Just want to make sure, MMS387 Hot Toys Marvel Dr DOCTOR STRANGE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marihenshin

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys!

So I wanna make sure im not gunna get a fake or anything.

I am seeing 2 types of boxes, 1 with Sticker and 1 without

Dose it mean anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_19.png
    Screenshot_19.png
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_18.png
    Screenshot_18.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_16.png
    Screenshot_16.png
    771.9 KB · Views: 0
nowhere yet, I was looking on ebay he is about 350 give or take.
If you’re concerned about authenticity, then always best to buy from an authorized retailer. But, with this figure being long sold out, you’ll either have to chance it on eBay or wait to see if someone on here sells one.

Or just pick up the Dr Strange MoM version for less as they’re nearly identical in terms of costume.

Depending on the eBay seller, they will sometimes mark inventory with stickers like the one in the photos. You might want to take a look through their other items to see if they all have one similar, or else there’s never any harm in sending the seller a message to ask about the stickers.

Additionally, there’s a new Multiverse of Madness (MoM) version of Strange which is coming out sometime this year which has a very similar look and will cost roughly the same as a pre-owned MMS387 (the version you’re already considering buying now).
For the new MoM version, you would be able to preorder through an authorised retailer and not have to worry about going pre-owned through eBay. However, the new MoM Strange figure might now be out for a few more months.

Either way, there really aren’t knockoff/repro/inauthentic Hot Toys figures floating around that much. Just be sure to review photos thoroughly for any possible wear and tear, just like you would for buying a car.

The only knock off Hot Toys issues I’ve had, was buying used from comic shops and someone got a third party killmonger sculpt past me, and I didn’t really realize it until I got back to the hotel and opened him.

Then not really knock off, but at a toy convention, I traded for a “as is” mechanic Stark a few years back. And after the fact I realized that while an official head sculpt, it wasn’t the proper mechanic one, but a bleeding stark from another Hot Toy.

So I would just recommend watching a review/unboxing video or two of the figure you plan to get, and make sure it matches up with what you are getting pretty exactly.

I usually check stickers with Figma, they have a lot of knock offs. Hot Toys has a occasional Disney sticker, but aside from being mindful of third party figures, or maybe a recast sculpt from what I read here, I’ve never had a full “knockoff” issue.

Always stay as smart and vigilant as you can.

Ask the seller about the sticker, could be a security tag, or sale indication , or maybe even a new/used indicator. Always best to ask , and get in writing when possible.

The Killmonger I knew was open, but the shop told me it was new and just opened for display, which is how I found him.

So if it’s a open box figure, you can maybe ask for more pictures of the contents and can double check a unboxing

Best of luck , sorry for the ramble lol

Back