Kaustic Plastik Twin Peaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to lie. I've been wanting this forever. I'll support it as long as the price isn't nutty.

I'm down for this all day, I bought their Conan figure and it's stellar, can't wait for this one!!!! Bring onn Cooooooop!

KP are a wannabe company, but their quality doesn't match their prices or their trumpet blowing.

Their John Wayne is a mediocre and over priced figure. The magnetic stand was a joke and will never see the light of day again, because his ankles are so weak he can't stand upright on it.

I got suckered in by Dean Knight's glowing review for Bud Spencer, before realising that he gives glowing reviews for everything he's sent.

Based on John Wayne I cancelled Bela Lugosi, and would be wary of anything they make.
Interesting you feel that way. I have the John Wayne figure which I like quite a bit. He's currently in a walking pose with most of his weight on one foot, held up by the magnet in the base. No issues. I will admit he is far more stable with both feet flat on the base but that just logical. Sorry if the ankles on yours don't hold up, mine have no problem. I've also got their peter Sellers which is a great figure. I honestly can't wait for their Lugosi. Is Wayne over priced? Maybe a bit.....But when Hot Toys prices are souring over the 3 bill mark I'm not gonna complain too much.

Interesting you feel that way. I have the John Wayne figure which I like quite a bit. He's currently in a walking pose with most of his weight on one foot, held up by the magnet in the base. No issues. I will admit he is far more stable with both feet flat on the base but that just logical. Sorry if the ankles on yours don't hold up, mine have no problem. I've also got their peter Sellers which is a great figure. I honestly can't wait for their Lugosi. Is Wayne over priced? Maybe a bit.....But when Hot Toys prices are souring over the 3 bill mark I'm not gonna complain too much.

I was spoiled by LiMToys' Arthur, where I thought the tailoring, boots, guns and base were far better.

I knew it was a risk ordering the Duke based on the promo images. Plus, since they didn't get the license for True Grit he isn't exactly Rooster Cogburn.

I was spoiled by LiMToys' Arthur, where I thought the tailoring, boots, guns and base were far better.

I knew it was a risk ordering the Duke based on the promo images. Plus, since they didn't get the license for True Grit he isn't exactly Rooster Cogburn.
True about True Grit (?) lol.....I would have MUCH preferred a version from The Searchers or Big Jake anyway....I just don't see us getting another John Wayne.

I myself am conflicted. I got into the hobby for the lifelike portraits and whatnot, so I tried to stick close to HT (and even then I waited for specific versions). But in some cases I compromised. I have some BCS Doctors, even though the quality isn't the same, and I ended up overpaying. Now I've got BCS Tommy & 12 on PO, and I'll end up paying nearly 500€ for each (already paid off 12) after taxes and everything. I've also got the Iconiq Bateman on PO. My point is, if I like the character enough, and it's a niche property, I'm willing to ignore some faults. But right now... I don't know. InArt makes even HT look a bit dated in comparison, and now these are some tiers bellow that, yet they're asking for the same prices. The average figure costs ~300 now. And the dollar and the euro became equal, so I'm not saving on anything. Not to mention the ever increasing taxes. So I have to think quite a bit before any purchase. Then there's the fatigue with the kind of figures that get made on a consistent basis, me being tired with pop culture in general and everything else.

Looking at that teaser the HS looks soft. The hair's extremelly toyetic and the skin texture's not blowing me away. Looking at previous figures they appear good enough, around BCS quality. But I already (mostly) paid off the BCS stuff, you know? And I partially got the modern Doctor because my mum liked the show a lot. The point is, I don't have to account for another 300-500 figure which I hadn't planned for, on top of the ones I was prepared for. Do I even like Twin Peaks, and Cooper as a character, enough to pay that? There's too much, too fast, and I'm spreading myself thin trying to cover all the properties. I'll probably be passing. At this point, I can't be spending that much cash on guys with a suit and tie, especially if the price is not equivalent to the quality. I hope it comes out good enough for those more into the property than me however.

This hobby is getting too rich for my blood, but I'm fine paying more for something I love if the quality's there. 500$ IA figures with detailed bases and rooted hair and everything is better value than a mediocre plasticky 300$ figure. My days of buying whatever I merely liked are behind me. I've got to stick to my rules moving forward.

Peaks and Wayne were never in my wheel house, but Lugosi and Nosferatu are. Sadly, due to what I've seen from this company I can't give them my money. More accurately I can't give them what they are asking. As a collector I've learned I can live without. I'm with you Victor. There have to be some rules, or this hobby can get out of hand. I'm glad InArt has stepped in. I'm not dropping $500 on something just like that. I know the market is reaching that $300 mark, but that doesn't mean everyone can charge that and get away with it. Well, I guess they could. It just isn't going to be my money.

Peaks and Wayne were never in my wheel house, but Lugosi and Nosferatu are. Sadly, due to what I've seen from this company I can't give them my money. More accurately I can't give them what they are asking. As a collector I've learned I can live without. I'm with you Victor. There have to be some rules, or this hobby can get out of hand. I'm glad InArt has stepped in. I'm not dropping $500 on something just like that. I know the market is reaching that $300 mark, but that doesn't mean everyone can charge that and get away with it. Well, I guess they could. It just isn't going to be my money.
Exactly. The long waits make these things seem too far off, and before you know it you're due 300$ every end of the month. Granted, anyone who's in this hobby isn't going to go bankrupt over 300$, but still, it piles up. And that's without mentioning every other expense. Or the state of the world now. These are funky times to be playing fast and loose with such ammounts.

But for me it comes down to displaying. I mentioned my BCS Doctors, and I always planned on displaying them together in their own little corner. Now with Exo-6, I can easily pair them with Kirk & Spock. E6 are doing good work, but they're not quite HT level, so I can group those together both thematically (Classic Sci-Fi), stylistically (guys in suits & guys in uniforms; nothing too over the top) and quality-wise. But I can't replicate that with every single figure. I know that all my SW & Marvel figures will be of the same quality. Same goes for the DC/WB ones now with IA. A surprise here and there from some big franchises I can squeeze in, but I can't go around pairing completely different tiers of realism.

I'll drop the 300$ and even the 500$, but not just for anything, and not without any planning as to where such a figure could fit. The high of a new buy goes away too fast, so there can be no impulse buys or anything that I cannot see myself still liking a decade later.

As a fellow Italian I’ll support KP and order it. I believe it’s a good thing to support small businesses which are trying to do things by the book, instead of the usual third parties getting unlicensed figures out.

I also hope they’ll continue to grow and offer better products as time goes by.

As a fellow Italian I’ll support KP and order it. I believe it’s a good thing to support small businesses which are trying to do things by the book, instead of the usual third parties getting unlicensed figures out.

I've thought of that myself, but the economy is too bloody messed up for me to be taking such risks. Maybe if I cared more for Cooper as a character I'd go for it. I hope they do improve and go after some lesser known licenses. I'd buy a Count Of Monte Cristo no matter what, for example. Caviezel, De Partie, anything. That's a character I'd both drop a 500$ on for an IA level figure, and also be able to ignore some faults of a 300$ one. But Cooper... I enjoy Twin Peaks for its Lynchness, but as a character himself I can't say he speaks to me that way.

Hey, maybe they could go after the "Young Pope" license and give me a Jude Law Pope with his Cherry Coke and cigs.

KP have dabbled in unlicensed too - Gladiator, Django, Rocky, etc.

I think the best they've been was with their ancients range.

Fabio's an old hand in the game. Do you remember his Twisting Toyz company (founded 2002)? I think he broke new ground back then with WWII Italian troops, but they must've been quite localised as I didn't hear about them until much later. I'd been collecting DML's military since 1999.

Oof that hair lacks detail and depth. I like they're doing Cooper, but with the price they charge for their latest figures, I doubt this will be worth it.

D25D275C-3EBF-4896-81DF-16434F5A2BDE.jpeg

Back