light, and put a little production into their photos. koto doesnt. and its unfortunate they dont take the extra time to sell themselves a little better, but ive been happy with my purchases.

That's good to hear. Don't want such nice sculpts to be wasted by amateur paint application. But I'm still waiting for 'in hand' pics :lol I've pre ordered from BBTS, so maybe some 'in hand' pics will surface before they get their stock, so I can make a more informative decision :D

I've seen the Gambit in person... been tempted but I don't really need too many Gambit pieces. I have the LSB coming in a few days and I already have the PF so that should be suffice. With that said though, I am interested in seeing what Bowen releases this phase.

That Spidey looks pretty cool. Any price point yet?

So you tell us, & then don't provide a link? :nono

Well, I just pre-ordered Spider-Man from Most Wanted Collectibles :)

Ugh I kind of want this but I just sold off my Koto line. Gorgeous thought, grats on all that are getting it.

Ugh I kind of want this but I just sold off my Koto line. Gorgeous thought, grats on all that are getting it.

May I ask why did you sold it? I think I'm going to get into the line.... so any advices would be nice

Did you have Dr.Doom statue? what's your thought about it?

Thx!

Back