Justified Discussion -Spoilers-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad loves this show. One of these days I need to get caught up. I've heard nothing but good stuff.

I was a little underwhelmed by last week's episode. It wasn't bad, but it seemed more like a set-up than a good standalone. Lots of homages, a couple of teasers, and Dewey Crowe's goodbye tour. But not much else. It reminded me a bit of a standard Walking Dead episode ... a bunch of filler scenes, and a big ending.

But this week's made up for it. This was a solid episode all around. Revealed some stuff, left some questions unanswered, introduced Elliott, Ava's chess game, brought back Steenburgen and Wynn Duffy, and gave insight into Dellahunt. I liked how offended he was at being called a 'peacock'. Pretty revealing about the character. The big guy in the car was pretty good.

I've never quite understood the weird fascination with Gutterson ... but he was great in this one. And, the realtor was good. Have we seen him before? I want to say he was a regular at Audrey's ... but I might be confusing him with someone else.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
God, the peacock **** and choo choo had me rolling. This show truly gets better by the season. Another great episode, too bad its another step closer to the grave for the show. :(

curious about the "see if they'll ever call me Peacock again"? or it was something along that line when they appeared to be carrying plastic wrap or something in rolls.....Wonder if anything happened to that older couple?

curious about the "see if they'll ever call me Peacock again"? or it was something along that line when they appeared to be carrying plastic wrap or something in rolls.....Wonder if anything happened to that older couple?

Yeah, I'm hoping for a little follow up to that as well.

Just when I get to thinking Better Call Saul might pass up Justified as the best show on TV ...

That was a hell of an hour of television. It's a damn shame they didn't introduce Sam Elliott several seasons ago.

SnakeDoc

They ought to do a Better Call Saul-type spinoff with Wynn Duffy. That'd be entertaining as hell. They could do a highlight reel of just his random death reactions ...

wynn.gif

iAXbly2dtBtQl.gif

lock.gif

tumblr_njll09Elm11qa71fyo3_500.gif

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
They ought to do a Better Call Saul-type spinoff with Wynn Duffy. That'd be entertaining as hell. They could do a highlight reel of just his random death reactions ...

wynn.gif

iAXbly2dtBtQl.gif

lock.gif

View attachment 165555

SnakeDoc

The scene of you last GIF had me fall off my sofa laughing last night. What a GREAT scene. I'm gonna miss this show when it wraps up. At least it looks like this season is going to go out with a bang. :lol

The scene of you last GIF had me fall off my sofa laughing last night. What a GREAT scene. I'm gonna miss this show when it wraps up. At least it looks like this season is going to go out with a bang. :lol

One of the best deaths on the show. Up there with Mr. Picker's cigarette bomb and Danny Crowe's 21-foot-rule mishap.

SnakeDoc

Totally didn't expect old Jakey to, uh, disappear so soon in that episode.

Only got around to watching last week's episode on Sunday. Building to a hell of a conclusion, that's for sure. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Raylan shoots several of the remaining bad guys. ;)
My wife and I both gasped when Loretta handed Dillahunt the apple pie moonshine. :lol

I really don't want Raylan to just shuffle off to Florida and be with Winona. Can't stand her character, and was glad she has only been marginal most of the series. But for a guy like Raylan, it would be almost like what they did to Vic Mackey at the end of The Shield. Art even pointed out that he kept looking for a reason not to go to Florida, trying to find more and more bad guys to chase.

The whole "ChuChu" thing hit me like a stack of bricks this morning. My name in Spanish class was Chucho, and the guy looked Hispanic, so I just figured it was a Hispanic name, then all the train references suddenly dawned on me, that they were calling him Choo Choo not Chuchu.

That one whooshed way over my head.

:lol

Dang. I liked the character of Choo-Choo. He was a total ****, but he was amusing.

Art should be everybody's dad.

I kind of feel bad for choo -choo even though in the end he got want he had coming. I didn't like the extra bad guys added just to be shot.

I hope the kill off the blonde (can't think of her name for some reason) so Boyd will go nuts!

I kind of feel bad for choo -choo even though in the end he got want he had coming. I didn't like the extra bad guys added just to be shot.

I hope the kill off the blonde (can't think of her name for some reason) so Boyd will go nuts!

I think he's about to go nuts with Ava still alive. He may be the one that kills her.

I didn't mind the extra bad guys for cannon fodder. They haven't been all that clear on how big Markham's commando team is. Clearly it's not just the three guys we knew about -- Seabass, Choo-choo, and Sgt. Beard.

SnakeDoc

Four episodes left. I guess this isn't one of the big geek properties. Still a shame it doesn't get more play around here.

Really picking up heading toward the finale. Glad to see Art back in action. Looks like they brought in one last quick-draw artist for Raylan to outdraw sometime down the line ... a Billy the Kid lookalike. Fitting -- they've had somebody like that in most seasons. And, they needed another henchman since the commandos all dropped over the last couple of weeks. That was one stupid scheme by the last commando standing, though. The redhaired guy that ambushed Markham and Hale. He should've just left.

Loretta McCready is going to play a lot bigger role than I thought she would. Seems to be stepping into Mags Bennett's shoes ... and outflanking Markham in the process. Will make for an interesting showdown.

I can't figure out what Ava is doing. She's either playing everybody ... or being played by everybody. Probably the latter.

This season seems like even more of an outright western than the others. Smooth talking land baron coming in and railroading homesteaders. Bank robberies. The next one looks like it might be a near-stagecoach robbery. Cowboy lawman. Gunslinger henchman. And, a big scene and showdown in a pizza parlor that serves whiskey and looks like a saloon.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back