Justice League Action

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently found out about this with my Sling cartoon network channel. It's really great. Bruce timm seems to be the creative force behind it, and it's a descendant of his other Timm verse shows. The cartoon is even more stylized than in the other shows however. Probably closer to The New Adventures of Batman than anything else, but Batman's style is different here, more like he was in the cartoon the Batman. The humor is slightly more pronounced, and the show is a bit lighter overall. Also, each episode is about 10 minutes long. But they are well written, Kevin Conroy does Batman and Mark Hamill does the Joker. James Woods does Lex Luthor. Anyone else watching this?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I recently found out about this with my Sling cartoon network channel. It's really great. Bruce timm seems to be the creative force behind it, and it's a descendant of his other Timm verse shows. The cartoon is even more stylized than in the other shows however. Probably closer to The New Adventures of Batman than anything else, but Batman's style is different here, more like he was in the cartoon the Batman. The humor is slightly more pronounced, and the show is a bit lighter overall. Also, each episode is about 10 minutes long. But they are well written, Kevin Conroy does Batman and Mark Hamill does the Joker. James Woods does Lex Luthor. Anyone else watching this?

I watch this one. If only WB can lend their creativeness in animated series to movies then most likely i will like their movies more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Agreed. The timmverse stuff, Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice all wipe the floor with every live action DC movie post the nolan stuff.

Is it better than the Justice League show?

IMG_8901.JPG

What little I've seen feels like an extension of that universe. The character designs and animation and story telling all lend themselves to fans of the Timm/Diniverse

Agreed about Superman. He's handled about as well here as I've seen him handled anywhere in animation or live action. Just last night I watched an episode where Steppenwolf transports him through a boom tube to a planet with a red Sun and at the end I was smiling from ear-to-ear the way he was handled there. I can't remember the last time that happened. In terms of comparing it to the Justice League cartoon, I think I like it better than the original Justice League cartoon at this point. But not as much as Justice League Unlimited. Those original Justice League cartoons really drag as they force them to go an hour for each story. This one's really lean and mean at 10 or 11 minutes per episode. They also handle Firestorm really well, in relation to his old solo comic from the 80s. One little thing I don't like is the hair they gave to Wonder Woman though. But she has the sword and shield all the time which is I guess in line with her current representation in the movies and comic books.

I didn't know they had longer episodes? The ones on CN's website are 2 minutes long, but there's like 40 of them, so maybe they're the long episodes split into short episodes?

Ha the last quote.

WoWo.

Pretty sure Deadshots head should have become detached with her first kick.

Back