Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine too, fantastic figure. However when tweaking the outfit expect many tiny studs to fall off, thankfully there is a spare bag full of them to re-glue back onto the armour. Overall very happy with the set quality

I spoke with Timewalker toys and said may be a little late due to customs so like 1st of july for me. Oh well at least he's on the way.

Got mine today. Overall not bad - qc on the body was poor, and the heads are not great, but the rest is nice. Opted to use the blue tartan and gave it a coffee bath then a wash with burnt umber, came out quite accurate i think

braveheartcoffee.jpg

looks like the kilt needs to be trimmed or hiked up more past the knees

braveheart1.jpg

2 kilts in the box, and both not tailored right, looks more like a Toga then kilt, it doesnt have that drape from the bottom to the shoulder like the film

Maybe i put it on wrong, but wanted it pretty neat n tidy. Theres plenty of extra stuffed under the armour.

The blue/grey material is softer than the cheap brown version as thats more rigid. Both need some ironing for a natural drape though, but the brown needs some folds working in

What a conflicting figure. :gah:

Had him in for a week and damn it but getting this figure into any sort of 'ideal' pose was a *****. Most of that was due to the removal of the stock tunic and replacing it with the brown one. Buttons all off the armour once this task was done so it was a matter of gluing all them back on. Body is not the greatest and the roaring head sculpt does not really sit on well enough for my liking, its secure tight enough but moving it side to side and it pops off. Silver stud on the hammer also fell off so I will need to glue it. This was my first KP figure and I got to the point were I thought I was having buyers remorse a feeling I rarely ever get.

Anyways a week later and having him in a better pose I can now start to appreciate him and I'm glad I stuck with him. Still need to futz the kilt a little bit better but I cannot be arsed with the buttons falling off/gluing them all on scenario all over again.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to swapping the kilt, gonna be a real pain in the @ss by the sound of it. I would leave the stock cape on but it looks like one of mums tea towels.

Thanks for posting those comparison pics, shells075. I have the CK, but only the normal set. I was hoping to upgrade with the KP but with the pleated kilt, studs falling off and that swirly shield I think it's better to wait for Pangaea. Pre-order cancelled, unfortunately. I'll just look for the boots.

Any kilt experts here ?

But to me it looks like in the movie the kilt it shaped more like a towel , cut to be from knees to waist , then long enough to wrap once around, then the rest thrown over the shoulder

like so,

72db0de1e77653cf1b1711743afe0eed.jpg

This KP figure has the material cut in one square from knees to head, which makes it look awful

kpwallace.jpg

Wow he got great thighs :lol

Yeah I couldn't get my CK kilt to look good so I gave up, then again I couldn't even get CK's Blondie poncho right. :gah:

Obviously the CK sculpt and especially paint apps is better then KP but the KP set is nice for the price, the accessories are decent if not outstanding and the boots are far superior then the plastic boots on the CK figure.

Back