Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P. UPDATED 29/08/10 Highland tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P.

Thats ____in' awesome!!!!! :clap

Lucky rat bastard :bow

Should have taken a dump where that ****** bag MacLeod stuck his sword.

Should have taken a dump where that ****** bag MacLeod stuck his sword.
:rotfl Couldn't KD too many bloody tourists around..............oh hang on that's me :rotfl

nice... hey, have you seen the newest figure with a connery sculpt? i thought it might help you .

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2010/06/toys-city-british-royal-navy-special.html

the head might need some resulpting to fix the hair, but hey.
Thanks lerath666 ,that's actually the one I've ordered,

UPDATE........
Been out to Glencoe again today to see Etive Beag the second of the great mountains on the left of the glen going in,this was the one the battle was filmed under,A lot of people think it was filmed in front of Buchaille Etive Mor but this is not the case,
Shortly after taking these pics I was actually nearly decapitated myself!!! by an RAF Tornado !!!! it was that low I could see the bloody rivets !!!

P8240576a.JPG

P8240508a.jpg

Kindest regards
Tys

Gifking.gif

/albums/t244/KingDarkness07/Banners%20and%20avatars/Gifking.gif[/IMG]

" MOTHER OF GOD " !!!.......Love that part of the film

Ok quite a big update tonight,
My Highlander holiday is nearly at an end,but yesterday I visited Castle MacLeod itself.......Eilean Donan Castle

P8250886.JPG

P8250892.JPG

P8250794.JPG

P8250805.JPG

One of the staff who works at Eilean Donan Castle was actually an extra in the film,
Apparently a lot of the locals were recruted, fed and watered for the days they were filming and generally had a great time,although he did say that some of them had to be 'calmed down' a little in the battle scenes LOL,
I didn't get his surname but he is called David and works in the main visitors centre,
He can be seen in the picture when all the MacLeods are heading off to battle over the bridge.

osw_macleod.JPG

Also dropped back in when we were returning from The Kyle Of Lochalsh in the evening as well,managed to get some great sunset shots..............

P8251060.JPG

P8251094.JPG

P8251139.JPG

P8251150.JPG

Kindest regards
Tys

Last edited:

Yesterday was Eilean Donan........

Today we visited Loch Sheil,Glenfinnan to be exact, Connor's fictional birthplace (even though the actual castle is up the coast LOL)

P8261330.JPG

P8261333.JPG

P8261416.JPG

This effectivly brings my fantastic Highlander holiday to a close,will be going back to Glencoe tommorow for my last day (going RAF Tornado spotting) although of course if I manage to re-visit any Highlander locations I'll be sure to post pics,

If you guys ever get the chance to visit Scotland I wholeheartedly recommend The Highlands,If you need any advice on how to find the locations just PM me.

Hope you've enjoyed the updates and I'll certainly becarrying on with my Ramirez figure when I get home,

Kindest regards
Tys

I 100% hate you! You lucky bastard. Thnx for sharing those shots with us :rock :rock :rock

I compete in the Scottish Highland Games every summer and I would love to go to Scotland and throw against some of the best. I am soooooo very jealous of you right now. :thud:

My Kurgan Lord that is some beautiful scenery.

*seethes with jealousy*

Well, I managed to get back upto Glencoe today,Did a bit of Tornado spotting,and two were very kind enough to fly through together :)

Went to Etive Beag and back to The Study as well today,Visited the waterfall in the shot from the 'who wants to live forever' sequence (where Heather climbs the banking holding the lamb when she's aged) got a lot of pics around The Study as well showing different views from around Connor's keep in the film,

I'll post pics over the weekend as I'm packing tonight to return home:( :( :(

Again thanks for all the kind comments and I'm glad you've enjoyed what has essentially become my Highlander Travel blog :lol

I'm really inspired now to finish my Ramirez,because when he's done I'm moving on to medievil Connor :)

Kindest regards
Tys

*Highlander*

"I'm Shhhean Connery. A Scottishhh acchhhent will be just fine for my character that has never been to Scotland."

*Highlander*

"I'm Shhhean Connery. A Scottishhh acchhhent will be just fine for my character that has never been to Scotland."

Ah yes he's a strange mix is our Spanish Peacock,
Born in Egypt,travelled to Japan,Chief metallurgist to a Spanish king that didn't actually exist and speaks with a Scottish accent..........
But hey I couldn't ever imagine and for that matter wouldn't want any other actor playing the part of Ramirez.

Kindest regards
Tys

Ok FINAL Highland trip update (I promise LOL)

Went back to Glencoe on Friday in the hope of spotting some Tornados

Visited Etive Beag again,better weather so got some brighter shots

P8271529.JPG

P8271529.JPG

Was there about one hour and heard a distant rumble.........
Then.................THUNDER IN THE GLEN !!!

P8271565.JPG

P8271566.JPG

P8271567.JPG

P8271568.JPG

P8271569.JPG

Waited another hour and a half but there was nothing doing so I went frurther down the Glen to The Study..........

more in next post

Kindest regards
Tys

Arrived at the Study and again it was better light so took some better shots on Friday

P8271592.JPG

To the left is the mountains that form the backdrop to part of the training sequence.....

"Never lose your temper...If your head comes away from your neck,...It's over"

P8271654.JPG

P8271657.JPG

Turned to face the opposite direction and realised that I was in front of the falls that appear behind Heather when she climbs the hillside towards Connor carrying the lamb in the 'Who wants to live forever' sequence

P8271615.JPG

P8271614.JPG

I then stepped a little further back up the track away from the study and took a very poignant photo, the view from Heather's grave,the final scenes that we see in the film of the Highlands in medievil times...........................

P8271640.JPG

This sequence in the films I have to admit always has from the first time of viewing,left me with a bit of a lump in my throat,
Having visited the location in person,if you allow yourself to drift a bit,it doesn't take much to feel a little emotional,

I'll leave it there folks,I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed visiting all the locations,I'm a massive Highlander fan and have always wanted to make the 'pilgrimage' to the locations,My next updates will be back on track with Ramirez, but until then I'll leave you with some final words............

Heather~ "Where are we ?"

Connor~ "We're in The Highlands.....Where else?.......Running down a mountain side................The sun is shining.......It's not cold....you've got your sheepskins on ......and the boots i made for you.............Goodnight my bonnie Heather.......

highlander2.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to say in my Eilean Donan post (have now edited it) that one of the staff who works there still was actually an extra in the film,
Apparently a lot of the locals were recruted, fed and watered for the days they were filming and generally had a great time,although he did say that some of them had to be 'calmed down' a little in the battle scenes LOL,
I didn't get his surname but he is called David and works in the main visitors centre,
He can be seen in the picture when all the MacLeods are heading off to battle over the bridge.

osw_macleod.JPG

Kindest regards
Tys

Back