Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she looks great, can't wait to get her and check her out in hand, but I think they fumbled her hairline on the unmasked sculpt:

lTCvTio.jpg

I'm failing on seeing a "fumble" with this hairline. Looks like the same hairline as the proto.

Um. I don't know how many women you've seen with a hairline that jig jags all over her forehead giving her funky bald spots but most of the women I've met their hairline goes straight across. Kind of like in this proto pic.

300372-valkyrie-of-the-dead-005.jpg

head.jpg

The picture of the prototype is in shadow so I can"t really tell what happening with that part of her hairline.

At this time i think it's best to wait for more in hand pictures.

Um. I don't know how many women you've seen with a hairline that jig jags all over her forehead giving her funky bald spots but most of the women I've met their hairline goes straight across. Kind of like in this proto pic.

300372-valkyrie-of-the-dead-005.jpg

So your saying you've never seen a woman with braids before? or deadlocks?

Are you funning me?

You still have a point, I went back to the reveal video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASr4u5Hpdos , and you can see the gaps in her hair:

EAr3WD5.jpg

As well as the lack of cut off wing tips on her back that was added on later:

5orIYFk.jpg

Doesn't make it aesthetically pleasing, she looks like she just dyed her hair and didn't rise the dye out.

So your saying you've never seen a woman with braids before? or deadlocks?

Are you funning me?

Even with dreads or braids there's no drastic bald spot in the position that was circled for me when I said I didn't see a problem. Besides, the top of her hair is pulled back like a ponytail and braided after the knot which is a completely different look than when you actually have braids separating the hair(like the ones on the side of her head). Anyway, like jimcap said, we'll have to wait for more in hand pics.

Has it been confirmed by SS that these were pictures of the final production piece? All that I read so far was that they were posted by someone in China. Might this be a rejected sample or something? Maybe. Until we get official word from SS, we really just don't know what exactly we are looking at.

I wasn't referring to the pictures we got from SS. I was talking about the pictures from Statue Forum, someone from China posted. Has it been officially confirmed that this is a final production piece? :dunno If anyone from SS looks at this thread, please jump in.

Even in the video, at least (although meh) the hair line recedes. The in hand pic just it comes straight across.

While I wouldn't consider that space a bald spot, there should be some hair sculpt there or paint the "gap" grey.

I wasn't referring to the pictures we got from SS. I was talking about the pictures from Statue Forum, someone from China posted. Has it been officially confirmed that this is a final production piece? :dunno If anyone from SS looks at this thread, please jump in.

What else would it be? A custom? Either the dude stole it from the factory or he had one ordered that was delivered already.

My guess is they are retailers of some sort.
There's a couple of posters with very similar pics on statue forum for different pieces...that lead me to believe they might be from one place. I'd still believe they are legit but might be some of the better pieces sent to impress and push sales.

Key words are might and guess Total guess on my part and this might be what's going on with these early bird/killer pics.

:)

jpuli28 posted a question about the whole hairline thing on the "Ask Sideshow" thread over at SF. So let's wait to hear what Alex from SS has to say.

Just got an email about updated production photos. It still has the hairline issue, but it looks pretty damn nice otherwise.

Back