K-2SO Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes sense. Rogue One is Star Wars in most people's minds for right now, right up until episode 8 comes out later this year. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Sideshow's prospective buyers wouldn't even know who IG-88 is.

The only surprising thing to me is that we didn't see a life-size BB-8 announced alongside The Force Awakens. Talk about brand/character identification... that would sell like crazy.

blasphemy! : )

I want this so bad but knowing SSC it'll be like $8-$10K which means I'll just be a hoop dream.

giphy.gif

Exactly! :lol

So anyone with 8' ceilings are out. How many people left after that think this character is important and awesome enough to own a $10000+ life sized piece?

Seems like a REALLY strange choice

10000% agree with you bro! Hardcore fans of course will not... This whole thing is a BUSINESS, lets not forget about that. Its a popularity contest. BB-8 would have sold out immediately (depending on price of course).

Of course it's a business, but I'm just failing to see the business sense. I know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes, and I don't have factual numbers on anything, but I'd just assume that this wouldn't be something that many people want a life sized version of. Hell, I'm still on the fence whether I want to jump in on the 1/6 line!

I am guessing that the logic for Sideshow is to make this thing and display it at SDCC to draw fans to their booth and get exposure to their other collectibles, price it at a point where they make a little profit on each piece and basically make the thing to order. If they sell 5, make 5, if they sell 50 make 50... It's a marketing tool to drive profits on other pieces through increased visibility versus a profit driver from sales of the product. Just my opinion...

Back