Kaustic Plastik - XXL Project set 1 - The Fantasy Warrior

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's odd there is no solid Arnold option out there.

I put up a want to trade thread to find Bane arms... basically offering to trade the DX10 arms with added articulation for the Bane ones. Turns out a number of people want to do the Bane pose with his hands on his jacket lapels, so there are a few out there. The other option would be to buy two bodies and frankenstein them together, but that gets expensive :lol

Here's an update on my Conan... this is the first step of adding hair to the DX, next is to trim it, shape and try to clean up the hairline as much as possible.

974cdddf-df65-498f-825f-c67f51311304_zps27003fac.jpg

Yeah, it's odd there is no solid Arnold option out there.

I put up a want to trade thread to find Bane arms... basically offering to trade the DX10 arms with added articulation for the Bane ones. Turns out a number of people want to do the Bane pose with his hands on his jacket lapels, so there are a few out there. The other option would be to buy two bodies and frankenstein them together, but that gets expensive :lol

Here's an update on my Conan... this is the first step of adding hair to the DX, next is to trim it, shape and try to clean up the hairline as much as possible.

974cdddf-df65-498f-825f-c67f51311304_zps27003fac.jpg

Looks awesome gb. I was planning on using the same head, but didn't know what I was going to do for hair options. I'll have to get some pointers from you when your done.

Thanks, I used the lambs fur sold by morezmore on eBay, they have a lot of colors and it's really a great product for hairing 1/6 heads. What's nice is they also have a tutorial on the sales page, it really tells you everything you need to know :duff

Thanks, I used the lambs fur sold by morezmore on eBay, they have a lot of colors and it's really a great product for hairing 1/6 heads. What's nice is they also have a tutorial on the sales page, it really tells you everything you need to know :duff

Can't wait to see the head finished. I might hafta order some and play around since they teach ya how lol.

It certainly takes some practice and Elvis is a master at it, but even my first time using it I was able to get some good results.

Not a particularly good picture... looks promising, but a bit soft on detail. Still, a solid custom option and hopefully it will look better with a more professional photo.

Got the eBay head in - I like the likeness but it's not really 1/6 scale - much too small for any muscle body.

conan_ebay.jpg

I think that's from where the detachable hair is slightly recessed from the face. I've seen a rooted hair Thor sculpt around that looked similar.

That could be the reason, also a bad paint application or a poor sculpt in that area. Either way for me it is..........

I have my set and am using it for the war paint version as well. I'm using the Neca figure as reference as it's pretty movie accurate. One thing I have to say, as much as I like this set, I really dislike how the head sits on the body. The molded hair doesn't let it sit low enough IMO.

Modern Life hs Will have two version, sculpted and rooted hair.
Wonder if they are not going with a separate part for the hair so you can swap.
Good intention but i doubt it looks good.

However that hs is very cool young Arnold i hope they do more version for T1 for exemple.

Modern Life hs Will have two version, sculpted and rooted hair.
Wonder if they are not going with a separate part for the hair so you can swap.
Good intention but i doubt it looks good.

I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure the sculpted version will come with two choices: 1) the hair we see in the pic, as well as 2) an extra hair sculpt that fits with the headband. Then we'll have the rooted hair version that we can use with or without the headband at our own discretion. Lots of choices there, which is pretty cool.

Back