Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least 'Dragon' is the name given to the Alien by characters in a movie.
by one character. crazy one. right?
"called by characters" was in AVP, where those stolen pumpkinheads were officially called "serpents" by characters :lol

silicone ice tray, eating sticks... just check ebay for "kotobukiya alien".

I wouldn't mind that. Could also be the mini figures.

KOT11465.jpg

damnit! i put money to my bank account, came home where the page is not blocked... and that kotobukiya 2-pack is out of stock.

Guys I know it is a little bit off topic but do you think Kotobukiya will have the Predator license again? I would like to buy a Jungle hunter and the rest of the preds from them.

Put mine together tonight, I will echo everyone else by saying it really is a great little statue - fantastic sculpt, just nails the proportions of Gigers Alien - so good!

Feels like the base is too big though... Seeing as they gave us a heap of those bases I will cut one or two down to a smaller size. A circle perhaps, or something a bit more geometrically interesting like a pentagon or hexagon. The exposed grate edges after cut should look nice, maybe melt them like an acid burn.

And for the record I have the Warrior too, really nice sculpt, just a pity they went with a blue paint job instead of the prop colours. I have it stuck to a lamp vertically with the magnets like it's crawling up the wall and it looks fantastic.

Design fail on the light. You have to take it off the base to turn it on and off.

i don't attach it to the base, because it just doesn't work that way (in terms of good result). it should be put on a distance to do what it should do: menacingly blink, leaving the figure almost in the dark.

=============

bought a third one :(
now i will be able either to put one everywhere i sit or do this:

Kotobukiya_Alien_3%20sides_zpswiddnqch.jpg~original

Big Chap and Alien Warrior (flash sale two-pack) arrived today. As P. predicted, the bonus was both a set of Big Chap chopsticks and an egg ice tray.

Warrior is not as bad in person. Still nothing special, but passable. Big Chap is beautiful for the size. Having that said, I'm not blown away by either of the two and the reason is size. This scale just doesn't do it for me. Might actually let them go along with the bonuses as I'm feeling too much buyer's remorse with these things. If Koto releases a 1/6 (or at least 12" tall) Big Chap, I would purchase in a heartbeat. But that's the minimum size for me.

meanwhile i purchased a fourth one because this scale is my favourite, and this quality is far better than HT...
edit: i would congratulate you with receiving this beauty if you sounded at least a little happy. but it sounds like you aren't.

Last edited:
If I were into this scale, I'd be through the roof. Big Chap is a lovely little piece and I'm very impressed with the detail they were able to cram into such a small size.

But... the size... :monkey2 Quite possibly the greatest tragedy I've ever encountered as an Alien collector.

yeah i get it. it's like me and Neca 1/4 turtles. so beautiful, but so not my scale. i didn't even buy them, you at least got an alien for you.

Sold my 1/4 NECA Warrior actually. :lol I'm not sure if it was too big in general, or simply too big for NECA to produce without issues. Very unwieldy figure. Beautiful, but haphazard. Too much weight and only cheap, thin plastic to support it.

...if you didn't purchase that two-pack, i'd do that, and i'd now have A2 figure and be obliged to buy A3.
now here you don't like it and won't buy what i would - Kotobukiya lost one sale because of you :lol

Back