Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW)

I love how self aware the JP community is to that Malcolm meme that it became a piece of merch.

My little JP collection minus the green Papo who is at home. Want the Rex and Dilophosaurus Pops.

D438370F-2FF1-4B52-B842-0EC1E609A3E3.jpeg

What's that big red one called again? I always thought if it was the proper color it would make for a good Rex.

I'll be buying the Grant Pop. I love that character so much.

The pop line is awesome! Will be getting them all!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What's that big red one called again? I always thought if it was the proper color it would make for a good Rex.

Think it’s called stomping trex or something. It’s the first movie trex and the one I never got. I had the smaller brown version as a kid.

It didn’t have a name like the Lost World figures.

redrex_front.jpg

Funny thing is, this was the promo image before it came out. As a 10 year old, I didn’t get the concept of promos and actual products differing so I was a little let down, but still loved it cuz it was to scale with the figures. It was my most favorite toy for a long time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Think it’s called stomping trex or something. It’s the first movie trex and the one I never got. I had the smaller brown version as a kid.

I went through two of the big ones because I broke the lever for the roar and it just kept roaring non-stop, so I somewhat preferred the smaller one because you could be rough with it.

I loved using LEGO and K’Nex to make pens for the dinosaurs.

I wish I still had this dilophosaurus, they’re pricey on eBay now.

JP-Dilo-11.jpg

My little JP collection minus the green Papo who is at home. Want the Rex and Dilophosaurus Pops.

View attachment 388381

I had the big red one as a kid. Used to scare my sister with it on a daily basis. It was eventually confiscated never to be seen again. :lol Wish I still had it.

My big red and little brown Rex are mine from childhood. It kills me how Hot Toys can make products that break down after a year or less, by my 25 year old Rex toys are in as good condition as when I got them.

Funny thing is, this was the promo image before it came out. As a 10 year old, I didn’t get the concept of promos and actual products differing so I was a little let down, but still loved it cuz it was to scale with the figures. It was my most favorite toy for a long time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jesus, that's museum-tier even by today's standards.

Though you can tell it's not even the same sculpt as the final. Completely different piece altogether.

Jesus, that's museum-tier even by today's standards.

Though you can tell it's not even the same sculpt as the final. Completely different piece altogether.

That T-Rex in the pic above is a maquette created by Stan Winston Studios to fill in for the Rex whilst Kenner came up with the production model. Pretty much explains why it looks so good.

It didn’t have a name like the Lost World figures.

redrex_front.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I like that they photoshopped (Corel Draw'd?) the feet to make it as unbalanced as the eventual figure. Paint job is one thing, but people complaining the promo pic is standing flat and perfect compared to the released figure, totally another.

It was my favourite toy, too, the elusive holy grail. But I had to settle playing with it at a friend's place. Myself I got the Jr version for Xmas, which had a better paint but that God awful "damage socket" with corresponding meat plug. Tried gluing it to no avail.

By the time TLW JP came out and the far superior to previous JP toys, Thrasher T-Rex, was released, I was out of the figure stage and into sports and females. Years later, mid 2000's I got my act together and purchased a MIB Thrasher off the bay. Sold it last year for $600. It paid for the Chronicle Rex basically.

Good times.

Not really a JP question, but a dinosaur (well...) one nevertheless: Are there any large – over 18" – full figures or sculptures of the V-Rex from King Kong (2005) out there?

If not, what is the grail V-Rex piece out there? The WETA bust looks spectacular, so I was hoping there's something out there that captures all of the animal.

There's this, which last I knew would cost a small fortune.

KongRexAICN.jpg

Not really a JP question, but a dinosaur (well...) one nevertheless: Are there any large – over 18" – full figures or sculptures of the V-Rex from King Kong (2005) out there?

If not, what is the grail V-Rex piece out there? The WETA bust looks spectacular, so I was hoping there's something out there that captures all of the animal.

Rebor is making one I think. They have shown digital designs on their Facebook.

I like that they photoshopped (Corel Draw'd?) the feet to make it as unbalanced as the eventual figure. Paint job is one thing, but people complaining the promo pic is standing flat and perfect compared to the released figure, totally another.

It was my favourite toy, too, the elusive holy grail. But I had to settle playing with it at a friend's place. Myself I got the Jr version for Xmas, which had a better paint but that God awful "damage socket" with corresponding meat plug. Tried gluing it to no avail.

By the time TLW JP came out and the far superior to previous JP toys, Thrasher T-Rex, was released, I was out of the figure stage and into sports and females. Years later, mid 2000's I got my act together and purchased a MIB Thrasher off the bay. Sold it last year for $600. It paid for the Chronicle Rex basically.

Good times.

That thrasher Rex is worth 600? Holy **** why did I give it away to some kid when I was little ? Ugh!

There's this, which last I knew would cost a small fortune.

KongRexAICN.jpg
Nice! Wish there was one without the gigantic ape.

Rebor is making one I think. They have shown digital designs on their Facebook.
That is promising news. I like their stuff a lot (ironically not their T-Rex though, due to its stance). Hope their V-Rex is larger than their Tyrannosaur and fully licensed/true to screen.

That thrasher Rex is worth 600? Holy **** why did I give it away to some kid when I was little ? Ugh!
Yeah man. Heck, even more now, it seems. Might've underselled myself all things considered. But only if MIB. Loose ones go for a lot less.

That stuff has always been collectible. I remember selling a lot of my old toys when I was done with them as a kid.

Man, if only I could go back in time and tell 10 year old me not to play with all of my dinos outside and in the mud. In fact, I should've told young me to never open their packaging! I just checked prices of new ones on eBay and I could've been rich! :lol

Back