Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received #116 today and she's magnificent.
The left arm was too loose, so after some thought I ended up superglueing it permanently.
I guess I'll need to modify the styrofoam to accommodate the arm when I pack her for a move.

UPS came today and made me a happy man :yess:

Attached are in hand pictures and she is simply stunning. The detail work in the sword guard and the armour is really good. The color of the bone and the detail is just brilliant which is why I'll be displaying her with her mask. Paint lines are clean and quality control seems good on the one I got.

I know there was some concern on the hair line for the unmasked sculpt and it's not near as pronounced as other photos I've seen - I would say it's very good (but not 100% perfect).

As you can see there is a slight chip above her right eye in the eyeliner (the left eye looks like it may have one too but it was just a piece of styrofoam) but seeing as how it's just pure black paint it can be easily fixed.

The sword is really impressive, is metal and it has great weight to it - it feels real.

As for the left arm staying in, mine was snug with no problems. With that said, I put some poster putty on the peg base just to be sure it doesn't come out over time. Hopefully it will be enough.

Nice photos. Thanks for posting.

Mine came today. #722

I'm not a picky person but I can say that mine has some issues:
1. She does lean. I don't mean the base. SHE leans. She's not completely vertical. I added a few thicker pads to the bottom of the base (left side)(her right side) and that has fixed it a bit. Not all the way but it's acceptable for me.
2. Left arm is not snug. It doesn't fall right out but when you touch it, it will. I tried the dried super glue on the peg trick and it did work but made it very tight. I scraped some of it off which helped. Weird thing is that it appears that the upper arm is a bit misaligned with the bracer (on the pegged arm) so it just doesn't go all the way up. That might be the issue.
3. The sword is loose. Mine fits all the way down until it touches her thumb (if that makes sense). Still it's not in there tight.

I doubt I will contact SS for these. Most of them are only going to be noticed by me.
This is not a complaint but more of an observation. Does anyone find it strange that the icicles on the base are made of soft plastic material? They're not sculpted. Makes the base seem really cheap, IDK.

Other than all that, it's a great piece. Tons and tons of detail. I think I'm okay keeping it. I just started collecting at the beginning of 2015 but this is definitely the most difficulty I've had with a piece. Took me about an hour to get her "proper".
If she is leaning now, it will only get worse over time. You should reconsider keeping her. Call Sideshow.

Sent an email on Saturday with exchange form, still waiting... whats the usual turn around time?

Edit [via chat]

Unfortunately we are a bit behind, and our Returns department is at about 5-7 business days for a response.

Last edited:
Got # 194 today, and unpacked her just to check her out. Overall she looks great. I was lucky with her left arm. It fits fine, in fact it's super tight. However I can't get her left foot to seat on the base properly. I played with it for a while and I'm still unable to get it to seat. Anyone have a similar issue?

foot1.jpg

foot2.jpg

ft2.jpg

Jim, I'm not sure if I read it here or at Statue Forum, but someone reported needing to drill a bit in order to have her feet sit flush on the base. That was the second time I heard someone report a similar issue, you being the third.

Jim, I'm not sure if I read it here or at Statue Forum, but someone reported needing to drill a bit in order to have her feet sit flush on the base. That was the second time I heard someone report a similar issue, you being the third.

Thanks I checked over at SF but didn't find the post, However I looked at a couple of pictures that where posted there and it looks like I'm not the only one with the issue.

from SF
ft4.jpg

Looks like the angle of the hole may be slightly off causing the post to bind up. The front of her foot is sitting flush on the base. so I don't want to use to much pressure in fear of cracking it. May have to break out my Dremel later.

Thanks I checked over at SF but didn't find the post, However I looked at a couple of pictures that where posted there and it looks like I'm not the only one with the issue.

from SF
View attachment 253117

Looks like the angle of the hole may be slightly off causing the post to bind up. The front of her foot is sitting flush on the base. so I don't want to use to much pressure in fear of cracking it. May have to break out my Dremel later.

I had the same problem with mine. I had to use some serious power to get it in there, and it was twice as hard to remove it from the base.

If she is leaning now, it will only get worse over time. You should reconsider keeping her. Call Sideshow.

Thanks Vallos. Great point. SS just shipped me a new left arm today. The guy I was chatting with, Julian, said she is meant to have a slight lean because shes not standing straight up but he requested pics just to be sure. I'm going to send those on Monday. She does sit perfectly on her base so it might just be a trick of the eye. Regardless, SS is taking care of things.

Yeah mine has like a reverse smooth criminal lean. A very light bump and she topples over. Also took about a half hour to separate the statue itself from the base. Waiting for SS to get back to me.

I'm still working on getting her seated on the base. but I threw her together for a quick shot. I must say, she's one fine looking statue.

KI.1.5.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday with no issues. The arm fits tightly and snug. The feet are flushed on the base, and there is no lean, as some are reporting. The paint application is exceptional.

Here are a few shots:

Her "wings":

WP_20160317_19_13_30_Raw_LI_zps50o7di6f.jpg

WP_20160317_21_35_54_Raw_LI_zpspwfin0gd.jpg

WP_20160317_21_30_48_Raw_LI_zpsgw3080dy.jpg

WP_20160317_21_41_09_Raw_LI_zpsut3vv8z7.jpg

Yeah mine has like a reverse smooth criminal lean. A very light bump and she topples over. Also took about a half hour to separate the statue itself from the base. Waiting for SS to get back to me.

I use small rat tail file to clean up the hole for the post a bit. But she still will not seat property. I contacted SS to see if they have any suggestions. For now she’s back in the box. :pfft:

Mine arrived yesterday with no issues. The arm fits tightly and snug. The feet are flushed on the base, and there is no lean, as some are reporting. The paint application is exceptional.

Here are a few shots:

Her "wings":

WP_20160317_19_13_30_Raw_LI_zps50o7di6f.jpg

WP_20160317_21_35_54_Raw_LI_zpspwfin0gd.jpg

WP_20160317_21_30_48_Raw_LI_zpsgw3080dy.jpg

WP_20160317_21_41_09_Raw_LI_zpsut3vv8z7.jpg

I thought Gethsemoni looked small next to Kier, but she really looks minuscule with the rest of the COTD line.

There are many factors going on with that. One is the angle of the shot and her position on the shelf. Second, Gethsemoni has a much smaller base. Third, just about anyone would look miniscule next to Demythyle. Nevertheless, i do plan to display her with all, but only paired alongside Death.

Very nice. I just orederd all of them and iam very impressed no problems at all with any. How do u guys display these things? I hate those cheap ikea class ones.

Back