Kitbashes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niltusk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Besides SSC recycled parts, what brands do you look for the most when customizing or kitbashing characters? I take it Soldier Story is pretty popular for pieces, but what about brands like Toys City? Does their gear look good mixed in with SSC Joe gear?

I like toys city. Playhouse is good too.

Thank You! Very cool, I hadn't really remembered anyone mentioning them before, I didn't want to order gear and then have it look hinky mixed in with my Joes gear.

Anything i can find that's not garbage quality TBH.

My Shock trooper so far is a hodge-podge of parts. Some sideshow, some hot toys, some BBI, some dragon, etc.

speaking of which... i need to get him a body.

Good to know, I thought I'd read awhile back that some brand had very small weapons, but I couldn't find the post, so I wanted to see what others thought before I started going gear crazy. :lol

Besides SSC recycled parts, what brands do you look for the most when customizing or kitbashing characters? I take it Soldier Story is pretty popular for pieces, but what about brands like Toys City? Does their gear look good mixed in with SSC Joe gear?

I really like the Toys City weapons especially.

Soldier story, DAM, Hot Toys (for some stuff), then it comes down to a piece by piece if its good or not from other companies for me.

Good to know, I thought I'd read awhile back that some brand had very small weapons, but I couldn't find the post, so I wanted to see what others thought before I started going gear crazy. :lol

Hot Toys can have small slightly underscaled weapons (their AKs) and their older stuff can be oversized. Their MP5 for instance which was reused on the recent Resident Evil Alice is oversized.

Dragon weapons are more accurate in scale but a bit under detailed and need to be painted.

Playhouse weapons I've heard aren't totally up to par with other manufactures, I've avoided them.

Soldier Story and Toys City (also known as Merit) are some of the best.

I don't own any DAM weapons but their field gear and cloth boots are some of the best out there.

Good stuff. Basically expands my ability to acquire gear quite a bit. Thanks everyone :wave

Back