Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, because they specifically waited until you in particular paid your deposit before dropping that bombshell?

You don't want to pay any extra for another head, then don't. Not like they're forcing your hand. They're just providing people with a further option... that they're free to purchase or not purchase, as they see fit. Nothing dishonest or unfair about it.

You misunderstood me completely. I don't see the point in having two sculpts for any figure, so normaly I wouldn't be bothered that the second sculpt is offered for extra cash.
But in this particular case, the sculpt that is included in the release is the screaming version which is (as I am sure many will agree) by this hobbys standards considered alternate, and in my opinion is the one many will not prefer.
I always make the preorders day one since my retailer offers very limited amount of products, but you are right, that is on me.
I may be wrong, but I just can't shake the feeling that the second sculpt was revealed when enough preorders vere made because they knew everybody would be buying it since it is much better that the one included in release.
And I really don't know why everybody here is siding blindly with a manufacturer who sells unlicensed figures in this fashion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You misunderstood me completely. I don't see the point in having two sculpts for any figure, so normaly I wouldn't be bothered that the second sculpt is offered for extra cash.
But in this particular case, the sculpt that is included in the release is the screaming version which is (as I am sure many will agree) by this hobbys standards considered alternate, and in my opinion is the one many will prefer.
I always make the preorders day one since my retailer offers very limited amount of products, but you are right, that is on me.
I may be wrong, but I just can't shake the feeling that the second sculpt was revealed when enough preorders vere made because they knew everybody would be buying it since it is much better that the one included in release.
And I really don't know why everybody here is siding blindly with a manufacturer who sells unlicensed figures in this fashion.

Ok mate.. I think it is enough.
'I may be wrong'... No you are FOR SURE wrong.
I started this second sculpt just because many asking for an extra head.
Do you think I will buy a Ferrari with the release of this optional head????
I can tell you a secret: No, I do this 'business' 95% for passion.
Who knows me and follow my products line know that this is true.
All what I earn in this business I reinvest in better production and in new product that I like.
I do everything I do for passion and I proved many many times in this years.

I honestly don't deserve this personal attacks going on.
You expressed your option... I gave you my honest answer.
I think we can go on discussing of something different because I don't feel comfortable anymore posting here if this must be the mood.

Please don't ruin this thread... Thank for your understanding

All what I earn in this business I reinvest in better production and in new product that I like.

I think we can go on discussing of something different because I don't feel comfortable anymore posting here if this must be the mood.

:lecture :clap

Ok, no hard feelings.
Sorry, but I may have gotten the wrong idea.
But you did the same thing with "Fantasy warrior" (which is unlicensed Conan). As far as I know nowbody sells improved head sculpts as a separate release. So from this pattern I made a conclusion, not a personal attack - you are running a bussines so you have to be able to accept criticism. We are not fighting over a girl, You are a seller, and I am a customer, no matter what passion you got involved in your work, you take money fom me to buy your stuff, so please allow me to make some observations.
Time will tell if I am wrong, so please prove me wrong and STOP this nonsense with selling your figures and then after that selling us "upgrades" for this same figures.

Ok, no hard feelings.
But you did the same thing with "Fantasy warrior" (which is unlicensed Conan).

You should know that I released (actually not even released yet) a new improved headsculpt just to give something to persons that was waiting ML head.
I announced mine just AFTER the ML cancellation of their head.
Once again because my fans and friend was asking for!!
This is the only pattern you can find in my releases: I listen people feedbacks and I try to make everyone happy.
Your posts are the prove that mine is an impossible task :(

Ok, no hard feelings.
But you did the same thing with "Fantasy warrior" (which is unlicensed Conan). As far as I know nowbody sells improved head sculpts as a separate release. So from this pattern I made a conclusion, not a personal attack - you are running a bussines so you have to be able to accept criticism. We are not fighting over a girl, You are a seller, and I am a customer, no matter what passion you got involved in your work, you take money fom me to buy your stuff, so please allow me to make some observations.
Time will tell if I am wrong, so please prove me wrong and STOP this nonsense with selling your figures and then after that selling us "upgrades" for this same figures.

I'm not sure where you get off telling someone else how to run their company. You're being absurd and it really needs to stop.

Sorry to Fabio and the rest of the board, but I had to chime in here.

I'm not sure where you get off telling someone else how to run their company. You're being absurd and it really needs to stop.

Sorry to Fabio and the rest of the board, but I had to chime in here.

I wasn't telling them anything, you should read the whole sentence (post) and not just bolded part.
I don't see why everybody is making so much fuss about all this. Can't I express my opinion here, based on some actual circumstances surrounding the case?
If Hot Toys or Sideshow did something similar everybody would flip and the whole thread would be on fire. I must have stumbled in some alternate universe here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't telling them anything, you should read the whole sentence (post) and not just bolded part.
I don't see why everybody is making so much fuss about all this. Can't I express my opinion here, based on some actual circumstances surrounding the case?
If Hot Toys or Sideshow did something similar everybody would flip and the whole thread would be on fire. I must have stumbled in some alternate universe here.

FWIW, you're not wrong. They are making you pay extra for the more desirable head sculpt. People are just defending Fabio because he feels like their friend, because he comes here and talks with people.

The only thing I can come up with in their defense, is that they're trying to make it not totally obvious it's a Braveheart figure. Fabio has expressed some hesitation in the past (regarding the Conan and Gladiator figures) that licensors may come after his company. I don't follow that line of thinking. The licensors can come after you for anything they want, but . . . .there's been a rationale amongst 1/6 manufacturers in the past that if you offer a "kit" you can come up with a reasonable defense that "Hey, I'm just making this clothing and if these customers make something from it that is from your IP, I can't be responsible for that."

They're really pushing it on this one, as previously, they'd just been selling clothing and heads separately but this one has the screaming head on the deluxe set, and we haven't heard anything, so they're probably just testing the waters so to speak.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Fabio on this. I belong to the other one sixth forum called OSW I am sure you probably heard of it, if you are not already a member. when this figure was first released I may have been the first, or at least among the first that commented/whined/complained/ bitched however you want to put it. about there not being a unpainted face. Fabio at the time did not know at that time if a unpainted face would be available but was opened to the idea that is how I am pretty sure that the unpainted face came about. it was due to input from members who wanted a unpainted face. I don't believe this was an attempt to gouge money out of consumers we spoke and Fabio/Kaustic listen so please on this matter give the company the benefit of the doubt. really did not want to post said going forth in 2016 will post only a few times if not at all, but felt this was one of those time I needed to post.

This thread is being ruined by a few idiots. Simple solution, don't buy the product if you're that upset about it. Coming in here and bashing a company that is willing to participate and share updates is stupid. You made your point, move on. Fabio, keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what you guys do in 2016. Happy New Year!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Wow. Not sure where the negativity for Fabio (who is providing us with more options in his products which is great) is coming from. You don't like it-don't buy and move on. Simple.
Maybe this thread does need to get shut down for now.

Wow. Not sure where the negativity for Fabio (who is providing us with more options in his products which is great) is coming from. You don't like it-don't buy and move on. Simple.

Big Dave needs to stop by and crack some skulls. :duh

I was given more negativity than I am accused of puting out, and for what - simply stating my opinion that I find this bussines model unfair. This is no bashing, it is my opinion, I am allowed to have one.
And then I was bashed upon by what more and more seems is some devoted cult of followers.
So please, by all means, enough with the negativity!

EDIT: why are some posts deleted from this thread (the one from jk_blue_tiger)

Last edited:
I was given more negativity than I am accused of puting out, and for what - simply stating my opinion that I find this bussines model unfair. This is no bashing, it is my opinion, I am allowed to have one.
And then I was bashed upon by what more and more seems is some devoted kult of followers.
So please, by all means, enough with the negativity!

Mate.. As I said: you gave your opinion.. I gave you my answer.
As you are free to give your opinion, others are free to say they are not agree with you!

Keeping repeating the same things over and over again will not change anything.. Will just ruin this thread.

Can we move on? Let's keep this thread a nice place where discuss about this hobby. Thank you

Some people just don't get it. Anyway..., Fabio, any chance of expanding the historical line towards vikings? Not the t.v. show, but something more historically accurate?

Some people just don't get it. Anyway..., Fabio, any chance of expanding the historical line towards vikings? Not the t.v. show, but something more historically accurate?

Difficult question.
Originally we planned to make some historical Vikings. But as you know they just announced Viking Tv will have a licensed 1:6 line.
This makes very hard to plan any releases on this subject.
The risk to have the market flooded of many Vikings subjects is real.
So don't know if still change for a little company like us to front this risk. :(

Difficult question.
Originally we planned to make some historical Vikings. But as you know they just announced Viking Tv will have a licensed 1:6 line.
This makes very hard to plan any releases on this subject.
The risk to have the market flooded of many Vikings subjects is real.
So don't know if still change for a little company like us to front this risk. :(
Ah, I hadn't heard about the show getting figures made. Interesting. My original plan was to use the extra highlander head to make a viking. It's hard to find many headsculpts with a good viking beard [emoji38]! Love your products, keep up the good work. Many here appreciate your involvement with us, thank you!

Back