Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed my home viewing even more than the theater. I honestly don't see where a sequel can go, but I'll be on board for another. I assume the whole idea of a "park" will have to be out the window......just not even remotely believable after this one. I'm guess an INGEN site for military purposes gone wrong is the only logical path left, but who knows.

The sequel will take place on the mainland somewhere. The dinos in the military idea will most likely be key to it. I just hope we get more 'real' dinosaurs and not just an army of mini I-Rexes and more hybrids.

The sequel will take place on the mainland somewhere. The dinos in the military idea will most likely be key to it. I just hope we get more 'real' dinosaurs and not just an army of mini I-Rexes and more hybrids.

Sorry the director of Independence Day already brought you this movie. :lol

3765175-2784518563-godzi.jpg

01556102.jpg

... the final shot of Rex dominating the park, one of the coolest shots of Rex in the series. I love the jab at JP3 having him crash through the spinosaurus skeleton.

Yep I had to redo that JPIII showdown on my curio. Maybe rex will win this time.
IMG_20151031_214146199.jpg

Maybe they won't drag out the movie's climax this time around and get to it a lot faster this time. That's my only complaint about the movie. That and the fact that they couldn't apparently track the locator chip on the dino from it's own cage to see it was still inside before walking into it.

Maybe they won't drag out the movie's climax this time around and get to it a lot faster this time. That's my only complaint about the movie. That and the fact that they couldn't apparently track the locator chip on the dino from it's own cage to see it was still inside before walking into it.

Or rewind the security camera footage to the part where the dinosaur climbed the fence. The donut pounding security guard is in there for a reason, right?

Well, I think Hollywood is challenged by the DVD/BR/Digital era, the days of being enough to have people overlook it during the theater experience are over. I never asked these questions watching the movie the first few times, the very first time especially, I was caught up in wondering where the Indominous had gone as much as the characters.

Now, between the internet community and so many outlets to analyze movies, these plotholes become more apparent and noticed and raise the level a film would have to reach of covering every question to a level I doubt any movie will ever reach nor strive for.

Well, I think Hollywood is challenged by the DVD/BR/Digital era, the days of being enough to have people overlook it during the theater experience are over. I never asked these questions watching the movie the first few times, the very first time especially, I was caught up in wondering where the Indominous had gone as much as the characters.

Now, between the internet community and so many outlets to analyze movies, these plotholes become more apparent and noticed and raise the level a film would have to reach of covering every question to a level I doubt any movie will ever reach nor strive for.

Even the classic movies and best movies have plot holes and wtf questions but people choose to overlook these when they really like the film. It's so easy to bash new films these days and everyone joins in.

The Force Awakens thread is going to be a hive for internet bashing next month because it's the cool thing for people to do.

:lol :panic:

Even the classic movies and best movies have plot holes and wtf questions but people choose to overlook these when they really like the film. It's so easy to bash new films these days and everyone joins in.

The Force Awakens thread is going to be a hive for internet bashing next month because it's the cool thing for people to do.

:lol :panic:
Well said.

Yep. And because of that I finally came to terms with the fact that discussing films on the internet really isn't for me. There's another site that I occasionally visit that has film buffs who are pretty mature and respectful of movies and the opinions of others but other than there I don't really care to have my experiences of new films, trailers, etc., filtered through the siev of any juvenile idiot with a keyboard anymore. There's a handful of people here who are genuinely fun to talk to (and even disagree with from time to time) but to me it just isn't worth dealing with the crap, at least not on any topic that is near and dear to my heart.

Last edited:
So Snoopy never gave a review from last weekend's viewing, huh? Must've hated it.

I just forgot to post back in this thread my thoughts on the movie. :slap I have a bad case of CRS (Can't Remember ****). :lol

Snoop knows how to appreciate a good thrill ride, I'm sure he loved it.

I really enjoyed JW, it brought back the fun of the original movie for me! :rock

My favorite moment of the movie is when Claire brought the T-Rex to take on the I-Rex, I got a big smile on my face during that scene! :yess:

I want one of those JW "hamster balls" to ride around in! :lol

Edit:

... discussing films on the internet really isn't for me.

I feel the same way. Seeing all the armchair directors on this board nitpick, post their opinion as fact and over analyze every detail of a movie is ridiculous, IMO. How do they ever enjoy a movie by consistently doing that?

But if it makes them feel better about themselves then more power to them I guess.

If those same people put as much effort into writing a movie script as they do bashing a film on a toy forum they'd probably be the next great movie maker. But they don't. They're just pretentious.

Last edited:
I just forgot to post back in this thread my thoughts on the movie. :slap I have a bad case of CRS (Can't Remember ****). :lol

I really enjoyed JW, it brought back the fun of the original movie for me! :rock

My favorite moment of the movie is when Claire brought the T-Rex to take on the I-Rex, I got a big smile on my face during that scene! :yess:

I want one of those JW "hamster balls" to ride around in! :lol

Edit:

I feel the same way. Seeing all the armchair directors on this board nitpick, post their opinion as fact and over analyze every detail of a movie is ridiculous, IMO. How do they ever enjoy a movie by consistently doing that?

But if it makes them feel better about themselves then more power to the I guess.

If those same people put as much effort into writing a movie script as they do bashing a film on a toy forum they'd probably be the next great movie maker. But they don't. They're just pretentious.

I genuinely wonder how many of the folks that do it actually feel that way and how many are just going along with the haters crowd. I don't see how it's possible for some people to hate 99% of EVERYTHING. If they really do then life must be one miserable disappointment after another for them.

I genuinely wonder how many of the folks that do it actually feel that way and how many are just going along with the haters crowd. I don't see how it's possible for some people to hate 99% of EVERYTHING. If they really do then life must be one miserable disappointment after another for them.

They just need a hug from a cute kitten or velociraptor. :)

I get a laugh every time at the little kid bear hugging the brontosaurus in the petting zoo area, reminds me of my son with our dog lol.

They just need a hug from a cute kitten or velociraptor. :)

Nah, they probably would hate that too. :lol

I generally troll those that seem to think everything is crap. Lol, okay man, I'm sure you could do better.

I always see a movie just for the thrill. Around the second or third time, I analyze the photography, shot angles, music, and so on; but it never ruins my initial reaction of the film. Why go in trying to analyze everything. I can already see those same guys coming in and saying "Star Wars TFA: Count Crapula/10".

Yeah I thought that dino petting zoo was great! :lol

The dino petting zoo was great
The John Hammond vision of a working Park was awesome
The name brand stores in “shopping lane” was great
Underwater dinosaur scenes were fresh and welcomed. EVEN the older brother seemed happy and enjoying himself

Rest of the movie sucked!! Sorry folks JP 1-3 are much better pictures.

Other than the return of Alan Grant, there was nothing special about JP3.

For me, JW is my 2nd favorite with Lost World at 3 and JP3 dead last.

Yeah I thought that dino petting zoo was great! :lol

One of the aspects that drew me in as a viewer was how detailed and spot on so many aspects of zoos and theme parks were exactly like you'd encounter, they didn't make it perfect for Hollywood, like the ill-equipped operator for the gyrosphere ride and slapping a brand name on everything cuz it's all sponsored now and no one sponsors without their name all over things.

Back