Ki Adi Mundi: Jedi Master- Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, chicken legs indeed, but he looks a lot better proportionately that's for sure! Thanks for the pics Anzik_Hayes! (Seeing that photo reminded me of how Mace needs to be on the big body too, since SLJ is also 6'3").

Edit: Actually...looking at Anzik's photo again, SSC pretty much futzed the height for most of the Jedi figs save for Qui-gon and probably Aayla. Anakin's too short, so is Kit, Plo, Mace, and now Ki Adi. Obi-wan seems too tall; Ewan is only 5'8" and I believe that Sir Alec Guiness was about the same.

Dang, if we know how tall everyone is, what the heck is SSC using for their reference???

Last edited:
Yes, chicken legs indeed, but he looks a lot better proportionately that's for sure! Thanks for the pics Anzik_Hayes! (Seeing that photo reminded me of how Mace needs to be on the big body too, since SLJ is also 6'3").

Edit: Actually...looking at Anzik's photo again, SSC pretty much futzed the height for most of the Jedi figs save for Qui-gon and probably Aayla. Anakin's too short, so is Kit, Plo, Mace, and now Ki Adi. Obi-wan seems too tall; Ewan is only 5'8" and I believe that Sir Alec Guiness was about the same.

Dang, if we know how tall everyone is, what the heck is SSC using for their reference???

IMDB where Tom Cruise says he's 5'10" LOL

Obi Wan should be on the short body (with a much smaller head), Anakin on the Regular, Mace and Qui Gon on the tall.
Luke needs to be on the really short body and Leia needs to be on the tiny female body.
A 5' tall character should be a 9" figure.
Its just too bad ROTS Obi Wan's head is so big or you could put him on Yavin Luke's body and have a nice sense of scale.

IMDB where Tom Cruise says he's 5'10" LOL

Obi Wan should be on the short body (with a much smaller head), Anakin on the Regular, Mace and Qui Gon on the tall.
Luke needs to be on the really short body and Leia needs to be on the tiny female body.
A 5' tall character should be a 9" figure.
Its just too bad ROTS Obi Wan's head is so big or you could put him on Yavin Luke's body and have a nice sense of scale.

10". They should be 10".

5' = 10"
5' 6' = 11"
6' = 12"
6' 6" = 13"
7' = 14"

and so on

In other news, I finally let Sideshow process my order (had them "flex pay" it for me, but relatives needed X-mas presents ideas for me, so I problem solved :D ).

I transferred Ki Adi to a spare Qui Gon body:

kiadi2.jpg

Hey Anzik, what Tunic is your Qui Gon wearing? Is that from the Hasbro Amidala two-pack?

Thank you my friend! I'd like to add a few more as well.
I would love to have some of the ladies and even a few from the CW like Rorron Corrob.
I wanted to buy the Coleman Trebor custom that was floating around last year, but that was right when I had to have two teeth cut out and took all my cash.
I was also thinking about using the Mattel figure of Shaggy from Scooby Doo to make a Shaagi custom but he has a smiling face.

I wanted to buy the Coleman Trebor

Done right, I'd love a figure of him. The design of the character had a bold, visual strength like he could really kick some ass, it sucked that they took him down so easily. You see some stupid human Jedi kicking ass in the arena while wasting screen time for a cool alien on a cheap death.

I just got my Ki the other day and I don't see a big problem with the height. Ki is listed as being 1.98 meters (6'4") and Qui-Gon at 1.95meters (6'3.9") and standing the two back to back it comes out about right.

I just got my Ki the other day and I don't see a big problem with the height. Ki is listed as being 1.98 meters (6'4") and Qui-Gon at 1.95meters (6'3.9") and standing the two back to back it comes out about right.

That's incorrect, as the height in the OS Databank often is. Silas Carson (Ki-Adi-Mundi) is 6'3" without adding a 10-12" cone on top of that. So, he is about the same height as Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon Jinn), but you then must add the rest of his large domed head.

That's true the actor played Ki is 6'3 without makeup but the character is only supposed to be 6'4 but there are many characters in star wars that are supposed to be taller or shorter then the actors played them. Jango and all the clones are listed as taller then Obi-Wan and in some shots the clones are seen as taller then him yet Temuera Morrison is visably shorter then Ewan McGregor in all the shots between him as Jango or Cody. So in my opinion the height is fine for this particular character and for me the only figures have been on compleatly the wrong body (not counting no figure should suffer the buck anymore) are the first two Obi-Wans who should be shorter then they are.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but are Mundi's hands just repaints of Fisto's? Is that the reason we are only getting the one pair? Because Sideshow was too lazy to sculpt a second pair? Because Kit only had one pair, we only got one pair with Mundi?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but are Mundi's hands just repaints of Fisto's? Is that the reason we are only getting the one pair? Because Sideshow was too lazy to sculpt a second pair? Because Kit only had one pair, we only got one pair with Mundi?

That's why, but it wasn't Sideshow being lazy, originally there was miscommunication about Kit's hands.

Yup somewhere in the Kit thread the sculpter posted that he didn't know about how many sets of hands would be needed so he only did the one set. He later made up for it when he did the Plo Koon sculpt making both force push and saber grip hands for him.

Seems like they had a relapse on that one though :rolleyes:
Ehhh...#&$#*%* cost-cutting! Would it have been so pricey to make just one more hand?

Then again, the Ki-Adi that's imprinted on me is from the Outlander comic arc, which has him with human looking hands.

got my tracking notice this morning and he'll be arriving next tuesday. not bad, got back on the waitlist when they started shipping and converted shortly after that.

Yup somewhere in the Kit thread the sculpter posted that he didn't know about how many sets of hands would be needed so he only did the one set. He later made up for it when he did the Plo Koon sculpt making both force push and saber grip hands for him.

So rather than add a new hand now they just gave us the same two repainted :lol The original explanation doesn't seem to hold up so well now :rolleyes:

Back