Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Kaustic's FB page today:

kaustic.jpg

I think it looks great . Looks like Arnold to me . Keep it up Fabio ! Looking forward to the final copy . I'm ready to preorder this .

The area around Arnold's mouth should be 'puffy'. That's crucial in any good likeness of him.

I want to like this sculpt. I need this sculpt. I have four bodies waiting, but I want a great sculpt to go with them, not a passable sculpt.

My wife said it looks like a cross between Arnie and Hugo Weaving.

I can see some Arnold in the first one but it definitely loses likeness with the headband on.

I'm in the awkward situation of wanting to be nice and just say thank you Fabio for stepping up and not leaving us headless, so to speak, but I really want an amazing sculpt as well.

I LOVE Conan and want the best possible head sculpt, not really seeing it here. ML really did a good job. Such a shame they didn't pull through.

I don't understand what you're getting at?
I took it that you were saying that we're being nitpicky if we complain about the sculpt. Sorry if I misunderstood. The fact is that if the sculpt is intentionally off because of licensing, then it's not nitpicking to complain about it being off. It is off.

I took it that you were saying that we're being nitpicky if we complain about the sculpt. Sorry if I misunderstood. The fact is that if the sculpt is intentionally off because of licensing, then it's not nitpicking to complain about it being off. It is off.

That's exactly what I was doing. How can people complain about a sculpt being off when they know it has to be off to circumvent licensing issues?

Firstly, CanadianBrandon and I posted before Fabio.

Secondly, even though the first sculpt was intentionally off to skirt the licensing issue, I thought KP was going to go for it this time. There was no mention of fudging things, just that they wouldn't leave us high and dry. This is a much better sculpt, but I'm not sure it even matches the very first one they did when they did the sneak peek for the XXL Project. I bought three sets based on that. They didn't have to give us a sculpt period, so kudos for that, but I might have been inclined to only buy one set if I had known I would be hunting multiple heads.

The reason I replied to your initial post was I took umbrage that you assumed that everyone knew that the sculpt was once again going to be off this time. Yes, it doesn't make sense to complain if you do know that. It begs the question, why offer a second so so head in the first place? When you are spending the kind of money we do in this hobby, you're trying to get the best possible result. I do not want to have to keep upgrading. Fortunately, I got in on the other custom Conan head being offered. I may still get one of these. I want to see what it looks like painted. May want to use it for the warpaint version.

I'm going to sound like a KP cheerleader, and I'm cool with that--I kind of am one--but if you look at the new sculpt and compare it to the one from ML, you'll see it's very close. What we're missing here is a paint job. This is a WIP pic. Take a look at the one from ML in black and white and imagine that one before it was fine-tuned. Very close.

Don't know if we'll be getting any fine tuning with this one. Obviously, they don't want it too close.

I personally don't feel like I've said anything rude and I sure as hell don't feel like I'm nitpicking. I had no idea there was still such a massive licensing issue. After ML hit so close to the money I assumed KP were going to do the same.

Fabio I never said I didn't like it. I said I want the best sculpt possible. On Facebook I said with a good paint job this will probably complete the set nicely. Of course if I don't like it I don't have to buy it. But I've been holding off buying other custom versions for this one believing it would be superb. If there is still a licensing issue then this probably is the best sculpt possible. I still feel like it loses some of the likeness with the headband on though.
I'll continue to patiently wait to see it with the paint job.

Fabio I love KP and continue to support you guys with your amazing releases. I believe I have the freedom to share my thoughts and opinions on these forums. I personally think constructive feedback is a good thing.

I don't think the other one was scrapped over licensing issues, I don't know why exactly and I might be completely wrong but there was talk of some shady business practices from the other company. They scrapped all their headsculpts not just the arnie I believe.

Back