Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, cape brushed arm and it fell right out. Plasma flame broke. It is glueable and no one would notice but I requested a new arm, hopefully they'll address the weak, if any, magnet. :(

Oh man that sucks! My arm post fit up there very snug and tight. I couldn't pose her without the cape. it ads so much to her overall look.

Same here, cape brushed arm and it fell right out. Plasma flame broke. It is glueable and no one would notice but I requested a new arm, hopefully they'll address the weak, if any, magnet. :(
Otherwise flawless and beautiful :clap Think Ill go without the cape, hides too much detail.
:lol This statue is beautiful, but unfortunately mine has a couple issues. The first issue was getting her on the base: I had to use some serious force to get her foot pegs in the base and now that she's on I can't get her off. The second issue is the attachment for the arm holding the skull: there's no magnet, just a peg that fits extremely loose. A few minutes after I set her up it fell out and broke.:mad:
You could try to incorporate these magnets. I used them for the Dr. Doom PF's head since the magnet it comes with is complete garbage. These magnets are pretty strong:
100x 5x1mm Neodymium Disc Super Strong RARE Earth N35 Small Fridge Magnets | eBay

I am not sure if there is a spot to fit the magnet. You could also add some glue around the peg and let it dry to make it fit snug.

I got mine today, absolutely flawless. She's gorgeous, I'm really happy as she's the one that got me interested in the line in the first place.

My arm didn't stay on at all, like not even a little it was too loose, the moment I let go it would fall. Since I had read this thread beforehand I was careful and it didn't fall. I fixed it, and it's all good now. Amazing piece.

I get mine tomorrow and am fully expecting to have to mod the arm so it'll stay. I don't know why they wouldn't use magnets with a vertical piece if so many people are having issues.

I got mine today, absolutely flawless. She's gorgeous, I'm really happy as she's the one that got me interested in the line in the first place.

My arm didn't stay on at all, like not even a little it was too loose, the moment I let go it would fall. Since I had read this thread beforehand I was careful and it didn't fall. I fixed it, and it's all good now. Amazing piece.
How did you fix it?

How did you fix it?

This is a repost of what I posted on Statue Forums.

My arm was extremely loose, it wouldn't hold at all.

I tried the suggestion of teflon tape someone made, and it kind of worked. It fit more snugly, but I felt with the weight of the arm, and the fact that the peg is totally vertical with no angle, that it would fall over time.

Since I have never sold a piece, and don't plan on ever doing it. I decided to go with a permanent solution and just glued it in.

It may not be an option for everyone but it worked for me and I slept very well knowing the arm would still be there in the morning. :)

Thanks for the response. Did you consider the suggestion on Statue Forum, applying the glue on the peg and letting it dry, so as to create more friction, then inserting the arm?

I think I will try this before considering permanently gluing the arm.

I'd send it back for a replacement instead of permanently gluing it. However, the dried glue method works. My Wonder Woman arm hasn't budged since I got her.

I didn't try the glue on the peg and letting it dry. It might work, but like the teflon tape option which worked but I felt the weight of the arm would eventually just pull it out.

As for returning, it is an option that I didn't really consider, the piece is perfect with a great paint job and no defect other than the arm not staying in.

Gluing it in permanently is definitely not an option for everyone, as I said I never sold or plan to sell any of my pieces, so it's not a problem having it glued permanently for me. I will let Sideshow know about the issue though, maybe get a coupon on a future buy or something.

Does this issue with the loose arm actually really concern anyone?

I'm still considering this piece but the more I read about the arm issue the more it's putting me off, this sounds like a serious QC issue to me & one that shouldn't happen & should have been addressed.

I can't order her until I know it's isolated & not as widespread as it seems.

Such a shame as she looks to be one of the best statues SS have produced.

Neil

Zod, please provide details to the "dried glue method". How much glue would you need to apply? What is the best spot to apply?

I got mine yesterday and my plasma arm fits snug. Very impressed even the blade feels like metal heavy and cold. Siren was great but this has to be best 1/4 cotd to date.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Back