JURASSIC PARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to see the end scene T-Rex versus Raptors from JP1 with teh "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banners falling....that's the diorama I want to see!

I don't need a dio of the whole thing, but I was watching the JP trilogy the other day and that pose is my ideal pose for a T-Rex maquette, at the least a T-Rex maquette has to be open mouth.

One dino I hope SSC touches upon is the Dilophosauruse, with frill out. That was such a cool design, the colors on the frill were brilliant, I always felt it was a wasted design that should have been used more in the movies.

I also hope they stick to JP1 and JP2 color schemes and designs for the dinosaurs, JP3 is good for it's new dinosaurs but butchered the early ones with the new color patterns on Raptors and Rex and Brontosaurs, I'll never understand what that was about.

God, I feel old. I was 21 when JP came out. I went from watching CGI dinosaurs to receiving lapdances from strippers the same night. :monkey3

sweet!!!

first you live a boyhood wet dream of seeing real life dinosaurs on the big screen, and then you, well, have a wet... reality at the strip club.

:rock :rock :rock

I feel like a kid, I was 10 when Jurrassic Park came out. I still have the original T-Rex figures, both the juvenile and the full adult, always thought Hasbro showed top notch effert making them of a rubber material for a real feel.

I feel like a kid, I was 10 when Jurrassic Park came out. I still have the original T-Rex figures, both the juvenile and the full adult, always thought Hasbro showed top notch effert making them of a rubber material for a real feel.

Hasbro's Jurassic Park Line was kick A$$! I had pretty much all of them. All the figures, all the dinos. I have not seen them in a while but the sculpting on all the dinosaurs was very good. I know JP3 is not as a popular as the other 2 but the Big Spinosaurus Hasbro did was very cool.:cool:

Plus the big one stomps and roars when you bang its feet!

Plus the big one stomps and roars when you bang its feet!

Ya, as long as you don't fall asleep with it and roll over onto the roar button breaking it resulting in him perpetually roaring, had to get it replaced, shortly after the first one. Still roars today though. Maybe I'll photograph it later just for nostalgia :) The juvie Rex works great with one of my King Kong figures to recreate the Rex-Kong fight.

Hasbro's Jurassic Park Line was kick A$$! I had pretty much all of them. All the figures, all the dinos. I have not seen them in a while but the sculpting on all the dinosaurs was very good. I know JP3 is not as a popular as the other 2 but the Big Spinosaurus Hasbro did was very cool.:cool:

My biggest issues with 3 was redesign of classic dinos, and I'm a Rex fan so his minimal showing was a little upsetting.

I had all the JP1 figures, the compounds, the jeep, the explorer, I had so much fun with them. I used to love recreating the Rex breaking apart Lex and Tim's explorer, just tearing the thing to pieces, thankfully the sunroof was hinged such that I could take it off and pretend it was broken. I also built my own paddocks out K-Nex because the playset didn't capture the film style. I also made the transport box for the Raptor in the beginning of JP1 out of LEGOs and made a LEGO paddock with liting door just like the movie too. I've always had a pretty good nack for coming up with ways to accomplish things.

Here's my wish-list:

T.rex bust/maquette
Raptor bust/maquette
Dilophosaurus bust/maquette
1:1 Compy
1:1 Raptor Hatchling in egg from JP
Diorama of T.rex fighting raptors at JP denouement
Diorama of T.rex attacking the Ford Explorers
Diorama of Velociraptors hunting for Lex and Tim in the kitchen
Diorama of Nedry getting attacked by Dilophosaurus
Diorama of T.rexes attacking the trailers
Diorama of Velociraptors in the long grass
1:1 replica of John Hammond's Cane

Just some hopes on my part. I'm hoping the line to be dominated by maquettes, busts, and dioramas. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just listened to the podcast, and it's mentioned that the line will be dinosaur focused and that the pieces we can expect will be "dynamic." I'm sincerely hoping this is a diorama hint! The podcast has me quite excited; the team they have lined up to work on these pieces is quite impressive (some having worked on the Bone Clones). The prospects for the line continue to look quite promising!

Last edited:
I'll have to get some. It would be nice to have detailed items from this movie.

You really can't go wrong with any Rex moment. Another cool first escape dio would be the Rex with destroyed explorer at it's feet roaring it's head off as Alan tries to draw it's attention. Rex was a great design and the roars they came up with for it were awesome.

I'm betting that it could well be the T.rex with the raptors in the Visitor Center lobby, or the T.rex escaping its pen and marching out between the two Ford Explorers. I'd say either of those would qualify as "dynamic" and be good flagship pieces.

As I posted on another thread about this, I WANT and WILL buy a T-Rex 'When dinosaurs ruled the Earth' diorama (the last appearance of Mr. Rex in the first movie).

Back