Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email to BBTS to see if they will be offering POs for these in the near future....I have a couple Kings Arts pieces on PO already. Hope they bring these pieces in - Need that mark 43 and HB!!! :)

I hope the King Arts Civil War Cap has fabric clothing like HT. Let's see how they pull it off in 1/9 scale.
King Arts Cap.

11150284_991724874193511_694016340515107952_n.jpg

KA Hulkbuster wants a KA Hulk .....

At nearly $480US right now, what do you guys think about it's pricing?

I want to know what percentage of it is really diecast, but if it's mostly diecast, then the KA Hulkbuster being a little over half the price of the HT, I think the price is pretty good in comparison.

At nearly $480US right now, what do you guys think about it's pricing?

I want to know what percentage of it is really diecast, but if it's mostly diecast, then the KA Hulkbuster being a little over half the price of the HT, I think the price is pretty good in comparison.
The price is great when you think about it. I'm going to guess that they're not going to cheap out on the Diecast parts the way HT does and it'll have a good chunk of it. It's also about 16" tall so it'll still look great on the shelf with 1/6 figure. Might even be head to head with the 1/6 Hulk. Articulation also looks better than Hot Toys.

Great alternative to spending $900+ for Hot Toys and this one is probably the one I'll go with. Will be easier to sell off in the future as well if you ever need too.

I just BBTS sells it.

Response I got back from BBTS concerning the King Arts Mark 43 and Hulkbuster a moment ago!

"Thank you for bringing these to our attention, as you probably already know we do carry King Arts products. Hopefully we will be receiving the solicit for these soon and our Product Team will get the preorder posted as soon as possible. Quite amazing detail if the finished product matches the review!"

So keep your eyes peeled! I'm in for purchasing these when they become available.

I'm sure Bbts will be charging more than $480 ... for that reason I'll be happy to blow my reward points on the Hot Toys version to bring it to $500-something when the time comes.

The price is great when you think about it. I'm going to guess that they're not going to cheap out on the Diecast parts the way HT does and it'll have a good chunk of it. It's also about 16" tall so it'll still look great on the shelf with 1/6 figure. Might even be head to head with the 1/6 Hulk. Articulation also looks better than Hot Toys.

Great alternative to spending $900+ for Hot Toys and this one is probably the one I'll go with. Will be easier to sell off in the future as well if you ever need too.
I'm a bit picky, so I might not display it with my HT Avengers, but you're right about it being a great alternative to the HT figure. I still want the HT Hulkbuster to go with my HT Hulk though.
Response I got back from BBTS concerning the King Arts Mark 43 and Hulkbuster a moment ago!

"Thank you for bringing these to our attention, as you probably already know we do carry King Arts products. Hopefully we will be receiving the solicit for these soon and our Product Team will get the preorder posted as soon as possible. Quite amazing detail if the finished product matches the review!"

So keep your eyes peeled! I'm in for purchasing these when they become available.
I might place a back up pre order there. I'm guessing it might be between $500-$600 there though, maybe even more.

Edit: Yeah Lexi. I think BBTS might charge more.

I'm sure Bbts will be charging more than $480 ... for that reason I'll be happy to blow my reward points on the Hot Toys version to bring it to $500-something when the time comes.

I'm sure BBTS will charge more. The $480 is probably a price if you pick up direct from King Arts in Hong Kong. BBTS will upcharge to earn their own profits plus shipping as well. Considering the Ultron is $285, I would guess at least $600 at this point for Hulkbuster.

Posted by Budget Stark. He has a thread for this video.

That price :yess:

Not sure why you're celebrating the price. That is definitely not what BBTS will be selling it for. I still believe we'll see this sold for roughly $575, if not more. Which still makes me wonder why not spend the extra $250 and get the 1/6 scale.

I do understand this is a cheaper alternative. I get that. But if you're going to fork over nearly $600, why not go the extra mile and get something that will be an accurate scale to the rest of your 1/6 collectibles.

If it's 500 range that's not bad for what it is. Still need to add 150ish for the 43. Which puts its right in line with the 1/6 from hot toys. But if space is an issue or you plan to get the 43 (or other 1/9 figures) it's a cool figure. If your criteria for comparison is the hot toys HB then I prefer the ht. but when compared or judge on its own or to just about any other company offering this thing is a winner. I like it.

It's not one I will buy. I prefer the 1/6 and I prefer hot toys. But it's great to have options for people.

I never planned on buying the Hot Toys, but this figure looks like a pretty good contender with the figuarts. While, appreciate the opening chest gimmick, I'm not sure how many times I would stick the mark 43 in there. Still, I might get the figuarts for regular posing and (fun factor) and maybe the KA for high end display.

Not sure why you're celebrating the price. That is definitely not what BBTS will be selling it for. I still believe we'll see this sold for roughly $575, if not more. Which still makes me wonder why not spend the extra $250 and get the 1/6 scale.

I do understand this is a cheaper alternative. I get that. But if you're going to fork over nearly $600, why not go the extra mile and get something that will be an accurate scale to the rest of your 1/6 collectibles.
I explained part of my reasoning earlier in the thread, with this post:
Not sure what my real limit is, but the number I have in mind right now is $700 shipped at max, & that's only if I can find a nice asian seller who will value it appropriately for shipping purposes
biggrin.gif

I know my "max" limit seems kinda close to HT Hulkbuster pricing, but I usually get my HT figures from Sideshow (I like their flexi pay option, reward points, & customer service), & they usually value it at full value, which might mean around another $300 on top of the $824.99 price tag, if I were to factor in shipping & possible import fee's.

So it's kinda like a KA $700 vs a HT $1100, in that imaginary scenario. Which makes it not really as close as one might think initially.
Maybe even better, it might be even cheaper than my $700 shipped estimate. I'm thinking it might be as low as under $600 shipped (or even less) if I find the right seller in Asia. So KA $600 vs HT $1100 might be a rough estimate of actual money leaving my pocket. Anyway, KA priced theirs nicely enough so I might be able to get both KA & HT :yess:
I never planned on buying the Hot Toys, but this figure looks like a pretty good contender with the figuarts. While, appreciate the opening chest gimmick, I'm not sure how many times I would stick the mark 43 in there. Still, I might get the figuarts for regular posing and (fun factor) and maybe the KA for high end display.
I wanted the Bandai Hulkbuster, but it seems to be barely diecast, & $300 or something? Price is even more ridiculous on BBTS.

I'm actually thinking the KA will be the one I'd enjoy handling, on my desk, while the HT hangs on the shelf with his 1/6 buddies.
If it's 500 range that's not bad for what it is. Still need to add 150ish for the 43. Which puts its right in line with the 1/6 from hot toys.
I didn't factor in the cost of the MkXLIII :slap

I need that for the display I want.

That would essentially be 2 whole figures though, so not overly fair to add it to the price comparison, seeing as the KA Hulkbuster can still be a stand alone figure.

How's the scale look to you now? Better? You can see how the MkXLIII looks actually in the Hulkbuster on Budget Starks video thumbnail. Sometimes it takes me reading other opinions to notice different things on a figure.

I'm a fan of the design and the fact that the King Arts allows a 1/9 scale Mark 43 to fit inside....plus more diecast. If I can swing this and the 1/6 scale flex pay that would be great. If not, I'll run with the 1/6 HT version.

You know what Tony Stark would say?

9DEA1329-FB65-4989-8FD2-FA14CA2E9EBD_zpsf95rxcug.jpg

I explained part of my reasoning earlier in the thread, with this post:

Maybe even better, it might be even cheaper than my $700 shipped estimate. I'm thinking it might be as low as under $600 shipped (or even less) if I find the right seller in Asia. So KA $600 vs HT $1100 might be a rough estimate of actual money leaving my pocket. Anyway, KA priced theirs nicely enough so I might be able to get both KA & HT :yess:

I wanted the Bandai Hulkbuster, but it seems to be barely diecast, & $300 or something? Price is even more ridiculous on BBTS.

I'm actually thinking the KA will be the one I'd enjoy handling, on my desk, while the HT hangs on the shelf with his 1/6 buddies.

I didn't factor in the cost of the MkXLIII :slap

I need that for the display I want.

That would essentially be 2 whole figures though, so not overly fair to add it to the price comparison, seeing as the KA Hulkbuster can still be a stand alone figure.

How's the scale look to you now? Better? You can see how the MkXLIII looks actually in the Hulkbuster on Budget Starks video thumbnail. Sometimes it takes me reading other opinions to notice different things on a figure.

Your right it is two figures, but to get the same look hot toys figure has you have to include both in the comparison.

As for the scale...no it's still off. But like I said, to have a full figure in the hulkbuster is HAS to be off. The way it was designed and the size it is it's anatomically impossible for a full suit to be in it without snapping Starks legs off. The shin bone in full scale is right around the waist area so if he moves the HB legs back it snaps his shin in half.

As for the scale on the KA...essentially the entire (except for the mid lower leg down) should fit inside the upper torso of the HB suit. And there should be twicw the 43 widths side to side. Like two 43 wide, but with him in the center making it half 1/2 extra space on each side. If that makes sense. Lol

It's closer then I first thought, but it's still not spot on. Nothin wrong with that as I said. It had to be done to work.

Back