Just Recieved Exclusive Iron Man Comiquette with a problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be a ****** at times but when it comes to business and transactions I don't mess around. :gun I expect to be treated fair and I treat the people who buy from me fair. :lecture

Words to live by. :lecture:lecture:lecture Wish more people followed that ideal (minus the ****** part). :lol

Seeing this reminds me of a bad Ebay experience I once made. Just like you, I had received a damaged statue, which was very badly fixed! In fact, not even all the damage was fixed! And there was a lot of money involved too. I wanted my money back from the seller, he said he didn't know of any damage. Unfortunately I payed by bank transfer, as he didn't have paypal. So, I couldn't do anything else but file a claim with Ebay. Result? Nada, zippo nothing. I am still waiting for an answer from Ebay. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with that broken figure. Repairing it professionally would be about $150. I'll have it repaid some day, but I could never display it, because looking at it would give me a fit. Gosh, thinking about it alone makes me mad, being treated so unfair. I hate Ebay for not helping me back then.

Anyway, I hope this get's sorted out for you. File a claim, so you have a chance.

That totally sucks pmtz2005!
I once received a Wolverine Comiquette Ex. that was factory sealed and the front leg of it had been snaped off and factory repaired.
Thank God everything worked out in the end! Good Luck to you!

that was an effin mess, man...

well I emailed the seller and basically told him that the error was not on my behalf. I gave him the option of a full refund or escalating it to a claim with paypal for a full refund resulting in a negative feedback for him. He didnt get back to me so I went ahead and opened a dispute just to show that im serious.

I hear ya man....unfortunitly people throw the MINT word out around alot...I might not see something but someone else might....its a tough thing.....good luck in squaring up this ^^^^ man...did the auction state "as is"???

well I emailed the seller and basically told him that the error was not on my behalf. I gave him the option of a full refund or escalating it to a claim with paypal for a full refund resulting in a negative feedback for him. He didnt get back to me so I went ahead and opened a dispute just to show that im serious.

Smart choices! Keep us posted.

reminds me of the time i was selling a guy a wolverine statue and i accidently dropped it while packing it and gave it to him anyways lol

That figure is worthless to any collectors as it's a major flaw.

That seller is one stupid fool trying to act like he didn't know about it. That's a lot of money spent on a figure.

He deserves one of these :gun and then :emperor and then :banghead until he's in a coma. I just can't stand those dishonesty people. Karma....will bite him back.

I hear ya man....unfortunitly people throw the MINT word out around alot...I might not see something but someone else might....its a tough thing.....good luck in squaring up this ^^^^ man...did the auction state "as is"???

fortunately the auction didn't state as is...as a seller on ebay myself I try to the best of my skill to describe the detail of any given item I am selling including damage/defects/flaws so that my auctions are not misleading. I do agree that the flaw itself directly affects the value of the statue especially what I paid for it.... thanks for the support I'll keep the updates coming

Thats why I am always a little scared to sell high value pieces on ebay because I know others look at things a lot closer than I do and I am always sure they will find something wong that I miss or don't think is a big deal. I hope it all works out for you.

Way to go man! Keep on him and keep us posted! :rock

Hulk-PF.gif

Update....after filing dispute through paypal after 3 days and two messages seller contacted me using ebay instead of paypal. Offers full refund but I have to send him statue first so he can inspect it. Its ready to be sent back but can't help but feel he might retaliate and come with reason not to refund....What should I do??

Update....after filing dispute through paypal after 3 days and two messages seller contacted me using ebay instead of paypal. Offers full refund but I have to send him statue first so he can inspect it. Its ready to be sent back but can't help but feel he might retaliate and come with reason not to refund....What should I do??

....communicate through paypal only.

Yeah, don't send until you get your money back, though PayPal.

You trusted him to send you the statue after you sent him the money, now he can do the same and trust you to send it back after the refund.

I took your advice and called paypal and advised the cust service rep of the situation and our resolution of the sellers offer of a full refund. I told her about my concern of sending the statue back first and, in retaliation, him not sending my refund due to any senerio he can make up. So she advised me the best way to handle the situation so as to avoid that senerio was to open a claim, as this guarantees that once he recieves the statue I recieve my refund. So I went ahead and did that, and of course I messaged him to let him know why I opened the claim as it is the best way to handle the refund as I was advised by the paypal rep. So I am awaiting his response.....

Good luck with this pmtz! I hope it works out for you! Considering how Sideshow's factories are I would NOT be surprised if that was a factory screw-up and fix-up! The seller might very well be telling the truth but he might very well be lying as well. It's kind of 50/50 but it's funny to see him offer a 100% refund right after you decided to take this issue up a few notches...makes it fishier.

I usually put "All sales are final" and "Sold As-Is" for stuff that I sell and has been opened/displayed.

Back