JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have my pitch for WB: alternate universes, mo'frickers! Granted, with this situation, there is no way around it; there will need to be a build-up in the form of The Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman (which I will pen as a trilogy). From there, there's a rift in the multiverse (caused by a yet unknown force; presumably the antagonist in future films), and the JLA must band together to duke it out with their evil dopplegangers (Ultraman, Owl Man, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Power Ring, and two original characters for Martian Manhunter and Aquaman to face off against). The general public would eat that **** up because the only thing better than superheroes fighting super villains is superheroes fighting against themselves (as villains).

source: Badass Digest

dg8XBjH.jpg

Just hire Paul Dini Jesus...or does it make too much sense and this is why they don't do it? Maybe the movie would turn out great that way? Man Dini is basically right in front of them and they just don't want to approach him it seems....

edit: If this is really true guys than I have no more comment regarding the stupidity of WB...

"A few years back, Kevin Smith addressed the same question when someone asked him about how he got to write the script for Superman Lives (i.e. the John Peter-produced, Tim Burton-helmed, Nic Cage-starring albatross that thankfully never saw the light of day). He apparently asked the Warners brass why they didn't just bring on the guys who were writing for the DC Animated Universe (Timm, Dini, and Co) since they were 1). great writers and 2.) really understood and loved the characters and universe. The studio execs (who were lead by Lorenzo "I produce the horrible Transformers movies" di Boneventura at the time) basically told him that the studio wasn't willing to hire some cartoon writers to handle the script to one of their blockbusters.

Basically, there's a stigma against guys like Timm and Dini because the aspect of media they work in is seen as childish, and thus marginal.

Obviously, some things have changed. Dini, for example, is tackling writing duties for that Maleficent movie. But I still get the feeling that the guys at Warners are just prejudiced against hiring these guys because they made their reps with cartoons. And that's bull****."

Last edited:
A lot of screenwriters moonlight as comic book writers so they don't seem to get the same stigma. But yeah, I've wondered for years why DC wouldn't use Timm and Dini. They would be brilliant. Marvel Studios should hire them away from the ungrateful SOBs at Warner Bros.

Just hire Paul Dini Jesus...or does it make too much sense and this is why they don't do it? Maybe the movie would turn out great that way? Man Dini is basically right in front of them and they just don't want to approach him it seems....

edit: If this is really true guys than I have no more comment regarding the stupidity of WB...

"A few years back, Kevin Smith addressed the same question when someone asked him about how he got to write the script for Superman Lives (i.e. the John Peter-produced, Tim Burton-helmed, Nic Cage-starring albatross that thankfully never saw the light of day). He apparently asked the Warners brass why they didn't just bring on the guys who were writing for the DC Animated Universe (Timm, Dini, and Co) since they were 1). great writers and 2.) really understood and loved the characters and universe. The studio execs (who were lead by Lorenzo "I produce the horrible Transformers movies" di Boneventura at the time) basically told him that the studio wasn't willing to hire some cartoon writers to handle the script to one of their blockbusters.

Basically, there's a stigma against guys like Timm and Dini because the aspect of media they work in is seen as childish, and thus marginal.

Obviously, some things have changed. Dini, for example, is tackling writing duties for that Maleficent movie. But I still get the feeling that the guys at Warners are just prejudiced against hiring these guys because they made their reps with cartoons. And that's bull****."

:slap

Sadly that doesn't surprise me in the least.

That's kind of funny, actually. The guy that wrote Gangster Squad is more qualified to write this movie than Dini or Timm? There is something seriously ****ed up in Denmark.

I dont trust that sight at all, but im not suprised by anything they say.

The more time that passes and the more articles i read it just seems like Warners has no idea what to do with a JLA film.

They scrapped that script, just another flopped screenplay going into the WB archives like the other 50+

Hopefully WB is realizing they just can't cash in on Justice League .They've go to build it up like Marvel did with the Avengers. That's the only way it would be successful as the Avengers was.

Makes you wonder they have doubts about their top brand? Either that, or they don't want to compete directly with the Avengers since that franchise will already be/is established.

2020? Hell, I'll be exactly 50 by then! :slap

Good, **** the Super Friends.

It's better when Batman and Superman are by themselves. I'd rather see a Batman and Superman flick than have *****es like emerald lantern, speedy, Wonder Wimmenz and weird alien dude in there.

The only way this could compete with Marvel would be to make it like the DC universe game trailer. that was freaking sweet! :rock

LOL That Game Trailer always comes up, i said it before why not make a high valued CG flick like that, make it motion capture avatar performance or whatever, There would be no limits of what the JLA could do

They need to because there has been no live action flick by anyone that can touch those few minutes of greatness.

It doesn't need to be any more CG than Avengers was. It just needs to be made by someone who takes what they're doing as seriously as whoever made that. If they did, Avengers would be toast.

Last edited:
Back