K-2SO Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing that the logic for Sideshow is to make this thing and display it at SDCC to draw fans to their booth and get exposure to their other collectibles, price it at a point where they make a little profit on each piece and basically make the thing to order. If they sell 5, make 5, if they sell 50 make 50... It's a marketing tool to drive profits on other pieces through increased visibility versus a profit driver from sales of the product. Just my opinion...

Nailed it. I don't have a problem with this if it actually achieves them that greater visibility, and in turn helps fund more 1/4 statues.

So, has anyone pulled the trigger on this?
Wonder why they put it on the Millennium Falcon base? Also for the money it should be able to talk like the life size C-3PO they released.
It's still tempting, it's one of those pieces they'll never release again and be very rare.

So, has anyone pulled the trigger on this?
Wonder why they put it on the Millennium Falcon base? Also for the money it should be able to talk like the life size C-3PO they released.
It's still tempting, it's one of those pieces they'll never release again and be very rare.

Get it..... get it......

It's only $11,999.99 AUD over at Popcultcha.

Or you can use pennies and get 10% off or wait and pray for a 20% off sale.

Yep made to order I'm sure or they made like 50 and called it a day...

Release must be eminent, the instructions have just been posted on there site.
I’m so excited, if anyone still wants one in Australia popculture only has 1 left for preorder.
At 2.4 met tall, this thing will look awesome in my living room....

Release must be eminent, the instructions have just been posted on there site.
I’m so excited, if anyone still wants one in Australia popculture only has 1 left for preorder.
At 2.4 met tall, this thing will look awesome in my living room....

I'm thinking you're probably one on the few on these forums who's actively interested in these large scale pieces. And I'm wondering how many Popcultcha actually had allocated to them. Some Sideshow 1/4 scale pieces they can have over a hundred, whereas some 1/3 pieces it can be as little as a few dozen or less. So I'm guessing they might have only had a handful.

I like this piece, but if I'm honest I actually don't like most of the other life size pieces that Sideshow puts out. I was actually thinking on getting an Iron Man piece, but I seriously dislike the poses they have their current line up in.

I'm thinking you're probably one on the few on these forums who's actively interested in these large scale pieces. And I'm wondering how many Popcultcha actually had allocated to them. Some Sideshow 1/4 scale pieces they can have over a hundred, whereas some 1/3 pieces it can be as little as a few dozen or less. So I'm guessing they might have only had a handful.

I like this piece, but if I'm honest I actually don't like most of the other life size pieces that Sideshow puts out. I was actually thinking on getting an Iron Man piece, but I seriously dislike the poses they have their current line up in.

The only lifesize pieces I’m interested in are the droids. I wouldn’t get Darth Vader or Boba.
I wouldn’t think popculture got many of these. I tried to ask them how many lifesize R2 units they got when I bought mine but they wouldn’t tell me. Don’t know why it’s a big secret.

The only lifesize pieces I’m interested in are the droids. I wouldn’t get Darth Vader or Boba.
I wouldn’t think popculture got many of these. I tried to ask them how many lifesize R2 units they got when I bought mine but they wouldn’t tell me. Don’t know why it’s a big secret.

You can usually see how much remaining stock they have allocated for preorder just by seeing how many maximum pieces you can add to your cart for any given piece. I usually do this at time of preorder and when the item comes into stock.

And for pieces I haven't preorder but I'm on the fence on I do the same, to ensure I don't miss out on a piece.

I'm kind of disappointed in how the eyes are powered using only batteries, but I'm not surprised.

However given the height of the head at almost 8 feet tall, it's going to be awkward for most to remove the top half of the head to press the damn on switch!

I hope I'm missing something, but if there isn't a more easier to access on switch, then that's just plain ridiculous.

I've been checking daily for this vid and you beat me to it..... must be shipping any day now.
The wait begins, I hope popculture get it real soon, I'm so excited to get this.

Couple of things, yea I'm disappointed with the switch to the lights, lucky I'm over 6 foot myself, not like the short dude in the vid. Why didn't they make a touch sensor like the PF statues.
And 2nd gutted he doesn't speak, for the money I'd love it to say some phrases from the movie.
When C-3PO came out years ago he spoke many phrases.

Anyway I'll post pics once he's in the house.........

Back