Kaiyodo: Alien Big Chap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should is right! But it's pretty hard to beat the accuracy of this one:

image.jpg

If anything, he doesn't have the static pose most folks seem to dislike.....

Plus it has the wrist ribs, elbow spurs, mouth tendons, and paired fingers:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 305
Here's my 20" NECA.
He has all the details, like tendons, elbow/foot spikes, hoses.
Not a bad figure, a bit dusty though. Might put a coat of gloss on him....

20150126_170341_zpsfee97628.jpg
20150126_170256_zpsc22a8c85.jpg

I LOVE the 22" Neca. It's the next generation Kenner Alien!

Can't wait for the new improved version by Kyle Windrix....aka Tankman on the forums...
image.jpg
He said ever since the Roswell statue came out, (an almost exact replica of Giger's original sculpt from the life cast of Bolaji Badejo, in Gruyere),
image.jpg---and a ton of new reference pictures have surfaced on the internet, he's wanted to improve upon the sculpt. The head mostly and articulation since the first version is posed a specific way with cut joints. Looks phenomenal so far!
I hope the paint job is as good as the original 22" neca.
Although he may have smoothed up the skin....the actual sculpt had molting skin, which Giger also requested to be added to the Cinemaquette sculpt.

Btw for anyone who has preordered this,
Kenner Alien 24" jumbo is shipping soon...
This is one sculpt that Giger himself praised for its faithfulness to the look...:)
This thing is huge considering it's a full 6" taller than the original Kenner....
image.jpg

Under $200, 20" tall, and it looks like that? Sounds good to me. I'd love to customize the front of the dome so it doesn't stick so far over the upper lip.

Last edited:
$250 at Big Bad Toy Store before shipping. Damn. I wonder if AmiAmi will be cheaper ($175 before shipping). :gah:

So far hobby link japan has it the cheapest, followed by amiami, and hobby search....don't be fooled by the percentage of discount since some sellers are comparing to a higher msrp than others...

I LOVE the 22" Neca. It's the next generation Kenner Alien!

Can't wait for the new improved version by Kyle Windrix....aka Tankman on the forums...
View attachment 161538
He said ever since the Roswell statue came out, (an almost exact replica of Giger's original sculpt from the life cast of Bolaji Badejo, in Gruyere),
View attachment 161540---and a ton of new reference pictures have surfaced on the internet, he's wanted to improve upon the sculpt. The head mostly and articulation since the first version is posed a specific way with cut joints. Looks phenomenal so far!
I hope the paint job is as good as the original 22" neca.
Although he may have smoothed up the skin....the actual sculpt had molting skin, which Giger also requested to be added to the Cinemaquette sculpt.

I just hope NECA can get a great factory to handle the 1/4 Alien, and that they do all the stuff Kyle was planning for it (moving lips, chrome teeth, clear nails)...

As for this Kaiyodo statue, it's kinda meh for me.
I like the sculpt well enough for the small Revoltech figure, but blown up like that, it just doesn't work for me.

I've just started looking into getting some Alien pieces and this has interested me. I'm new to this so I don't really know what's out there. Are there any other Big Chaps this size available from other companies? I do like the look of this but soft vinyl kind of turns me off. I was going to start with the Sideshow Big Chap bust but after reading all of the posts on here I'm hesitant to buy it as my first piece.

Back