Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow was looking forward to see what you were going to do with this, and you nailed it bro!

Whist another version of Wallace is to be welcomed (and this looks to be of good quality at what will, no doubt, be a very reasonable price), I do wonder why it has to be a near identical lift off the Iminime version though, even so far as to the exact same inaccuracies in the colour scheme and the the war vest. Why not go for a different head sculpt selection rather than one that is obviously going to draw direct comparison to another companies previous release? it's almost as if someone sat down and studied the Freedom Warrior figure rather than the actual source material.

The answers to your question are very simple...

1) Color Scheme. Actually our color scheme is improved over the former version. The Iminime version in real hands it is just "no color". Just a brown washed vest.
It's not easy the tartan Printing over a vest, for sure there is a margin of improvement of colors but it's NOT EASY.
One of the main reason we delayed so much the prototype it's exactly this problem.
We tried several Printing for 2 months. This is the best result so far. But for sure in final version will have improvements.
Both version are similar because Iminime fronted the same Printing problem.

2) Leather War vest. Similar problem as well. If you want to use eco-leather material the effect will be the same of Iminime version. Not because we are coping Iminime pattern, but because the Eco-leather available in the market are a limited number, expecially the ones when you can carve the pattern shape typical of this armour.

3) Head expression. Ehm are you serious? In this movie there are basically 2 Expressions. Screaming expression and not screaming expression.. and Both of them was made by Iminime...

Now I would love to see the END of this comparison with iminime...
Nobody are noticing the work we made for Warhammer (wood and die cast) , Double-handed Mace (wood and Die cast), Double handed sword that it's a little jewel made in Metal and craftmade, Shield (the most accurate so far), boots.. etc.etc.?
It's quite sad..

Blister Kit Picture: Does,nt show the shoulder belt, so is it included ? the belt which holds the sword on the back, IT DOES SAY IN DISCRIPTION BUT NOT IN THE PIC /...

kp10kit.jpg

Yes shoulder belt is included as well :)

The gauntlet isn't listed in the blister pack list but it's in the picture with the blister pack items. It's also listed as a deluxe only item. Which is the mistake?

Yes it's listed, just we used a different name:

6) Leather arm protection = Gauntlet

When we wrote "deluxe version only" it means, between the TWO BOXES.
Only deluxe version has the Gauntlet.

You should do this fig
The Hammer of The Scots.

cc727d1e782cb490e139c3ba4784d4f1.jpg

YES! I would so love this. I can't wait to pick this up. This will be loads of fun to weather and make a small dio for. :)

And I think I'm already tired of the IMINIME comparisons. Especially about the expression. It reminds me when people immediately accused HT of copying Adams sculpt because they released their their own laughing expression sculpt. :lol I mean it's ridiculous. Even before either of these figures existed there was talk here and there about an "ultimate Wallace" dream figure and a screaming war paint sculpt was talked about.

This is an awesome pack and I'll get the exclusive, no doubt about it.

My only gripe is the expression. That's also what makes me hesitate on Lucius and Titus. I'm probably in the minority, but I hate heads in a frozen expression. That and battle damaged characters make me feel as though they don't represent a whole movie but just a scene...

Anyway, still awesome and must have!

By the way, when will you consider producing a female character?

I'd like a Roman chick from you guys!:)

You should do this fig
The Hammer of The Scots.

cc727d1e782cb490e139c3ba4784d4f1.jpg

Please make this happen :)

I already own Iminime Freedom Warrior , so I,ll most Proberly just pick up the Blister pack ,

so then i can use one of my spare heads with this set !!!

Blister Kit Picture: Does,nt show the shoulder belt, so is it included ? the belt which holds the sword on the back, IT DOES SAY IN DISCRIPTION BUT NOT IN THE PIC /...

kp10kit.jpg

I'll def be picking this set up too along with Mace and Warhammer parted out since they're fuggin awesome looking. Also agreed it's time to stop comparing the two sets. This one looks awesome and everyone should be thrilled their going to join the William Wallace club as that's all that matters at the end of the day :)

Really can't wait for this figure, William Wallace is a Grail figure for me, and KP have done a stellar job. Looking forward to seeing the neutral head sculpt too. I'll be checking back often to see when the preorder for this has gone up.

The figure looks great and will be going on my buy list.

The comparison to the other figure are quite laughable they are the same person so of course there're going to look similar, or as Ripley put it "did IQs just drop sharply while i was away".

I to would like a neutral head sculpt, I like the screaming head and it will look great in an action pose swinging the broadsword however if I'd rather go for more of a museum pose then it looks daft, personally I'd replace the generic Scotsman 'Hamish head' with one of Wallace=perfect.

The comparison to the other figure are quite laughable they are the same person so of course there're going to look similar, or as Ripley put it "did IQs just drop sharply while i was away".
With such similar execution, even sharing flaws with the custom version, comparing the 2 seems like a normal reaction.

The custom version was based entirely off the movie poster. This set uses either the same frame of reference... or it just references the custom version. Either way it would have been nice if they made it film accurate instead of poster accurate. The brace in the poster is not the one he wore in the iconic battle. Also his sleeves were longer and rolled up instead of frayed up.

I noticed the sleeves before as well. Some tweaks here & there can improve the figure, & help further it away from the custom I think.

Back