JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Nolan's Justice League?

I don't understand why DC has never been able to capitalize on Wonder Woman since the TV series decades ago. She has a great and in some cases almost cult like fanbase, as long as they don't butcher her, I think they could make a good show based on her.

They try to fix what ain't broke. 'nuff said. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Definitely but if you look at the latest incarnation they didn't get into any of that origin stuff. It focused more on the origins of the team than the characters and if they spin off into their own projects it might work. Batman was able to size them up in a couple of sentences, all you really needed to know and you can backfill in individual jaunts. It's not ideal but doable. The big problem will be if they try to change the characters even more than the New 52 did and really confuse people which films have a tendency to do with comic properties. Or used to.

Only Marvel movies I saw before Avengers were the two Iron Man's and the Norton Hulk. It didn't detract from my experience.

A Justice League movie needs the Legion of Doom as its antagonist, it would benefit from a darker edge, and it doesn't need lead-ins. Man of Steel is enough to set the tone.

DC has a bit of an advantage to the fact that people know their core characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and to a lesser extent Green Lantern, Aquaman. The only real obscure one for most would be Martian Manhunter.

My little girls dressed as Wonder Woman and Supergirl for Halloween last year. People honestly didn't f'ing know who they were. People would look right at Dana (Supergirl) and ask "Are you Wonder Woman?" Like the big red S isn't a clue. :monkey4

People are kinda dumb.

I'd rather see Supergirl and Green Arrow movies than stuff building up the JLA. Keep doing Bats and Supes, maybe Wonder Woman, but save everyone else for the team films. Unless, they aren't part of the team. Lobo. Adam Strange. Kamandi. Recognition is pedestrian. Make good movies and it won't matter.

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055082

While Disney and Marvel were busy shooting "The Avengers" last year, Warner Brothers quietly began getting its own all-star superhero pic back on track, tapping "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to write "Justice League," based on the WB-controlled stable of DC Comics superheroes.
Warner Bros. had no comment on the top-secret hire, which, due to its timing, was more in anticipation of -- rather than a reaction to -- the box office success of "The Avengers."

Beall has yet to turn in his "Justice League" script, though he has become a favorite scribe of Warners. He's writing the studio's "Lethal Weapon" reboot and its remake of "Logan's Run," which is expected to reteam "Gangster Squad" thesp Ryan Gosling with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn. Warners will release "Gangster Squad" on Sept. 7.

Warners originally tried to mount a "Justice League" movie several years ago, with George Miller directing from a script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. That iteration was set to star Adam Brody as the Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman and then-newcomer Armie Hammer as Batman. Back in January 2008, the studio cited a lack of tax breaks as the main reason it pulled the plug on the project, which also needed a rewrite that wasn't possible because of the writers' strike.

DC Comics is a vital component of Warner Bros.' intellectual property, as "Green Lantern" scribes Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green were tapped to write "The Flash" for director Greg Berlanti, while another "Green Lantern" scribe, Michael Goldenberg, was hired to write "Wonder Woman." Additionally, Brad Peyton is working on a new draft of "Lobo," while John Kamps and David Koepp are developing "Spy vs. Spy" as a potential directing vehicle for Ron Howard. WB also developed the "Aquaman" property several years ago.

Beall is repped by CAA and Management 360.

Warners has been trying to get all these comic movies made, until i see a repsectable name attached as a write, producer, director or "godfather" like nolan, im taking it with a grain of salt.

I just dont want Warners to rush into things because Avengers is kicking a$$ at the box office. Make TDKR the best it can be, ride it out and then move onto MOS & see how that does. We still dont know about Green Lantern sequels or reboots or w.e.!!

If They do a Justice League movie, they better give 110 % into it, highly doubt Nolan will direct BUT we do need an established director that will truely believe in the film and deliver. Time will tell.

Yeah

Sure they could have all these things in development for years but that doesn't necessarily mean any of them will actually get made. Yet to see signs of any real momentum behind any of these projects

I agree that they should focus on MoS right now (TDKR is pretty much done), and perhaps pick one or two other projects to prioritise on top of that (probably Batman reboot to give us a JLA compatible version) and I guess then the JLA movie itself

Yeah

Sure they could have all these things in development for years but that doesn't necessarily mean any of them will actually get made. Yet to see signs of any real momentum behind any of these projects

I agree that they should focus on MoS right now (TDKR is pretty much done), and perhaps pick one or two other projects to prioritise on top of that (probably Batman reboot to give us a JLA compatible version) and I guess then the JLA movie itself

do you think they will use MOS as a launching pad for a possible JLA movie?

I remember Snyder saying that his film, nolans superman and the JLA flick will be seperate entities in different movie universes?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEgIONT2vo[/ame]

I would hope this Superman would be part of the JLA if they ever do it.

The more Henry, the better. :lecture

They aren't cancelling MoS, so what they need to do is find the next Batman, get him in an MoS after credits scene with Clark covering a Wayne Enterprises press conference, Batman reboot in 2015 with JL following in 2016, and the rest of the films spinning off of the JL film. Not sure if a GL reboot should happen or if they should just go with the flow and move forward with Reynolds. I'd be fine with the latter.

Back