Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willl it have sculpted hair? I'd love the wolfman to have a haired option.
I don't have that information.

If I were to speculate based on everything they have done up to this point, I would guess sculpted though. Not even Betomatalli did fiber/faux hair for his super duper Wolfman release.

Is it exclusive to me, or is anyone else getting mildly annoyed that Horror of Dracula isn't shipped to us yet? I would make a terrible Green Lantern. I didn't have the willpower to resist ordering, and now I haven't much more patience in waiting for it.

No, I get the feeling. I only tend to get impatient though if I’m told an exact date or time. I’ll impatiently wait for UPS to drop off my package the day they say it’s coming but if that item shipped 6 months later than originally anticipated I’m not bothered by that. It’s only that final stretch that really gets to me.

Really hope they’ve gotten those box images figured out so they can get these out and move on to the Phantom and Wolfman.

I’m circling back around to considering this. The 2-pack is on waitlist at SS, but looks like KP still has some preorder slots available. However I do have a few questions for those who’ve been paying closer attention…

1) what is the 3rd Cushing sculpt? I only see 2 expressions in all the photos. Are there 2 neutral sculpts, one each with hat on and hat off?

2) I don’t know this company well. Prototypes look great but I heard some bad things about their Twin Peaks Agent Cooper final product. Was that a fluke or are they consistently underwhelming with production?

Thanks for the tips, also eyeing their Toshiro Mifune Ronin.

The exclusive versions have three head sculpts for each character.

Christopher Lee as Dracula – Exclusive Edition

Features:
– 3 Lifelike Handpainted Headsculpts (1958 Likeness)
– 1 Fully Articulated Body
– 8 Interchangeable Hands (No Wrist Pegs)
– 1 Black Jacket With Working Buttons And Eyelets
– 1 Black Gilet
– 1 Pair Of Black Pants
– 1 White Shirt
– 1 Black Tie
– 1 Pair Of Black Boots (Magnetic)
– 1 Black Cape
– 1 Candelabra
– 1 Magnetic Stand

Lee:

91436b-1200x1804.jpg

200528s65bozlu5zf252kg__59872.1681262310.jpg

441753-340649610-916509549669814-4126228579026093801-n.jpg

Last edited:
Cushing:

Peter Cushing as Van Helsing – Exclusive Edition

Features:
– 3 Lifelike Handpainted Headsculpts (1958 Likeness)
– 1 Fully Articulated Body
– 8 Interchangeable Gloved Hands
– 1 Grey Jacket With Working Buttons And Eyelets
– 1 Red Gilet
– 1 Pair Of Grey Pants
– 1 White Shirt
– 1 Black Tie
– 1 Long Coat
– 1 Scarf
– 1 Pair Of Black Boots (Magnetic)
– 1 Hammer
– 1 Stake
– 1 Cross
– 2 Candelabras
– 1 Magnetic Stand
figura-peter-cushing-van-helsing-horror-of-dracula-deluxe-infinite-statue-kaustic-plastik-comprar.jpg

figura-peter-cushing-van-helsing-horror-of-dracula-deluxe-infinite-statue-kaustic-plastik-comprar.jpg

dracula-and-van-helsing_dracula_gallery_6436fa9802e23.jpg

Last edited:
I’m circling back around to considering this. The 2-pack is on waitlist at SS, but looks like KP still has some preorder slots available. However I do have a few questions for those who’ve been paying closer attention…

1) what is the 3rd Cushing sculpt? I only see 2 expressions in all the photos. Are there 2 neutral sculpts, one each with hat on and hat off?

2) I don’t know this company well. Prototypes look great but I heard some bad things about their Twin Peaks Agent Cooper final product. Was that a fluke or are they consistently underwhelming with production?

Thanks for the tips, also eyeing their Toshiro Mifune Ronin.

The deluxe come with additional neutral sculpts for both character figures.

Do go on the waitlist because your order will almost inevitably convert. I missed out on two KP figure sets (Fonzie and Dracula) and both of my waitlists converted. Oddly, the Dracula converted just a week ago almost a year after the figure sold through, but I already bought one from KG in 2022. For some reason Sideshow has Dracula up for order after so long as if nothing changed.

I believe this Hammer Dracula deluxe set is a much smaller limited edition, so it's hard to say how guaranteed you are of a waitlist conversion. If you want one and KP still has it up for preorder then maybe it's a better gamble to start there.

KP had some fine figures with Inspector Clouseau, Dracula, Nosferatu, and most recently Fonzie. Their Twin Peaks Agent Cooper was a real disaster mostly around a poor paint job. It looks like a Sideshow figure from 20 years ago and not nearly the kind of quality we'd expect in today's high-end 1:6 market. I'd say it was a fluke compared to their other releases. However, KP still has some work ahead of them to get up to the finest quality. I find all their figures have lazy sculpt and paint apps on the hair - every figure has a thick glossy clayish/plastic-like cap of hair that lacks detail or variation. Again, not up to today's standards, but that's just the hair. I'm hoping the Hammer set will be better and come in closer to their best work rather than their weakest. We'll really only know when the set is released, but if the Hammer property is important to you then maybe take the risk like most of us did.

Just got another delay notice from Sideshow. It's not expected to ship until later this summer. Bummer!

Yes, its putting a serious damper on my excitement. They shouldn't require people to pay for a product over a year in advance, and its delay after delay. Its basically an interest free loan, for over priced products, to be able to have the "privilege" of securing one. I am getting really jaded by modern selling and collecting practices.

Yes, its putting a serious damper on my excitement. They shouldn't require people to pay for a product over a year in advance, and its delay after delay. Its basically an interest free loan, for over priced products, to be able to have the "privilege" of securing one. I am getting really jaded by modern selling and collecting practices.
Yeah, Kaustic Plastik was way too optimistic with that original projected shipping date. They put the figures up for preorder in April 2023, so naturally I would have expected them to release at least a year later. Both Nosferatu and Lugosi had about a year between preorder and release. That 8 month turnaround was too good to be true.

I also got a delay notice from Sideshow yesterday. Not like I didn't expect it. Their projected release date was around this time, in early first-quarter of 2024, which was never believable, especially for two complete figures with a multitude of accessories. Their Fonzie just shipped last month and Hammer was a much later preorder. I am a little surprised that the revised timeline was pushed to July/August, which skips a full season and puts us into the third-quarter. Things change and sometimes the dates jump the queue and surprisingly ship early, but sometimes these things drag on much farther. It could go in any direction. Is there any fear of the Hammer set pushing into autumn of this year? I'm fine with the summer and don't mind hanging onto my money a little longer.

Well, only a deposit it required. And that’s really only in response to too many people preordering something for free only to cancel when it came time to pay. That lead to lots of unsold inventory that had to be clearanced out. The deposit better insures only those that really the item are preordering the item, keeping edition sizes lower and better in line with the actual demand.

Sure, the downside is that collectors now have a wait and see approach to see if the final product turned out OK because we too have been burned with subpar products and the editions may be actually too small for the demand and that more could have actually been sold. The closer companies can keep to the prototype the more trust and potential preorders they might earn.

I’m not saying I like the modern system either but I get why it’s the way it is now. Things like Sideshow’s flex pay option are nice but as you said could be viewed as a bit of an interest free loan. But they at least don’t charge any extra for it so for those that would rather pay little amounts over time rather than one larger sum all at once, it can be a nice way to break up those bigger purchases.

The inaccurate timelines are frustrating though. Some arrive much earlier than originally told and others can be much later than anticipated. I’m generally OK with either, I just hate when it causes things to bunch up and now I’ve got a bunch shipping all at once rather than more spread out like was originally anticipated. First world problems I suppose.

Hasbro and McFarlane have gotten a better handle on these kind of things than the high end manufacturers. They have maybe only a month or 3 preorder window before the items ship. Sometimes they even show up in stores before the actual reveals and preorders happen. You never see that with a 1:6 figure :lol

Well, only a deposit it required. And that’s really only in response to too many people preordering something for free only to cancel when it came time to pay. That lead to lots of unsold inventory that had to be clearanced out. The deposit better insures only those that really the item are preordering the item, keeping edition sizes lower and better in line with the actual demand.

Sure, the downside is that collectors now have a wait and see approach to see if the final product turned out OK because we too have been burned with subpar products and the editions may be actually too small for the demand and that more could have actually been sold. The closer companies can keep to the prototype the more trust and potential preorders they might earn.

I’m not saying I like the modern system either but I get why it’s the way it is now. Things like Sideshow’s flex pay option are nice but as you said could be viewed as a bit of an interest free loan. But they at least don’t charge any extra for it so for those that would rather pay little amounts over time rather than one larger sum all at once, it can be a nice way to break up those bigger purchases.

The inaccurate timelines are frustrating though. Some arrive much earlier than originally told and others can be much later than anticipated. I’m generally OK with either, I just hate when it causes things to bunch up and now I’ve got a bunch shipping all at once rather than more spread out like was originally anticipated. First world problems I suppose.

Hasbro and McFarlane have gotten a better handle on these kind of things than the high end manufacturers. They have maybe only a month or 3 preorder window before the items ship. Sometimes they even show up in stores before the actual reveals and preorders happen. You never see that with a 1:6 figure :lol
I paid for mine upfront entirely. I am starting to think its better to just wait and see if I can get one when the product is released.

Back