Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my lord, where do you live in NYC??!! :lol That's a nice fireplace... :horror

Shield looks beautiful, and you don't have to worry about paint splash issues since it's BD! :clap Which strap is for the forearm and the hand?

Damn, looks better than I expected! Great purchase man! Congratulations, I bet it's going to look killer on display!

Looks great! I thought you went with the table-top version for some reason. My one complaint with the wall mount version is that wooden peg they have on top to help guide it.

Way too much battle damage. Why would you want a cap shield that doesnt even look like his shield 99% of the time?

Cause it looks cool, probably.

Not only that, but this shield design was used on promotional posters for the Winter Soldier.

captain-america-winter-soldier-poster.jpg

Chapter 2099 should get a copy of this poster.

I don't understand why there are black spray lines all over the place on it though. It would've looked better without them.

Not only that, but this shield design was used on promotional posters for the Winter Soldier.

captain-america-winter-soldier-poster.jpg

Chapter 2099 should get a copy of this poster.

Exactly. King Arts did a great job at this Battle Damaged Shield based on this movie poster.

I don't understand why there are black spray lines all over the place on it though. It would've looked better without them.

My guess is scoring from deflection of bullets and sharp edged weapons and heat transfer during high impact of the forementioned metal objects on the shield.

Chapter, congrats! That's a great display piece. I'm still fully satisfied with my KA Classic Pedestal. Every time I look at my shield, I keep knocking the metal shield with my knuckles just to remind myself of the metal shield sound :lol

Thanks for all the pics Chapter 2099! Looks awesome!

I'm surprised the BD wall mount came out before the Classic wall mount...but ok. Hopefully next month I guess!

Nice shield.
My gripes: I know it's accurate to that poster but I just don't get why nearly all of the red paint is chipped off but the blue is still near perfect. Also the sprayed on black line do not look that great.

I don't recall seeing a battle damaged or stealth shield in the movie though. I remember a shield with the paint removed which made it look like it had a blueish hue. Unless I'm mistaken.

You are correct.. mostly just on the posters (for the BD version). The stealth shield he used in the opening sequence of the movie.

I ended up canceling my PO for the BD version as the final look just isn't for me.. I'm not really a fan of all the black "scorching" marks. Probably would have kept it if it was more like the posters. Oh well, till the next set of shields..

Why would there be battle damage in the first place? Cap hasn't fought anything that can even scratch his shield yet.

Thanks for the kind words, all. :rock

To be honest, I'm VERY tempted to get the Classic pedestal version and interchange the two on display - between wall and pedestal. The quality exceeded my expectations. My only hesitation is do I go for it now or wait for another version (which I'm sure will be released based on the recent announcement.)

As for some of the comments:
- The black accents on the scratches stand out more with the flash - when I took the photos. It doesn't take away from the look in my opinion. And in person that don't stand out much, but at the same time, standout just enough that you don't 'overthink' it. It looks like it should be there is the only way I can describe it.

- As for the look, it wasn't featured in the movie, but I'm in love with the weathered look. Ever since I saw the teaser poster, I had to have it. It's almost more of the 'symbolism' for me. I'd arguably say that is this is the best Marvel Studios movie to date. So why not get a version that represents this particular movie? This is THE definitive "Winter Soldier" look, IMO - which sounds weird for a 'version' that wasn't in the movie - but for me, it was. (If that makes sense...) The nice thing is I'm sure King Arts will make more "Classic" looks and I'll have plenty of time to get those down the road - but that won't be the case for this, I'm willing to bet.

I can appreciate that some don't like it because it's definitely not for everyone. The initial pictures from King Arts a year ago-ish really did appeal to me, and in-hand, this didn't disappoint - the wait was worth it.

Last edited:
Here's my lenticular poster....The poster changes as you walk from left to right - you can see the 'weathered' look in there somewhere....

Congrats on a wonderful acquisition Chapter 2099; I like the BD version far more than I thought I would based on your pictures. My favorite part is the gouges/scratches in it.

Seals the deal I am all in for a classic KA shield from AoU or CW... If I have my way it will be the one that comes on that blue wall mount.

Congrats on a wonderful acquisition Chapter 2099; I like the BD version far more than I thought I would based on your pictures. My favorite part is the gouges/scratches in it.

Seals the deal I am all in for a classic KA shield from AoU or CW... If I have my way it will be the one that comes on that blue wall mount.

Thanks! :rock

That's kind of what I'm hoping/waiting for as well...still on the fence though. To wait or not to wait?

I'm committed to King Arts at this point. I can't comment on eFx because I don't own their shield, but after seeing the King Arts final product, I don't really care to look elsewhere. The shield looks and FEELS like quality, all around.

Back