Premium Format Killer Croc Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Croc is only 18.5 inches tall, so short. I am on the fence right now because of the price and the size. Anybody else feel like this should be bigger?
size comp..jpg

Croc is only 18.5 inches tall, so short. I am on the fence right now because of the price and the size. Anybody else feel like this should be bigger?
View attachment 286824

Not really. Batman is standing on a gargoyle, thus "watching over" any of the other ground-level pieces. He's designed to be the dominant centerpiece in the Batman line. If Batman was in more of a combative face-off pose, like the upcoming TDK PF, I'd agree that Croc should be bigger.

Seems the regular head (and overall look) is based on the Mattel 4 Horsemen design for Croc:

review_12killercroc_3.jpg

And the exclusive is more like the DCD statue, but a bit more realistic Croc rather than just snouted hybrid

DC%20Batman%20vs%20Killer%20Croc%20Statue%20Second%20Edition.jpg

I think the variant Croc from Mattel shows why the exclusive looks a little odd:

41M0QE0A32L._SX300_.jpg

He's missing a tail! Croc either seems to be humanoid faced and tail-less or snouted faced and tailed. Having a snouted head without a tail just feels a little off balance.

Nice thing is Croc's size has been all over the place so this could potentially even be used as a 1/6 Croc with a mutant sized rat :lol

Seems the regular head (and overall look) is based on the Mattel 4 Horsemen design for Croc:

review_12killercroc_3.jpg

And the exclusive is more like the DCD statue, but a bit more realistic Croc rather than just snouted hybrid

DC%20Batman%20vs%20Killer%20Croc%20Statue%20Second%20Edition.jpg

I think the variant Croc from Mattel shows why the exclusive looks a little odd:

41M0QE0A32L._SX300_.jpg

He's missing a tail! Croc either seems to be humanoid faced and tail-less or snouted faced and tailed. Having a snouted head without a tail just feels a little off balance.

Nice thing is Croc's size has been all over the place so this could potentially even be used as a 1/6 Croc with a mutant sized rat :lol

If you put that Mattel figure in front of me and asked me which character I thought it was, I'd immediately say Lizard from spider-man. Looks almost nothing like killer croc.

If you put that Mattel figure in front of me and asked me which character I thought it was, I'd immediately say Lizard from spider-man. Looks almost nothing like killer croc.

Just add a tail and white lab coat and you have a crossover PF

I personally prefer the REG head sculpt on the PF as well.

It's more than that, though. Pose, skin texture, musculature, etc. Everything about it is leagues beyond the other one, measured as pure art (as opposed to a big, unposable video game figure). The regular head is inspired, but no less than the rest of the statue.

Exclusive will be a swap out Doc Connors lab coat (cross corporation partnership!)

ordered...they got me with the f/s and double rewards

Everyone in the US is extremely lucky with these kinds of deals / incentives. My collection would probably be much larger if I didn't have to constantly factor in exchange rates, shipping, and customs to the base price of all statues offered by Sideshow..I think I used my points once to purchase a Play Arts Kai Hawkman and it was supposedly "free" with the points but after factoring in shipping and customs I think I paid the same as if I bought it off amazon in Canada or actually paid a bit more than if I just didn't use my points with SSC...

It's more than that, though. Pose, skin texture, musculature, etc. Everything about it is leagues beyond the other one, measured as pure art (as opposed to a big, unposable video game figure). The regular head is inspired, but no less than the rest of the statue.

I feel you. The entire PF does looks amazing. I personally think SSC has been on a tear overall recently. They are doing some real inspired work and this PF certainly didn't get the short end of the stick.

I pre-ordered this thing but, it kinda looks like the goomba from the super mario brothers movie. lmao
Goomba7-1.jpg

Back