JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ideal scenario would be a Bruce Wayne Batman who is a badass, distrustful of the other members of the League with super powers, and constantly out-smarting everyone. NOT the emo wuss of TDK/TDKR who will quit at the drop of a hat.

If Batman is going to work in a JL film, he needs to be BATMAN, damn it.

I don't see how Bale Batman can't be distrustful. His mission was to setup a legend for Gotham that will outlive him. He succeeded. He retired.

Now Superman brings to his attention a whole nother level of threat to the existence of humanity. He is forced to do something about it - and he would naturally want to keep an eye on Superman and other super-powered JLA members too as all of this meta-human/alien stuff would be perceived as a threat to any normal humans.

I see no reason why it couldn't work well, as long as it's written well.

For Bale to be a proper Justice League Batman it would require significant changes in how that character is portrayed. Basically, they'd have to go back to BATMAN BEGINS and amp that up, make him more cerebral and intelligent/plotting, and essentially ignore the character as shown in TDK/TDKR. Plus, by the end of TDKR he basically seems old, worn out and beaten. I was rooting for Blake at that point simply because Bruce had become so lame. :lol Another reason why that 8 year retirement thing was the worst idea Nolan has ever had.

The autopilot thing was explained more than enough.

For me the ideal scenario would be one where Blake/Robin is the new Batman for Gotham.

But Bruce is convinced by Superman to join the JLA - and he basically becomes a fulltime JLA Batman, dealing with far more serious threats.

It was shown that Bruce fixed the autopilot, doesn't mean he necessarily used it. But I get what you're saying. I just thought a quick flashback scene would be awesome showing Superman saving him that's all. But with Nolan's conventional thinking I'm sure it would never be done, just more of fanboy wish.

But, you're idea of continuing Batman with Blake in Gotham and Bruce joining JLA is an awesome idea:goodpost:

Last edited:
But, you're idea of continuing Batman with Blake in Gotham and Bruce joining JLA is an awesome idea:goodpost:

It's a cool idea in theory and I'm not opposed to it. I just can't fathom Nolan's Batman (either one) working in the Justice League world. He made it quite clear (not just in statements, but in how the films were portrayed) that other super heroes did not and could not exist in that universe.

This would need to exist outside the continuity of the TDK trilogy.

Well i'm taking this news with industrial strength salt.

Latino Review are rarely wrong with their scoops.

I'd see them do World's Finest before a Justice League though.

The continuity should simply begin with Superman saving Batman from the nuke he was trying to get rid of with the Bat. Followed by Superman asking him to reconsider "retirement" and joining the JL. IMO if well written it would work, considering it would explain how Batman did escape without being killed.

It depends on how the Supes film plays out. It'd be a great extra ending to the film but it relies heavily on a few points.

It has to mean that MOS takes place during TDKR or at least slightly before it. Specifically, during the months Bruce spent in the prison [after he broke the TV. The coverage on it would surely have been all about the Man of Steel and not little ol' Gotham].

The autopilot thing was explained more than enough.

For me the ideal scenario would be one where Blake/Robin is the new Batman for Gotham.

But Bruce is convinced by Superman to join the JLA - and he basically becomes a fulltime JLA Batman, dealing with far more serious threats.

A bit like Batman Inc.

A "Batman Inc." angle could indeed work. But Bruce would still need to be more like the one from the comics than the Nolan films.

Maybe MAN OF STEEL has shown Nolan that fantastical superheroes are not really beneath him.

A bit like Batman Inc.

Exactly like Batman Inc. That is a great story idea as far as i'm concerned, because it taps into the fact that the idea of Batman is so universal. It connects with people everywhere.

Also yes the Nolan trilogy was written to exist in a standalone world, but a continuity where MoS happens AFTER TDKR works perfectly well in that setup. All it needs is a little leap of faith ;)

Latino Review are rarely wrong with their scoops.

I'd see them do World's Finest before a Justice League though.

It depends on how the Supes film plays out. It'd be a great extra ending to the film but it relies heavily on a few points.

It has to mean that MOS takes place during TDKR or at least slightly before it. Specifically, during the months Bruce spent in the prison [after he broke the TV. The coverage on it would surely have been all about the Man of Steel and not little ol' Gotham].

That's the thing, you're right a lot does depend on how MOS plays out. And would make for a killer alternate ending. But in regards to the coverage I'm not too sure if that would matter, considering the script is well written. There could have been reports of a "flying man" spotted through different media outlets, and Supes could have just been a myth or a hoax. Especially since we see Supes essentially turning himself in from what it looks like in the trailer ( assuming he is being detained by the military). Just like how the military hid everything about the crash site in Rosewell . . . :rotfl. It's a little far fetched, but **** what isn't these days right haha

Exactly like Batman Inc. That is a great story idea as far as i'm concerned, because it taps into the fact that the idea of Batman is so universal. It connects with people everywhere.

Also yes the Nolan trilogy was written to exist in a standalone world, but a continuity where MoS happens AFTER TDKR works perfectly well in that setup. All it needs is a little leap of faith ;)

I have to read Batman Inc. so far it sounds like I would enjoy it.

hahaha I see what you did there :exactly:

It could maybe work. I mean I used to think Thor, interdimensional portals and alien races were too ridiculous to exist alongside Captain America and Iron Man and so on. Not at all as it turned out.

It was shown that Bruce fixed the autopilot, doesn't mean he necessarily used it. But I get what you're saying. I just thought a quick flashback scene would be awesome showing Superman saving him that's all. But with Nolan's conventional thinking I'm sure it would never be done, just more of fanboy wish.

I actually don't really like that idea, to each his own, but, to me, that was Batman's moment; to have that epic defining piece of the film turned into Superman ripping Batman from the cockpit makes it seem like Batman wasn't capable of saving himself. Also, if Superman was there, why didn't he just fly the bomb into space and keep Gotham Harbor from turning into a radioactive wasteland?:lol

I actually don't really like that idea, to each his own, but, to me, that was Batman's moment; to have that epic defining piece of the film turned into Superman ripping Batman from the cockpit makes it seem like Batman wasn't capable of saving himself. Also, if Superman was there, why didn't he just fly the bomb into space and keep Gotham Harbor from turning into a radioactive wasteland?:lol

I agree. I'm all for Integrating Nolan Batman into JLA but retconning anything in TDKR I am FIRMLY against.

I think putting Nolan's Batman universe in the JLA universe is a disservice to that trilogy. Assuming a writer can successfully find a way out of that corner (and Nolan is willing to obliterate the character arc he established). TERRIBLE.

:dunno Because he was saving Metropolis from Zod first . . . haha

*bomb explodes*
Superman hears it, instantly flies over. Finds Batman higher in the sky in a rocket propelled ejection seat.

Superman: "Need a lift?"

:lol:lol:lol

Nevertheless, he's faster than a speeding bullet, right? Then, he's faster than a thirty second timer.:lol

Exactly :rotfl

*bomb explodes*
Superman hears it, instantly flies over. Finds Batman higher in the sky in a rocket propelled ejection seat.

Superman: "Need a lift?"

:lol:lol:lol

Someone should recreate this scene in stop motion with HT figures or Lego :lecture :rotfl:rotfl

Back