Kaiburr's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiburr

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm reposting a few things that got lost in time, my Hem the Arcona and Ishi Tib sculpts. I hope you like em!

IMG_0098.JPGIMG_0099.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks RW! Happy to show you more. Currently a lot of things half finished but that's kind of the story of my life! These were shots of the alien Arcona taken before paint. And then I hollowed out his eyes and added crushed green and orange glass under vacuformed lenses. The blueish guyliner is just the masking frisket... More to come!

Thanks RW! Happy to show you more. Currently a lot of things half finished but that's kind of the story of my life! These were shots of the alien Arcona taken before paint. And then I hollowed out his eyes and added crushed green and orange glass under vacuformed lenses. The blueish guyliner is just the masking frisket... More to come!

Lol!! Know how ya' feel. I have drawers of half-finished projects. Love the HS, and exceptional work on the eyes. I have a few HS of the cantina denizens. I really should give one of them a try. Always wrapped up w/ the Clones though, lol! I'll be lookin' forward to seeing this guy finished. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, it's getting so my girlfriend refers of me as the seventy five percent guy. Though this year I intend to break the trend! And a fine example is this big dude I finally started a few days ago. He's still very much "in process" but the blocking out is done...

Attachments

• amanda.jpg
    amanda.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yeah, it's getting so my girlfriend refers of me as the seventy five percent guy. Though this year I intend to break the trend! And a fine example is this big dude I finally started a few days ago. He's still very much "in process" but the blocking out is done...

Lol!! I'm selling off most of my loose parts so I can make room to finish some projects, and fund one's that are actually going to get done. Nice Ammanaman! I think there's an ongoing discussion on how to approach building this guy. The "in process" looks good though, you're definitely heading in the right direction.

Thanks guys! Yeah my plan is to mimic the Hasbro figure, his joints really do fall on heavily creased areas anyway and I really don't want to mess with foam and wire Gumby version I had originally planned.
Can't wait to get to the staff and may even make the corpse he keeps next to him. My process usually involves making throwaway mold and a wax refining version, so that tedium is next. He's always been one of my favorite aliens in Jabba's menagerie. Silly and dreadful all at once!

Thanks guys! Amanaman is now kicking around in wax form. He's a fun creature to do, hope you all like him. Can't wait to build his staff!

Best,
Nathan

I decided to redo the arm with that amazing CX5 wax. Anyone use this stuff? I feel like an idiot having not used it before. Anyway, I digress. These arms haven't been refined but give an idea of just how freaking big this guys gets once they're added. Thanks for the encouragement guys, still having fun with this bizarro!

Nathan

Thank much, Chaka! I'll be traveling all of next month, so Amanaman will be on hold. If there is enough interested in him, I'll see if molding would be a realistic goal for July. Please send me a pm if you're one of his fans!

FINALLY back from the UK. So I picked up ole Arcona again and started working out a body configuration. I never liked the artists interpretations of this guy so I kind of took liberties. The feet will be much better realized but I modelled the tail after a Morray eel and gutted his eyes out to house broken yellow and green glass.

Nathan

Been a while since posting. Life carries you away, huh? THought I'd show Obi-Wan's house as it stands. I haven't painted it finally and decorated it but I'm happy with how it's all coming together. Hope you all dig this!

Attachments

• ObiWanEmptyHouse.jpg
    ObiWanEmptyHouse.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 118
Been a while since posting. Life carries you away, huh? THought I'd show Obi-Wan's house as it stands. I haven't painted it finally and decorated it but I'm happy with how it's all coming together. Hope you all dig this!

Absolutly amazing!! I thought my diorama's were big but this must be huge....can't wait to see it with figures. Great job kaiburr!!

Back