Just Recieved Exclusive Iron Man Comiquette with a problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmtz2005

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought this off of ebay and got it in a couple days ago. The seller was 100% over 300 positive feedbacks. I had him send pictures other than what was on the auction to my email. Everything looked good. Well when I opened it I noticed a flaw that was not mentioned in the auction and wasn't visible in any of the pics he sent me. Under Iron Mans right arm in the armpit area where the gold meets the red, it appears as if the arm may have broken off or may have been cracked. It obvious that a putty or some type of compound was used to fix the break. The color of the red is way off and you can see a little hole in the right corner of where the red meets the gold. Well I contacted the seller and he of course did not know anything about it. I sent him pics but he hasn't replied in a couple days. Not sure what to do. I consider it a major flaw what do you guys think? is it major? Report to ebay or try to get a refund on my own. Any help??...oh and the last pic is what that area is supposed to look like-no flaws. I found that pic on the internet the link is https://www.centurysendsavior.com/IronManSideShow.html
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:
That totally sucks pmtz2005!
I once received a Wolverine Comiquette Ex. that was factory sealed and the front leg of it had been snaped off and factory repaired.
Thank God everything worked out in the end! Good Luck to you!

I'd file a claim as soon as possible. Hopefully you paid via CC and you're at least covered there. It's gonna be up to you to take action here because the seller will want to wash his hands of the situation.

since buyer can't be left a negative, give him an ultimatum. refund or negative. if he still doesn't respond, file a paypal claim and leave him a negative.

Oh and he told me that this was a replacement for the first statue he got. He said on the first one the left arm was broken. He said if he would have seen it he would've sent it back hmmmm....ya like if thats a sideshow fixer upper. I doubt ss would have sent him a replacement with that type of workmanship on that area, unless I'm wrong but I doubt I am...oh and I did pay via paypal.

Maybe it's just the photos, but that flaw may be easy to miss (it could be much more glaring in person). The seller should get back to you though...

Yeah its real noticeable in person. the color of that compound is a different red thats how I noticed it. He said he didnt see it that he just made sure it didnt come with the left arm broken again like the first one but I found it in under 5 min??? you can tell theres a gap between where the gold and the red meet and that compound is right in the middle of it. you can stll see the gap. Thats why im thinking it may have been broken

I just got a reply and here is what he is offering. I'll tell you guys what I paid for the staue-$1245.00+65.00 in shipping. Im not sure what he means by option 2 but I feel because of his error I shouldnt have to incur any charges as far as paying for ebays and paypals fees. Tell me what you think

Dear pmtz2005,

I am offering two options:

1) A total credit of $200 or
2) A return of the statue at your cost with the same shipping and insurance coverage as I have given you (which resulted in $75), and I will have to reduce half of processing fees from ebay and paypal as a result of this auction from the refund. In addition, I will not be responsible for transactions costs that are incurred as a result of this return.

Please let me know of your decision.

Did the extra photos he sent you show the defect (now that you have the statue in person and know where to look)?

when you file with paypal, you get all of your $ back, including original shipping costs, but you have to pay return shipping. And you should be sure to package it up so it arrives to the seller safely, only common courtesy. So basically you're out shipping cost, chalk it up as a loss, it happens. If he is offering you something comparable, then it sounds reasonable.

no the the photos didn't show that area at all. just a couple front shots and a couple back shots showing the left side of him. that defect is on his right side...I don't mind losing out on shipping costs but from what I thinks hes offering is i also lose out on paying for his fees....

I would not play this game at all. It is not your fault it is broken. It may not even be his fault but he should man up and take care of business. You are not responsible for the item he delivered to you. Go right to paypal and request a refund in full.

I would not play this game at all. It is not your fault it is broken. It may not even be his fault but he should man up and take care of business. You are not responsible for the item he delivered to you. Go right to paypal and request a refund in full.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree with BadMoon...I never thought I would be saying that. :lol

I hate to say this but....Badmoon has a point. :monkey4

You should get all your money back except for maybe your returning shipping unfortunately. Sometimes you lose in this hobby. If he is not willing to do this then I say file a claim. Good luck

Sideshow + Iron Man = :monkey2

Sideshow + Iron Man + eBay = :monkey4

I'm still fighting the seller that unloaded that damaged Iron Man LSB on me....

I may be a ****** at times but when it comes to business and transactions I don't mess around. :gun I expect to be treated fair and I treat the people who buy from me fair. :lecture

I may be a ****** at times but when it comes to business and transactions I don't mess around. :gun I expect to be treated fair and I treat the people who buy from me fair. :lecture

same here for me! thank god i haven`t faced any problem so far with e-bay sellers..
pmtz2005 ? take the paypal way man!!!claim your money back!!!:emperor

Back