K-2SO Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of disappointed in how the eyes are powered using only batteries, but I'm not surprised.

However given the height of the head at almost 8 feet tall, it's going to be awkward for most to remove the top half of the head to press the damn on switch!

I hope I'm missing something, but if there isn't a more easier to access on switch, then that's just plain ridiculous.

They just LOVE them batteries don't they? This should have been hardwired with a plug. Run the wire through the base out of sight.

Just been notified he's in the country, I should get shipping notice this week. I'm going to put him in my living room for the first couple of months before moving him in the cinema room next to R2.

Battery gripes aside, i think it is Ridiculous that there isnt a more elegant way to turn the lights on, why not just a switch anywhere on him. It's so expensive but taking off his head is just like reducing it to a giant hot toys power pose figure, not the premium piece it should be

Battery gripes aside, i think it is Ridiculous that there isnt a more elegant way to turn the lights on, why not just a switch anywhere on him. It's so expensive but taking off his head is just like reducing it to a giant hot toys power pose figure, not the premium piece it should be

Yea absolutely agree, if they put touch sensors on the Premium format version and the Iron Giant, why not this.
I'm hoping to be surprised when I put it together and there is an alternate way to switch him on.

Yea absolutely agree, if they put touch sensors on the Premium format version and the Iron Giant, why not this.
I'm hoping to be surprised when I put it together and there is an alternate way to switch him on.

I wouldn't count on it as they would have advertised it in the video or anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, I just don't want to be messing with parts to showcase its best feature, and worry about the battery life. I know they prob avoided touch sensors to save money and also reduce returns/replacements for a piece this big.

If you don't care about loose wires hanging from the back of the head etc, it might be worth trying to get some sort of battery eliminator connected to the mains, in conjunction with one of those outlet radio/wifi remotes, so you can easily switch it on and off.

Well the day has finally arrived, I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited....
Except, my wife won't let me put it together until I finish staining the deck today.... she's holding me to ransom....

IMG_0158.jpg

You know how your always surprised when a statue arrives and you know its going to be big, but your still surprised at the size of it. Well multiple that by 10. I knew K2 was huge, but man what a presence, his arms and hands alone are huge. His waist comes up to my chest. I know he's a CGI figure in the movie, but if he was real, I can't help but imagine how threatening this must have been for the rebels.... you understand why Jyn was nervous around him.....

OK so the base is the same as R2, but twice as heavy, obviously for stability reasons. You definitely need 3 people to put him together. The legs are metal and very heavy, they give K2 his support due to his massive height. The body and arms is fibreglass but a lot of weight to him, heavier than I thought it would be.
And finally the head, yes what a pain to put the eyes on over time, I'm sure they could have come up with a better way, lucky I'm over 6 foot so I can just reach pulling his top half of the head off. Look if thats the only quirk, I can live with it. I'm over the moon with this, its far exceeded my expectations, my family freak out every time they enter the room, they forget he's there. This is a very imposing figure, one that will put a smile on my face for the rest of my life.

IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg

Back