Just ordered Bubo. Did I make the right decision?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't understand why so many are upset. I think Bubo is killer. I mean he's pretty big 7"x5"x4" and has the cool chain. The rat crack me up, what the hell am I going to do with them? LOL

Turbo said:
Honestly I don't understand why so many are upset. I think Bubo is killer. I mean he's pretty big 7"x5"x4" and has the cool chain. The rat crack me up, what the hell am I going to do with them? LOL

Ditto. He's huge as far the rats really. This pack is full of huge critters.

Amanaman said:
Acquisition is only part of collecting. Presentation is everything. I have a whole cabinet dedicated to ROTJ, specifically Jabba's palace, because that's always going to be a nostalgic part of my life. All those silly, lounging creatures bring an empty shelf to life.

Besides, these are the BEST versions we're ever going to get of them.

Well, I have 2 rooms full of Star Wars displays so I think I know a thing or 2 about "presentation" :D I just don't see the attraction for this character. He wasn't even a character. He was a prop. If Sideshow wanted to make more items to go with Jabba's setup, they should have made real characters, or items we really need for a proper display (such as a Carbo Han alcove). I have spent inordinate amounts of money before on purchases that others found silly. So, I respect you all if you decide you want him. But, he would just crowd my diorama. Sorry, once you add Sal and pals, Leia, Luke, Hasbro R2 and 3PO (very good dirty versions can be found cheap ... its worth the money), Bib, and 1 or 2 Hasbro piggies, it's going to be cramped enough. Bubo would barely be noticeable.

I passed because I know no matter how nicely he's made, I would always look at him and think, "eh, still not work 50 bucks." Same reasoning for passing on the probe droids with Maul (although the heinous black poles instead of clear plastic definitely made the decision easier), and I still don't regret that. Sp, to each his own .. and bring on some actual Star Wars OT characters for '07 SSC!

jlcmsu said:
#1 I want all the creatures that make SW great even if they are as lame as Bubo as some have called him. It benefits my collection cause it enhances it. So it's worth it to me. :duff

Ditto, ditto! I totally love this new addition to Jabba's Throne room! Just wish we didn't have to wait till 3rd qtr to receive it!

ObiWan_67_D1138 said:

Ditto, ditto! I totally love this new addition to Jabba's Throne room! Just wish we didn't have to wait till 3rd qtr to receive it!

Yeah, that kinda surprised me. For some reason I expected this to ship a lot sooner. They made such a big deal about it going with the Jabba set-up....

Perhaps they held off on Bubo because they had a strong ammount of Jabba items already done and wanted to see how well they would do before continuing, after all if Jabba was a flop due to cost or scale, it would have meant some things like Bubo wouldn't have faired well either, but once they saw the numbers, they put a prototype into play.

Do you guys think that all these people who canceled Jabba and his throne will regret it later? I mean, I can see the secondary market prices being pretty high for at least the throne if not Jabba himself. I know this is off topic for this thread but I am just curious.

Darth Roranous said:
Do you guys think that all these people who canceled Jabba and his throne will regret it later? I mean, I can see the secondary market prices being pretty high for at least the throne if not Jabba himself. I know this is off topic for this thread but I am just curious.

These aren't exactly cheap, and they aren't exactly super limited. I don't see these raising in price very much and I expect to be able to get the whole set down the road for much cheaper.

Well I think a lot already regret it but his size and cost are just too much for them right now which is understandable. I think if neither of those were a concern, no one would have dropped him after ordering him.

nash said:
These aren't exactly cheap, and they aren't exactly super limited. I don't see these raising in price very much and I expect to be able to get the whole set down the road for much cheaper.
You might be right because even the exclusive Star Wars figures can be had for a reasonable price now. Only time will tell I guess but for now I am definitely holding on to my order.

MaulFan said:
Well I think a lot already regret it but his size and cost are just too much for them right now which is understandable. I think if neither of those were a concern, no one would have dropped him after ordering him.
The whole set up is a good chunk of change. I know when my girlfriend sees the slab there will be trouble but you can't have Jabba without his throne-it's just wrong.

Customikey said:
Yeah, that kinda surprised me. For some reason I expected this to ship a lot sooner. They made such a big deal about it going with the Jabba set-up....

This is an item I could see shipping sooner rather than later.

Back