Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

It was retarded that the T rex and Raptor never had feathers in the movies, just plain retarded. But feathers don't belong to JP....

Apparently T rexes with 4 toes and poison teeth do belong to Jp ? :dunno I think I prefer to see a T rex that looks like a house sparrow instead to this "Diabulous Rex" :lol

Nope that's in the sequel of the sequel of the sequel.

Can see it now...

THE LOST WORLD OF JURASSIC WORLD...

Back to Site B we make Site A better, why not B? :lol

Christ :lol

Dinosaurs may have evolved into birds but I don't think that means that every dino that ever lived automatically had feathers.

the gay dinosaurs did. :lecture

This one didn't.

7YLZtTn.jpg

I know there is so much evidence that they are linked to birds, and became birds... but I can't help but want to think of them as giant reptiles, that were ALWAYS reptiles.

Rex with a Rod Stewart head of feathers do would seriously blow.
Hell when I was in school we learned T-Rex drug his tail and Brontosaurus had to sty in the swamps to support his weight.

Reptiles were around before, during and after dinosaurs but they are very different. Dinos evolved from more primitive reptilian relatives but belong to their own separate group. We all evolved from primitive reptiles that look like mammals

This shouldn't be news to anybody here though :lol

BTW everyone that likes dinos should see this:

He explains well why dinosaur science needed a big change, just by counting teeth you can realize nanotyrannus is a juvenile T rex the same freaking species! :slap but... scientists are proud and like to name things :lol

And, if anyone is interested. Here is some good stuff on evolution and genetics:

I LOVE this, pretty much the whole reason why I'm studying biology and working in labs

Last edited:

I know there is so much evidence that they are linked to birds, and became birds... but I can't help but want to think of them as giant reptiles, that were ALWAYS reptiles.

Rex with a Rod Stewart head of feathers do would seriously blow.

There's a lot of inference when dealing with the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and birds, but there's so much that we just don't know. Two of the big differences between birds and reptiles are: (1) reptiles lay leathery eggs, while birds have eggs that are calcium-based; (2) Reptiles are cold-blooded while birds are warm-blooded. It leads me to wonder how reptilian-like dinosaurs could have ever evolved into birds in the first place. It's supposed that dinosaurs like Spinosaurus and Stegosaurus were cold-blooded, and used their sails/plates to collect thermal radiation from the sun to warm their bodies. But, then, velociraptor skeletons that were discovered with feathers, which infers that they had to be warm blooded in order to evolve into other warm blooded creatures, such as birds. So, I think there's a likelihood, that there could have been both cold and warm blooded dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs may have been as biologically diverse as the animals that exist in the present, but due to our own lack of understanding, we've lumped them all together as a single category of animal. For one thing, T-Rex fossils have never been discovered with feathers. We have to consider the possibility that not all dinosaurs were biologically capable of evolving into birds, and perhaps, there were some featherless ones, too :dunno.

In any case, T-Rex with feathers would look ridiculous on screen. I don't want the King of the Tyrant Reptiles looking like a giant turkey!

All dinosaurs are related and belong to the clade/group "Dinosauria" but they are different from each other, as differet as we are to other mammals. The "first" dinosaur couldn't have been endotherm, its very unlikely. But most of them grew up very fast, endotherm evidence right there.

Of course, the Linnaean system is obsolete... we use cladograms now:
cladogram.gif

handout2.gif

Birds are living dinosaurs thats why they are called avian dinosaus now

I think Jack explains more stuff related to this here:

EDIT: Yup he talks about it, the Linnaean system is obsolete.

Cladogram of reptilia:

Reptilecladogram.GIF

Dunno if anyone cares I'll just leave that there :lol

Last edited:

The trailer for that other dino flick (from Australia) had Dinos with feathers... looked dumb.

I'll take featherless dinos any time!

It will be interesting to see the vibe of the film in the first trailer. I wonder if they'll keep it close to the originals roots or whether it will take on a different tone altogether.

Back