Just sayin' hi - Borgs from DC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pia_Bubbles

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been a Star wars collector since I graduated from college back in 2001. Been a Star Wars fan since 1983 after seeing ROTJ. As much as I wanted to collect the merchandise as a kid, I could only do that when I started to earn my own money. I guess that's why my collection grew by a lot really fast over the past 10 years.

I started with model kits, then action figures, then GG mini busts, then MR Sabers, Code3 vehicles, Lego, and now SS.

I've spent a few months lurking in these boards actually, learning about upcoming releases, needed fixes, product reviews among other things. I found the forum interesting and the people making it up actually cool - hence my unlurking and wanting to say hi. :wave

Hi comicbookguy! yes, NW DC (Dupont circle area). Thanks for the welcome. What's the best place to go to in the area for toy runs? my wife (Pia) and I are both collectors. She's into LOTR and I'm into SW. We moved here 1.5 years ago and got disappointed at how little there is here in terms of collecting. We might just be looking in the wrong places.

Hi comicbookguy! yes, NW DC (Dupont circle area). Thanks for the welcome. What's the best place to go to in the area for toy runs? my wife (Pia) and I are both collectors. She's into LOTR and I'm into SW. We moved here 1.5 years ago and got disappointed at how little there is here in terms of collecting. We might just be looking in the wrong places.

Wow we are close, I'm in silver spring md about 45 mins away by Wheaton md. I will pm you and we shall talk more. There is some good places here to shop for collectibles.

Thanks comicbookguy, I appreciate that.

Anyway, I made my first post outside the "Introductions" thread just now and there was a very brief message that appeared that my post will not be visible for some reason - the screen came and went so fast I only made out the words not visible, moderator, and approval(?). I tried sharing photos of my SS 1/6 Clone Captain. Would anyone know why that is? :dunno

Hey pia and cbg, I am also new to these boards and I'm pretty close to you guys down in Waldorf. Can you let me know of any shops up around that area? I rememeber stopping at some place up around silver spring to get heroclix one time but that was a while ago. Sometimes I'll go to painted visions in woodbridge for dc direct or playarts figs. Is there any place that actually sells sideshow?

Hi Joekavalier, I'm relatively new in DC and am totally clueless where the good toy stores are. You mentioned Playarts figs in Woodbridge... that got me all excited. Are their (Painted Visions) prices good? As for Sideshow, my primary source now is eBay, then SSC website itself.

They used to be. Haven't been there in a little while. Its a drive for me. Guys are real nice there and will talk quite a bit if you call there.

Back