Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Can you let us know what the new products that are coming up?

William box set was released in April in Asia and today in Europe(end of May in Usa).
Expansion heads will arrive in August. No delay this time ;)

Note: William box is sold out at wholesale level. So of you need one box better hurry up. In our website only 36 pcs left..

It has been released in the far east then?

I have him on PO will a site from there, will need to check that out asap.

KGHobby sent my William, Scottish Highlander figure out yesterday, I should have him soon.

Braveheart is coming home!!!

My deluxe kit arrived yesterday, and finally today I was able to put it together and share some photos with you folks.

My opinions after handling it: out of the box and at first look the figure is quite disappointing. It comes by default with the screaming non-war paint Wallace head whose paints applications are quite flat (Sideshow on a weak day level) and with the blue kilt non fuzzed. Also on the negative side, the shield could have done with more details and a less toy like finish, and more or less the same goes for the handle of the sword.

As promised by Fabio, the figure includes both Kilts: the blue and a brown one at the bottom of the box. Funny thing is that after comparing them against some screenshots from the movie, I think that the blue one with some heavy weathering using coffee (check KP facebook) is the one to go...so that's what I did. Dressing the figure with the Kilt and fuzzing it seems to be completely out of my skill level, but following the original video from Iminime I was able to get it done. In the process I found out that just touching too hard the studs from the armor is enough to make them come apart, so when I was done my table was full of those little pieces :panic:. On the pro side, KP apparently was aware of that fact because they included many extra ones on a bag with the kit.

Once everything was done and I switched to the War Pain head I started changing my mind about the figure. Yes, it's not stellar, but it has got a lot of presence on the shelf and even with the drawbacks mentioned above I think it's a very good representation of the character.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

The accessories are very nice. I opted for the blue kilt staining also which Im happy with. Never been so up close and personal with any of my 1/6 collection like this guy. The screaming head is okay and different but not really Mel Gibson, Im looking forward to the relaxed head variants. Overall this is a must have for me and glad I picked him up.13293223_10153617494158193_78104613_n.jpg13330400_10153617494358193_1098395036_n.jpg

Cant wait to get him in may have to pick up a horse for him. Keep the pics coming very nice futzing on kilt sash guys.

Looks great! Any tips for the coffee staining technique please and a link to the kilt futzing video?

Looks great! Any tips for the coffee staining technique please and a link to the kilt futzing video?
You need to darken it a lot, so I prepared a full mug of strong coffee and didn't mix it with any water. Put the kilt on the coffee and leave it there until the tone looks correct to you :)

About the video:

Brave heart was fantastic back when I 1st watched it in 1995. I just watched it again last week and its okay. Its a classic film that haven't aged well.

Back