kojima productions x 3A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only news is that we'll see the new proto at SDCC, maybe some more info.

honestly cant wait. i cant believe its almost been 3 years since we 1st heard of this!

Desperately awaiting pics of this beast! And yeah, almost three years since it's inital announcement - but as a collector of 3A toys since that time, I know REX will stun come showtime. Last quote from Ash last week on REX, though, was "EPIC, ****ING EPIC!"

SDCC can't get here soon enough. There's actually a lot of products this year that I'm waiting to hear about or see.

Just found these...

df23dfea.jpg

db7d3da6.jpg

58b254d1.jpg
de3bffbd.jpg

It's a custom resin kit that this guy modified to allow articulation. Scale is 1/72 but I'm not sure what the actual dimensions are. Pretty freaking sick though! I'll bet the 3A REX will make this one it's _____ - but this is one of the best REX models I've seen to date. Here is the link for more pics: https://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?/topic/36437-172-metal-gear-solid-rex-resin-custom-build/

Just found these...
It's a custom resin kit that this guy modified to allow articulation. Scale is 1/72 but I'm not sure what the actual dimensions are. Pretty freaking sick though! I'll bet the 3A REX will make this one it's _____ - but this is one of the best REX models I've seen to date. Here is the link for more pics: https://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?/topic/36437-172-metal-gear-solid-rex-resin-custom-build/

I can fit 1/72 pilot figure from other aircraft model kit in the cockpit. So, I'm pretty sure the scale is accurate.
It's about 6" tall X 7" wide X 9" deep. It's about the volume of Hasbro Avatar AMP figure ( maybe a little smaller).
3A Rex is about 2-3 times bigger, i belive. But it's MGS4 damaged version, so this (the resin kit) would be the only MGS1 version REX available for a while except for the paper-craft one...:gah:

https://www.threeaonline.com/blog/?p=1820

The wait is nearly over, soon we will be offering Metal Gear REX, from the epic game series METAL GEAR SOLID. It goes without saying we are very proud to work with Team Kojima and Konami to bring a large size REX toy to the world! Check out some photos of the prototype ( sans legs, due to a typhoon yesterday, a fully made up REX wasn’t available for shots ), the full reveal is coming, with all the details! And don’t forget , Metal Gear RAY is not far behind!

Solid Snake: “I had heard that the Metal Gear project was scrapped.”
Donald Anderson: “On the contrary, it’s grown into a huge joint project between ArmsTech and [DARPA]. We were going to use this exercise as raw data and then proceed to mass production.”

r1.jpg

It's about 6" tall X 7" wide X 9" deep. It's about the volume of Hasbro Avatar AMP figure ( maybe a little smaller).
3A Rex is about 2-3 times bigger, :

I think it's a nice size to have on the table (as Otacon had in MGS4 - and fully posable, i wish i had one :gah:)
As much as i like what 3A is showing - with the size of it i just have nowhere to put it, so a pass for me T^T

Back