Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They quite obviously relied on drybrushing with this. Not that I'm necessarily surprised; using an airbrush or taking more time to fade the colors on all those ridges in such a small scale is too much to ask.

Then again, it's about the size of a NECA, looks like a NECA, yet costs four times as much. Easy pass on this once promising line.
I really really hope that the big chap turns out well. It looks so good in the promo pictures I hope it gets close to that atleast.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

At $70, these will be an easy pass for me as well if they all turn out like that picture. I had high expectations for these, so l hope that one is a bootleg or factory error. The videos I've seen of the prototype look great!

They quite obviously relied on drybrushing with this. Not that I'm necessarily surprised; using an airbrush or taking more time to fade the colors on all those ridges in such a small scale is too much to ask.

Then again, it's about the size of a NECA, looks like a NECA, yet costs four times as much. Easy pass on this once promising line.

Yeah but it cost 3 times more than neca...in the case of the big chap, 4 times more...it should be any difference. In Spain a neca figure in that scale is more or less 25€, the koto big chap 100€ (aprox the same than the 1/4 neca's alien figure). Kotobukiya works in that scales and I have never seen a bad paint job in their figures, at least not as this warrior...may be also is the photo that is not well focused (because of that scale)...

In that video also you can see the paint job and even as in neca figures, it is like if you have two pieces instead of one, in the head. If you look at the end of the video, you will see that the doom is diveded and I would say also the whole head...
The protos seem made in one piece and the paint job very much better applied...waiting for more videos but this one doesn't make me feel that I have to bought this...I afraid for the big chap also after seeing this...
It says prepainted model kit...that means it is not the final product?

https://youtu.be/FwFU2jhxKTo

The casting quality and paint job is actually far worse than the Neca's 7'' Aliens warrior.
Now don't bother this series anymore.

wow, paint really sucks there. also it looks like inspired by McFarlane alien 2 paint. (i mean pattern, scratches. had them for a long time, and that's what i remember about them)

It says prepainted model kit...that means it is not the final product?
no, it means you have to assemble it.
old HT predators (and may be aliens, never had one of those first) were "model kits" too. you had to assemble the body, put the net and armor on. they stopped being "kits" only since P1.

Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit - Hot Toys - SideshowCollectibles.com

Predator 2
Poseable Model Kit by Hot Toys
1:6 Scale

wow, paint really sucks there. also it looks like inspired by McFarlane alien 2 paint. (i mean pattern, scratches. had them for a long time, and that's what i remember about them)

no, it means you have to assemble it.
old HT predators (and may be aliens, never had one of those first) were "model kits" too. you had to assemble the body, put the net and armor on. they stopped being "kits" only since P1.

Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit - Hot Toys - SideshowCollectibles.com

Thanks for the explanation!

That's a pity with this line if it turns like that..I wanted to buy all the 3: big chap, warrior and dog.

Thanks again...I'll wait until 26 april to see what to do...neca is really doing a good job with alien and may be I have to give them a chance...

Which other alternatives I have if I want the best representations of the creature? (quality-price of course).

Now I have the big chap lsb, the medicom alien, the neca alien queen, powerloader, ripley from neca, eggs and facehuggers.

the 1/4 big chap and I wanted the 1/4 warrior and 1/4 dog. But as we don't know yet if we will have an 1/4 dog, I doubted between neca or kotobukiya...

Paint looks bad. Seam on the middle of the dome. Was looking forward to this but now I'm gonna cancel my PO.

12963674_200978006953473_5159897820873709853_n.jpg

12961545_200978023620138_5816606535047985993_n.jpg

Yikes, I'm stumped now, I love their Big chap pose and sculpt, given the way he's made with the translucent dome, he'll be hard to fix up. Might have to wait for in hand pictures and hope it's still available...

Wow it looks like that head could have been taken off of one of necas alien warriors with that seam and paint. I was hoping the high cost meant that it would get a good paint job...

Edit: Im really not exaggerating
4d8dfe5048b1cc2f419c743f4d204e8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

All my hopes are now on neca and ht for the 26th...bye bye kotobukiya...it makes me feel angry because try to sell us a neca figure (actually, worse rhan a neca figure I find) for 3 times it's price and at the same scale...we are not fools kotobukiya...

they should declare somebody fired for letting those photos go online and repaint it to the prototype level.

Exactely! Because if I receive this after seeing the protype and after paying 70 usd...I would feel so angry...

Is the Koto Big Chap out yet, is there any reviews out ? I can not see any. I am looking for the Koto Big Chap too.

Back