Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course there are some license issues... Perfect likeness is not our priority. This head is just something we are producing to help who ordered the Expansion kit that comes with no head.

There's always custom head sculpts out there.
While not the perfect sculpt, I'm thankful to KP for at least giving us another option.

20150603_123201.jpg
20150603_123221.jpg
20150603_123228.jpg

sorry for the crappy pictures
i will post hd photos when finish completely

my conan so far
still a lot of work to do
1) finish the headband
2) glue hair on head
3) build custom base

Looks like KP made some improvements. As one who voiced concern for the first reveal, I like what they did with it, although I'm not quite sure what that is. It looks a little more like Arnie with the headband on now. No picture without the headband.
a1.jpg

a3.jpg

They claimed additional improvements on Facebook. Something does look different even if very subtly.

From Kaustic's fb page:

16916_940432426020294_3329128638546460005_n.jpg

11828602_940431992687004_2103704770959358164_n.jpg

11846528_940432329353637_3572554926730052739_n.jpg

11873728_940432012687002_3280252265365561779_n.jpg

11880345_940432322686971_8326568128205273372_n.jpg

11887988_940432462686957_3797370824767811806_n.jpg

11896047_940432326020304_7749899474924985696_n.jpg

11907222_940506906012846_3192392428093140058_n.jpg

Although not perfect, it's quite good hs.
Wish they had produced it and sold it together with the 1st xxl set.
Now it's extra cash that makes the whole set more expensive.
Maybe Kaustic could give it for free, as Aci plans with their wrong helmet of a Greek warrior?

From Kaustic's fb page:

View attachment 203903

Maybe Kaustic could give it for free, as Aci plans with their wrong helmet of a Greek warrior?

Well..... I really don't think it is the same situation.
When we posted our First Fantasy warrior in 2014 EVERYONE knows the likeness was not perfect.
We never hide this.
The promotional pictures was very clear.. and the production version was IDENTICAL to preview picture.

The Deluxe Version it's a new product for who want a better likeness.
And it's made EXPECIALLY to who pre ordered Modern Life head and discovered the project was cancelled... and of course to who bought the Expansion kit, that comes with no head at all.
;)

Last edited:
Well..... I really don't think it is the same situation.
When we posted our First Fantasy warrior in 2014 EVERYONE knows the likeness was not perfect.
We never hide this.
The promotional pictures was very clear.. and the production version was IDENTICAL to preview picture.

The Deluxe Version it's a new product for who want a better likeness.
And it's made EXPECIALLY to who pre ordered Modern Life head and discovered the project was cancelled... and of course to who bought the Expansion kit, that comes with no head at all.
;)

In my opinion there should not be 2 sculpts, but 1 that should have been great from the beginning.
And of course with likeness as everyone knows the actor.
But that is wishful thinking.

Anyway what about us who bought the 1st set and have the "standard" sculpt?
Other companies (Aci, Asmus) offer for free their improved versions of their "mistaken" products.
Any chance of getting it for free or at least with a 50% discount?

In my opinion there should not be 2 sculpts, but 1 that should have been great from the beginning.
And of course with likeness as everyone knows the actor.
But that is wishful thinking.

Anyway what about us who bought the 1st set and have the "standard" sculpt?
Other companies (Aci, Asmus) offer for free their improved versions of their "mistaken" products.
Any chance of getting it for free or at least with a 50% discount?

I don't think our original version was a 'mistaken product'. But I can understand that I cannot make everybody happy.
No there is no discount on our original release.
This is a new different product.

My question is very very simple: when you bought the first kit you was aware of the sculpt? I didn't hide the likeness of the first product.
In some way my promotional pictures was retouched or the product was different in some way from promotional images?
I really don't think so.
So next question is: Why you bought it? You know you didn't like the head from promotional photos.. Why you bought it?

I don't think our original version was a 'mistaken product'. But I can understand that I cannot make everybody happy.
No there is no discount on our original release.
This is a new different product.

My question is very very simple: when you bought the first kit you was aware of the sculpt? I didn't hide the likeness of the first product.
In some way my promotional pictures was retouched or the product was different in some way from promotional images?
I really don't think so.
So next question is: Why you bought it? You know you didn't like the head from promotional photos.. Why you bought it?

I bought it 'cause I like the character, the actor & the movie of course.
I chose & paid for it because at the time no other company was making this figure
and the price was ok (I even had a muscular Kaustic spare body lying around at the time).
If there was another option, trust me I would have considered it.

I didn't say that you hid anything or the hs was different from the prototype.
My remark is that the head should have been better from the 1st version.

Listen Fabio because you are passionate about your products,
but I am also passionate about my collection and I like to pay "bang for my buck".
That's why I have very few hot toys figures in my collection and that 's why I consider every purchase,
because money especially nowdays in Greece are not easy to find.

So when I have to pay for a 2ond hs that I should have gotten at the 1st place,
and the company offering it is the same company that made the 1st set, then yes I feel cheated.
I wrote the same remarks to Pangaea when they planned to produce a 2ond version of their Greek Warrior.
The posts are there and you can find them but I think you know already.
In the past you have accused me, now I hope that at last you can see my point of view.

I bought it 'cause I like the character, the actor & the movie of course.
I chose & paid for it because at the time no other company was making this figure
and the price was ok (I even had a muscular Kaustic spare body lying around at the time).
If there was another option, trust me I would have considered it.

I didn't say that you hid anything or the hs was different from the prototype.
My remark is that the head should have been better from the 1st version.

Listen Fabio because you are passionate about your products,
but I am also passionate about my collection and I like to pay "bang for my buck".
That's why I have very few hot toys figures in my collection and that 's why I consider every purchase,
because money especially nowdays in Greece are not easy to find.

So when I have to pay for a 2ond hs that I should have gotten at the 1st place,
and the company offering it is the same company that made the 1st set, then yes I feel cheated.
I wrote the same remarks to Pangaea when they planned to produce a 2ond version of their Greek Warrior.
The posts are there and you can find them but I think you know already.
In the past you have accused me, now I hope that at last you can see my point of view.

I share some of your views, but to be fair, Fabio did not set out to make a deluxe head because he wanted more money. Modern Life bailed on us. KP tried to step up to the plate. They didn't have to do that.

Back