Jurassic Park license, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Andy said:
Rex%202.jpg

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Why did you have to post that?

Andy and Gru know what I'm talking about. :(

I know....:banghead :banghead :banghead

Hopefully I will have the "other" piece here at the end of the month which should still be REALLY cool. ;)

Money is not an issue when it comes to T-Rex Sideshow!!!!!!

Make it HUGE and ship via freight. lol

Gruson said:
Looks familiar. ;)

That it does........... :banghead

We'll just have to console ourselves with a measly stinkin' little bust.

JS :D ;)

Gruson said:
I know....:banghead :banghead :banghead

Hopefully I will have the "other" piece here at the end of the month which should still be REALLY cool. ;)

Money is not an issue when it comes to T-Rex Sideshow!!!!!!

Make it HUGE and ship via freight. lol

True enough for the most part. I might be a little hesitant of prices were as high as, say, the Predator maquette for every collectible (as a college student I really don't have the luxury of shelling out $1,000 per collectible). Now if they were around the price of the PF Lurtz or Frodo, even that I would be willing to pay without a doubt. I would hope that most of the collectibles would be more reasonably priced though. Still, this is what I have been waiting for since my childhood. Here's hoping for Toyfair ;) .

Well, I'm certainly hoping this license is in our future, even though whenever I ask Sideshow, all I get is the "we cannot release information to the public regarding future products" and that "information will first be made available through media outlets." I'm still at a loss as to what this means for our chances :rolleyes: .

Oh if they make that ill buy it for sure, dont know where i will gonna place the T-Rex but ill looks for a special place for it

This excerpt from the beginning of the March 2 newsletter piece on colaboration with SWS:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to partner with Emmy and Oscar winning makeup effects powerhouse Stan Winston Studio, whose ongoing collaborations with directors Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Tim Burton and many others have producted such iconic characters as the definitive T-rex, the Terminator endoskeleton, the Alien Queen, Edward Scissorhands and the Predator."

Now, I don't know about everyone else, but being that we have already seen the release of the Alien Queen, the Terminator endoskeleton, and the Predator, I think these are pretty safe bets. Here's hoping :banana .

Seeing all these pictures makes me wonder why the eyes on my Weta Kong vs V-Rex statue are so tiny? :confused:

The eyes on the V-rex were made smaller intentionally. PJ wanted more of a monster than a true dinosaur. When describing the Bull V.rex that was to be the least and biggest to battle Kong, PJ said he wanted the biggest, ugliest, meanest looking beast they could conjur up. They did, with smaller eyes to, in a sense, distance you from the heart of the beast, a jutting lower jaw deformity, and countless bony ridges along the skull not present in the other two V.rexes. Each V.rex was unique, the Matriarch for example (the same V.rex that the Weta bust is modeled after), was considered to be much older, with sagging skin, being the elder of group and having clearly seen better days. The juvenile was clearly the most nimble, lightly built, and the first V.rex to be encountered in the movie. Kong literally lays waste to a family. A pity, as it will certainly adversely impact the environment on Skull Island. Ah well, back to the point, that the eyes were supposed to be tiny. PJ was rather unconventional when pitching what he wanted for the V.rexes (which he wasn't even aware were re-dubbed "V.rexes" rather than "T.rexes" by Weta), even going back to more roughly scaled crocodilian-like skin rather than the smooth pebbled texture now adopted largely. Damn I can't wait for Kong on DVD!

I would be very interested in a 1/6 line, including a 1/6 T-Rex with Jeep and fence!

I feel obliged to point out 2 things:
Horizon models produced a series of excellent vinyl kits of 4 of the dinosaurs from JP, all patterned from the studio macquettes. They were all different scales, with the 'Velociraptor' and the Dilo at @1/4, the Rex @1/15 and the Brachiosaur at around 1/20. The poses were very static, but then so were the original models. You can find them on Ebay occasionally; they're worth looking for.
The 'V rexes' were designed to be a descendant of T.rex. Someone at Weta had the bright idea that evolution on Skull Island would stiil be working, albeit slowly. So none of the dinosaurs are exactly recognizeable as known species; they're all off-shoots or relatives or(in a few cases) complete fabrication. Check out"The World of Kong:A Natural History of Skull Island", which pretty well explains(in amazing detail) the whole biosphere of kong'05. It also provides a rather neat explanation as to why there aren't armies of scientists descending on the island(it sank!)...PS

The horizon models are without a doubt quite breathtaking, but the only time you might able able to pick one up for a descent price is when it's been taken out of the box and a subpar paint job is applied. In the box I know many JP collectors have paid ridiculous prices for them, and built and painted by pros they are even more expensive still. Again, good, but rare and even rarer to find at a descent price; that and bear in mind a large number of collectors do not have model building/painting skills and would much rather have, say, the pros at Sideshow do painting with their near spotless track record for accuracy in color schemes for "movie monsters," etc. For a full maquette of the original T.rex with the color scheme movie-accurate, fans would be willing to sell their family members to gypsies.

Also, as concerns the King Kong dinosaurs, "A Natural History of Skull Island" is a spectacular read (as is "The Making of King Kong"), elaborating on the creatures that we saw in the film and many of which we didn't. The only qualm that many seem to have is that the carnivorous organisms vastly appear to outnumber the herbivorous, which is order for there to be ecological stability simply couldn't occur; still, in all fairness to Weta, the book never really gives numbers, just species, so for all the readers know, the fewer species of herbivores could still vastly outnumber the many species of carnivore in total population. The book discussed to some great length how the Skull Island dinosaurs are descended from the prehistoric beasts we know and love, and as the island was rocked by geological phenomena, it shrank more and more, plunging the organisms into a Darwinian arms race of sorts, constantly trying to overcome arsenals of the other carnivores and herbivores on Skull Island to outcompete one another. A very cool way of explaining the variation we see.

Also, as I said in another post, diorama pieces would likely be ridiculously expensive, but I'm still all for them; the T.rex perched over the ruined Ford Explorer, the T.rex pair outside the trailer, the Velociraptors in the kitchen, the Dilophosaurus in full attack display outside the jeep attacking Nedry, and the list goes on. The possibilities are really endless, but I think we'll likely see maquettes and busts when we see anything (notice I said when and not if).

Where's the goat .....? :horror

I am in for this line, no doubt! :cool:

I was seriously considering the "other" option, but a SS produced product would be impossible to resist.

Back