Kaustic Plastik/Infinite Statue 1:6 Lon Chaney’s Phantom of the Opera Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think KP is going to have a hard time selling the Deluxe and the Exclusive. Phantom is cool, but he's not as popular as Lugosi, Lee or Cushing. They would have been better off just having two options (Standard and Deluxe), each with two sculpts (one ghoul sculpt and one masked sculpt).

for 600$ you won't get a headsculpt
Sure can. You can get a 3D sculpted head sculpt (in z brush if I am remembering correctly, but I could be wrong with the program title) for under $200. Then print them to your heart's content. I have painted multiple runs for small figure makers. I inquired as to what it would cost to get a pet project done. They clued me in on the fact that it isn't as costly as you think. There are plenty of artists that aren't charging a small fortune for their work. The work is good too. Shop around.

I think KP is going to have a hard time selling the Deluxe and the Exclusive. Phantom is cool, but he's not as popular as Lugosi, Lee or Cushing. They would have been better off just having two options (Standard and Deluxe), each with two sculpts (one ghoul sculpt and one masked sculpt).
Long before Sideshow, I really pined for something like this. When Sideshow did their Phantom pf, and Don Post re-released their Phantom Calendar mask, and now NECA has given us an amazing looking figure for its scale and price, my desire for something like this has waned a tad. If the Exclusive would have been available, with the mask, from Sideshow's website (or any US based retailer) I would've jumped on it like an 2000 lb water buffalo on a turnip truck.

same, if it’s listed on Sideshow, I’d grab the exclusive in a heartbeat. Shipping from KP site means I have to ship it from Italy to the US and then to Asia, because shipping an item that huge and heavy directly to Asia will cost a fortune.

Anyway, just got an email confirmation from KP that I will get the web gift mask. That’s a relief!

same, if it’s listed on Sideshow, I’d grab the exclusive in a heartbeat. Shipping from KP site means I have to ship it from Italy to the US and then to Asia, because shipping an item that huge and heavy directly to Asia will cost a fortune.

Anyway, just got an email confirmation from KP that I will get the web gift mask. That’s a relief!
Did you send them an email asking if you will be receiving the mask, or did they just email you? Curious because I did not receive a notification...

I wanted the Phantom but with the mask exclusive and how much shipping and taxes are ordering directly from Kaustic Plastik I’m not sure anymore.

Would have wanted him with the organ too but that’s going to be expensive. Might just pass all together or maybe just get the figure. Not sure..

I wanted the Phantom but with the mask exclusive and how much shipping and taxes are ordering directly from Kaustic Plastik I’m not sure anymore.

Would have wanted him with the organ too but that’s going to be expensive. Might just pass all together or maybe just get the figure. Not sure..
I am the same. It isn't a matter of "can I afford this?" as much as it is "Do I want this badly enough to pay extreme shipping and jump through hoops to get it?" For me, it's all or nothing. If i don't think I will go for the whole sheebang, I can just skip it. I went whole hog on Horror of Dracula. Looks like I am skipping Erik.

Did you send them an email asking if you will be receiving the mask, or did they just email you? Curious because I did not receive a notification...
I send them an email, asking for confirmation about the mask.
But logically, since you ordered yours on the website before I ordered mine, you will definitely receive the mask.

They would have been also better with rooted hair (doesn´t seem difficult to implement).

With as little hair as the Phantom has, sculpted was definitely the best route. He’d have likely ended up with too little hair or way too much hair if they went rooted. It’s really only an added benefit when the character has long hair. Shorter hair is much better sculpted.

With as little hair as the Phantom has, sculpted was definitely the best route. He’d have likely ended up with too little hair or way too much hair if they went rooted. It’s really only an added benefit when the character has long hair. Shorter hair is much better sculpted.
Common sense on display there. ^^^^^

They really should have went the whole hog and gave us a full head and mask sculpt. A swap out dressing gown would have been nice too. I'd rather those than the violin and stand.

The organ would have been enough for the exclusive.

1713780328385.png

Last edited:
from that image.. it seems like the mask is wearable now, not decorative only!
They keep changing things.. weird.

Edit: they just replied "we are working on it to make it wearable.
😉
" Which is good news!

They also changed the promo pic with the 3D sculpt:

before:
20240416_052521.jpg

after:
438805422_930730152391409_3594489541250532121_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back