Keeping Boxes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too live in a 2 bed apart with the gf and a cat.

I'm still in the process of getting the 1/6 figures i want. I have main franchises i collect and it's slowed down, i've only got 1 pre-order left but i've started doing some customs and i also collect smaller sizes of the same franchise. thankfully i haven't got and PF's or statues otherwise i'd have real troubles

Same here i live in a 2 bed apartment ,with my girlfriend , 5 year old son and a cat.
The clothes wardrobe in the bedroom i half filled with stuff.
Then the spare room were i paint has a double wardrobe in there filled to the brim with model kit's and what not.
Then along the wall is stacked to the roof with statue boxes and those plastic containers filled with retro video games and then 2 mountain bikes.
So the baby sleeps in the main bedroom with us.
I don't want to risk a storage unit as i would never be able to sleep thing it is going to burn down or get robbed.
The only way forward is to sell statues when you buy more is to sell them as hard as it may be.
Or stop buying.
As i have 4 display cabinets filled with statues and also statues on the top of them.
And i have another 4 statues due to arrive this year.
The box of my Starcraft Tychus Findlay is huge bigger than 3 PF boxes.
Also i'm **** when it comes to box damage and wear i even hate the brown shipper getting damaged:rotfl

I too live in a 2 bed apart with the gf and a cat.

I'm still in the process of getting the 1/6 figures i want. I have main franchises i collect and it's slowed down, i've only got 1 pre-order left but i've started doing some customs and i also collect smaller sizes of the same franchise. thankfully i haven't got and PF's or statues otherwise i'd have real troubles

Hahaaaa yeah 1/6 is the way too go.
My girlfriend now want's a dog.
Well i'm going to sell the stuff i don't really want , as i have
commader shep PF on order ,master chief PF and Half life 2 statue on order.
But after that is it 1/6 all the way as i now have the 1/6 bug.:clap
i have a lot of impulse buy's i could do with selling too.

I keep mine stacked under a table that my bed is up against (so all you see is the top of the table; the boxes aren't visible). However, I ran out of room so now I'm not quite sure where I'm going to put any other boxes that come in.

Living in a studio sucks. :'/

sideshow should invent something like and inflatable bladder
that the y put in with the statue.
and then fill with air and it moulds itself to the statue when inflated.
That way you can flat pack the boxes and de-flate the bladder.
But i suppose that would interfere with international orders as compressed
air is not allowed on air crafts.

sideshow should invent something like and inflatable bladder
that the y put in with the statue.
and then fill with air and it moulds itself to the statue when inflated.
That way you can flat pack the boxes and de-flate the bladder.
But i suppose that would interfere with international orders as compressed
air is not allowed on air crafts.

Also, I can't imagine they GAS about the customer to that level.

Also, I can't imagine they GAS about the customer to that level.

Yeah i know what you mean as just look at the pre-production
pics of the statue's.
That make you go ummmmmm! i want it.
Then it arrives very poor and it need's re painting.
They should sell all statues with removable head's and hands unpainted and cheaper.
That way no body looses money really as they don't have to pay to get it painted.
And the customer gets it cheaper using the discount to pay to have
them expertly painted.
Are they ever likely to do this? NO!
That is why the 1/6 stuff is good as it is easy to re paint , easy to display and don't take up much room.
Would be so much better if they were limited and nyumbered like the statue's

Keep em. Keep em, keep em!!!!!...end of story...if god forbid you have to sell you wont lose your time, sanity or money....and yes those boxes help when reselling!

I have a basement to store most of the boxes.

I also integrate them into my displays

B96442F8-EDF6-49C7-AE09-CEA9970A7916-4481-000002D893110BF9_zps9e750ef0.jpg

I keep all the boxes I have no matter if from a 1:6 figure or a 1:1 helmet or studio scale. When I moved some years ago it would have been hell to do it without the original packing material. All my boxes are in the attic, and there a a LOT of them.

I keep all the boxes I have no matter if from a 1:6 figure or a 1:1 helmet or studio scale. When I moved some years ago it would have been hell to do it without the original packing material. All my boxes are in the attic, and there a a LOT of them.

Does anyone ever lay awake at night, with all this cardboard above our heads and think to themselves "if this place ever catches fire......." :horror

Anyone who throws their boxes away must be mad. We never think we're going to sell a new piece but other stuff comes along and circumstances change. Boxed items will always sell better and I hate buying stuff to be posted without a shipper.
All my boxes are wrapped and taped in plastic bags then stored in the loft. Looks like a warehouse up there.
Abominations box wouldn't get through the hatch so he was ontop of the wardrobe for a long time, wife hated it up there but he's gone now.

I toss all shippers except for my PF stuff and 1:1 items like Salacious Crumb.....

I keep the actual box for the HT/SS 1/6th scale stuff and store them in a metal cabinet where they shelved like books.

I NEVER (yep, used that word!) plan to sell what I have bought....

I did have an extra 1/6 Darth Vader Exclusive that I sold and got some runaround nonsense from some folks who wanted the brown shipper despite the figure never being opened from the SS box itself, but hey, to each their own. I simply hung on to the figure for less than a year and it sold for more than what I originally listed it for MINUS that silly brown shipping box. Guess it depends on how bad the buyer wants the actual figure...

I toss all shippers except for my PF stuff and 1:1 items like Salacious Crumb.....

I keep the actual box for the HT/SS 1/6th scale stuff and store them in a metal cabinet where they shelved like books.

I NEVER (yep, used that word!) plan to sell what I have bought....

I did have an extra 1/6 Darth Vader Exclusive that I sold and got some runaround nonsense from some folks who wanted the brown shipper despite the figure never being opened from the SS box itself, but hey, to each their own. I simply hung on to the figure for less than a year and it sold for more than what I originally listed it for MINUS that silly brown shipping box. Guess it depends on how bad the buyer wants the actual figure...

I'm confused. Keeping the picture box in the shipper takes up no more room. Why would you throw the shipper?

I'm confused. Keeping the picture box in the shipper takes up no more room. Why would you throw the shipper?

Ha! Well, it is my silly wording, of course. :slap

I don't save the shipper because I bookcase the boxes to see which box I need when I want it....can't do that so well from a side-view with the shippers. They are just useless to me.

The only box I ever through out and regret till this day but would be mad to keep is the crate for my MR Millenium Falcon. Otherwise space simply needs to be found or refound ;)

I generally keep all my boxes. Even though I never plan to sell things, tastes change, room runs out, better things come out, etc. I did have to toss the boxes (pallets) that came with my Sideshow C-3PO and R2-D2 though.

Also what ever happened to the old verison sideshow boxes?
The version with the card sleeve that goes over the box.
I thought they were way better than the new version and a lot better quality.

I used to keep the card from action figures but they all got put in the bin

Back