Kodiak3D's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primed the head for my Dodonna custom a few minutes ago. The paint job on it was just TOO pale. I always get nervous when I decide to repaint a head. I've done it twice to my satisfaction (Tarkin and Dooku), but I'm still afraid of making a critical mistake and having to get another head.

Wish me luck.

Good luck to you. I'm also in the process of making a Dodonna but I think I'll leave the head as is. Painting skin terrifies me. haha
Did you end up going with Dragon or Sideshow on the Lee?

Dragon. To me, it looks more like Dodonna. I'm trying to decide about his hair as well. It's kinda "wispy" on the sides. It stands out a bit, but it looks like Dodonna's hair really was like that as well during the Battle of Yavin (not during the briefing or ceremony, however). I thought about cutting it off, but I'll probably leave it. I'm nervous enough about painting it. Re-sculpting...no thank you.

It really is shocking how much alike Robert E. Lee and Dodonna look. I kinda wonder if that was intentional. Both were rebel generals.

Spud, if you want to look at it, here's a great tutorial I found about painting skin (you've probably seen it, but if not, it's very useful):
Greggo's customs and paint work: Greggo's Painting Tutorial

Primed the head for my Dodonna custom a few minutes ago. The paint job on it was just TOO pale. I always get nervous when I decide to repaint a head. I've done it twice to my satisfaction (Tarkin and Dooku), but I'm still afraid of making a critical mistake and having to get another head.

Wish me luck.

Good luck and.........
Wandtattoo-May-the-force-be-with-you-einzel-web.jpg

Nice. Yeah I went with Sideshow, 1. because I could find it, and 2. because I think it will match closely to the par of Antilles as I think they where made around the same time. And I'm too chicken to alter it at all. haha I will however repaint the beard and hair to match Dodonna better. I've got everything I'm just waiting on my other Antilles to come in.

I'm also getting a robe made for him to match the one he wore during the ceremony at the end of ANH.

Yeah, I'd like to get a robe to go with mine as well. Something further down the road.

His hair does need to be repainted. He definitely has some patches of darker color around his chin, mustache, and eyebrows.

Yeah I figure a few washes will give its some better depth for sure.
I've heard from a little birdie that the robes with be available through TA in the near future. ;)

I'll keep my eyes open for them, but if you think of it, let me know when they are available (in case I miss them). I definitely want to get one.

Thanks, Chaka. I've still got some work to do on her, and I'm dreading it. Gluing that hair into place also makes me nervous.

Wanted to add a couple new pics. Here's Leia with the rest of the Endor team:
troops5.jpg

Dodonna with a Rebel Honor Guard
troops9.jpg

And General Veers-kinda with some other Imperials:
troops3.jpg

Back