Justified Discussion -Spoilers-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to place your bets? Who lives? Who dies?

24 hours.

SnakeDoc

Can't even think about it. This just doesn't feel like its ready to end. Its not like this show has went Dexter the last couple seasons or something, if anything its arguably gotten better each season and has damn few missteps, pretty much a ****ing epic masterpiece to go 6 seasons with such strong story throughout. Its going to be a sad watch knowing this is the sign off.

Can't even think about it. This just doesn't feel like its ready to end. Its not like this show has went Dexter the last couple seasons or something, if anything its arguably gotten better each season and has damn few missteps, pretty much a ****ing epic masterpiece to go 6 seasons with such strong story throughout. Its going to be a sad watch knowing this is the sign off.

Olyphant wanted to end it before it started slacking like every series does when it jumps the shark or they have a baby. :lol I'm glad for that, a lot of shows I loved made it hard for me to do so their last few seasons. Only a matter of time before they start doing the same story over, or send Raylan to New York City for some ridiculous fish out of water storyline. It'd be just like Sutherland and Harrelson in The Cowboy Way. No thanks. :lol

Prior to Justified, only one Raylan short story was set in Kentucky. The rest were in Miami, mostly, and some in Italy. Leonard apparently liked the 'fish out of water' stuff. It'd be interesting to see them adapt the other Givens storylines. But, they cannibalized some of the plot twists and dialogue from those stories for Justified, so it'd be hard to make a straight adaptation of Pronto or Riding the Rap without it feeling awfully familiar.

It'd be more interesting to see them try to revive Karen Sisco (Jennifer Lopez's character from Out of Sight, and from the Carla Gugino TV show). Her character intersected with Raylan in Season 3 of Justified (they changed her last name to a married name for copyright purposes).

SnakeDoc

I'm glad they didn't go that route with the show. I'd honestly hate to see Raylan at a trendy NYC martini bar trying to order bourbon.

Putting odds on surviving tonight ...

Raylan, 85%. If anybody takes him out, I'm thinking it'll be Boon.
Boyd, 5%. Dead, dead, dead. Maybe Ava. Maybe Raylan. Almost no way the villain walks away from this trainwreck he caused.
Ava, 60%.
Duffy, 75%. He's a cockroach.
Boon, 15%. I think we're going to get the high noon showdown they've been teasing. I think he'll lose. But, there's a chance he won't.
Markham, 10%.
Tim, 90%. If they were going to kill him, they would've done it a couple of episodes ago.
Rachel, 95%.
Art, 95%.

Forgetting anybody?

SnakeDoc

All makes sense.

Duffy is definitely going to live to see another RV office in another state.
Ava should end up dead, but will probably just go back to prison.
Boyd is already dead, he just doesn't know it.
Raylan won't die. Boon will.
Markham will be left broken and alone. I don't know who would kill him.
Tim, Rachel and Art are all going to go on to better things.

Very good, very fitting ending. That last scene was perfect - I wasn't expecting to, but I got choked up. Knowing I won't see the two of them again, it's sad.

On a lighter note, the show managed to sneak an F word onto TV when Raylan was flipping through The Friends of Eddie Coyle. :lol

Great finale.

Glad Boyd didn't end up dead. We knew, deep down, Raylan didn't want to kill him.

The shoot-out was great. I liked how Boone went for the head, and missed, just like he mentioned a few episodes ago.

Great Ending! At first I was thinking there would be more blood, but now I like what they did. Except... Raylan and his miserable life in Miami. :) Seem forced.

justified-coal.gif

Great ending. Who'd've guessed they'd all leave Harlan alive? But, it makes sense. Raylan told Boyd early on, "You make me pull, I'll put you down." Boyd knows he can't outdraw Raylan. So, he won't make him pull. He dares him to murder him, but won't let the killing be justified. Perfect. And, it shows a little bit of growth from Raylan since the beginning ... he won't shoot on sight.

I liked the brief glimpses of Ellen May, Limehouse and Duffy when they were talking about how Ava got out. And, it's great that Duffy got away with the money. And, the dog grooming business on the van was called "Down on all Fours Dog Grooming". Heh.

That showdown with Boon was everything I hoped it would be. I liked that he kept a trophy from it. The fedora looked ridiculous on him, though. Raylan looks weird dressed like a hipster.

SnakeDoc

Anybody wanting memorabilia? They're apparently auctioning off all kinds of stuff ... including Raylan's boots, holster and nameplate, Boyd's wardrobe, Art's stapler, Tim's Wanted Posters, decorations from Johnny's Bar, Judge Reardon's speedo, Darryl Crowe's 1985 Suburban, Limehouse's rubber dead pig ... and that guy's sawed-off foot from Season 4. Almost 800 items.

Screenbid

Place your bids.

SnakeDoc

Scrolled past everything to say I have to wait until tonight to watch the finale and it's driving me nuts. :lol But did see your auction post. Cool stuff.

I want Mags' cooler!
It's funny, every time I see her in something, I call her Nina (long i). That was her character on The Riches. Anyone remember that show? Wish it had garnered a better following since it was canceled early. One of the earlier original series on F/X, before it caught on and every cable channel started doing their own good original programming. Great show and cast. But I connected with Nina and that's who she'll always be to me, even thought she was superb as Mags.

Another happy customer here. I kind of like that it ended on a pretty light note. The show could be dark as hell, but that happy ending worked out.
Boyd deserved to either die or end up in jail, and in the situation they were in, Raylan taking him in was the right choice.

I don't put much stock in awards shows. I never watch them, and only barely pay attention. But, it's a goddamn travesty that Justified got zero Emmy nominations this go 'round. Its finale was among the best I've ever seen. Every bit as good as Breaking Bad and The Shield.

I haven't seen all the shows that were nominated ... but my understanding is that House of Cards was not good this season, Game of Thrones was a down year until the last few episodes, and Mad Men got more of a lifetime achievement nomination.

Olyphant, Goggins, Jonathan Tucker, and the show itself deserved to take the award ... a nomination should've been foregone.

SnakeDoc

Back