Kong: Skull Island <<SPOILERS>>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kong: Skull Island

All the creatures look pretty cool. I'm excited. Seems like a very light hearted romp though. But I like John C Reily so it's cool :lol

Seeing John C Reily show up was cool.

I wonder what the final act of the movie will be - I can't see them going to New York.

Seeing John C Reily show up was cool.

I wonder what the final act of the movie will be - I can't see them going to New York.

Yeah, personally I really hope they don't go. I don't think they will because if I remember, when they first announced it, they made it clear this was about the island and not the traditional Kong story.

Plus this Kong needs to stay alive so he can fight Godzilla :lecture

That chest pound at the end is faaaaaaantastic. I really like the look of Kong in this. It reminds me a lot of the original stop motion puppet. :rock

Yeah, this one is just a stepping stone to set up the match against Godzilla.
I would certainly hope that this movie does well because I want the versus movie to kick ass.

It reminds me so much of a film I'd swear is only about 5 years old, I think it was called King Kong, the guy who did the Lord of the Rings films made it.

I really dig John C. Reilly kind of channeling Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now. The whole movie looks awesome, really. Dig the '70s setting, dig the cast, and Kong, himself, looks fantastic; I'm excited to see this. It should be pretty cool seeing him go toe to toe with Godzilla, too.

It reminds me so much of a film I'd swear is only about 5 years old, I think it was called King Kong, the guy who did the Lord of the Rings films made it.

Except that Gorilla looked way better, like a real Gorilla with a large head. This new Kong looks like a hairy Schlitzie.

hGzFZW5.jpg

Except that Gorilla looked way better, like a real Gorilla with a large head. This new Kong looks like a hairy Schlitzie.

I remember them saying they wanted to keep Kong to a more relatable* size or something to that effect, suggesting that if he were too big it would be more difficult to believe anyone could develop a connection with him or he with them. I guess that went out the window this time when they want to set him up against Godzilla.

*why the **** am I getting a spellcheck notice for 'relatable'? Since when is that not a real word?

I remember them saying they wanted to keep Kong to a more relatable* size or something to that effect, suggesting that if he were too big it would be more difficult to believe anyone could develop a connection with him or he with them. I guess that went out the window this time when they want to set him up against Godzilla.

*why the **** am I getting a spellcheck notice for 'relatable'? Since when is that not a real word?

Yeah I think that was before the merger and the shared universe.

I'm surprised the Marvel section hasn't found this thread yet. :lol

Everyone is tired of waiting for Thanos so they went for Kong :lol

Kind of puts the kibosh on that whole Empire State Building Thing when you're just as big.:lol Kong just jumps up and locks his legs around it like it's a stripper pole and the whole building cracks in half.:lol

Back